KSP or Minecraft?

cutlercollin99

KSP or Minecraft  

113 members have voted

1. 1. KSP or Minecraft

I used to love Minecraft but it just dulled out way too much especially the community. It was that compared to Roblox with so many rude "kids" as you can say who act older than what they really are... Therefore, I'd vote for KSP, even if it eventually does get multiplayer in the foreseeable future, this community is a lot more nicer than comments from Minecraft... KSP by far has way more creativity in regards to fun than Minecraft. Not to mention block games are overrated now-a-days :wink:

As a matter of fact, what version is on Minecraft, last time I remember was like 1.7 or something :P

SQUAD for the win!

The only reason I still play is because, since 2012, I play on a really mature community. We all know eachother

• 3 months later...

KSP is WAY better. KSP is more open to the mind of creativity using real parts with real function, whereas minecraft, you are basically using blocks for everything. In minecraft multiplayer, there are mainly two things you can do with each other: build or fight. When KSP (Stock) multiplayer comes out, you will be able to dock, go to space, dogfight, and do tons of other things together. And yes, minecraft is overrun by kids nowadays, and with KSP, even NASA agrees with it, and you don't really see 5 or 7 year olds playing KSP(well, very fewer than minecraft). And plus, KSP will probably have more updates when it's complete, because KSP started around 0.07 or somewhere around that and minecraft started at 1.0.0. Unfortunently, only the other KSP bro likes KSP from all the other people I know. KSP for life.

-One of the KSP bros.

Edited by KSP Bros

I Rarely play minecraft, only on singleplayer because the amounts of 5 year old's on multiplayer. Though there has been an increased amount functional stuff (especially the epic new elytra wings). On minecraft im a redstone / command block guy. :confused:

Kerbal Space Program is extremely fun. I usually play multiplayer on Dark Multi Player. (Addon) Link is  | d-mp.org. | It's really fun, I Like to colonize most of the time on ksp :P. So umm.... I guess i'm neutral?  :blush: Though I prefer those damn Kerbals! :cool:

-Slicer:sticktongue:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2015. 12. 07. at 0:47 AM, KSP Bros said:

KSP is WAY better. KSP is more open to the mind of creativity using real parts with real function, whereas minecraft, you are basically using blocks for everything. In minecraft multiplayer, there are mainly two things you can do with each other: build or fight. When KSP (Stock) multiplayer comes out, you will be able to dock, go to space, dogfight, and do tons of other things together. And yes, minecraft is overrun by kids nowadays, and with KSP, even NASA agrees with it, and you don't really see 5 or 7 year olds playing KSP(well, very fewer than minecraft). And plus, KSP will probably have more updates when it's complete, because KSP started around 0.07 or somewhere around that and minecraft started at 1.0.0. Unfortunently, only the other KSP bro likes KSP from all the other people I know. KSP for life.

-One of the KSP bros.

He means from all the people we know, only we play KSP, even though we try to get other people to join.

-The other KSP bro: Leader of the Atlysian Empire (LAE)

his nickname is Kerbals In Arms (KIS) not the mod

I only just bought Minecraft a few months ago, and I felt like I'd already exhausted most of its potential within about two weeks. After defeating the Ender Dragon, there's just not much goal to achieve. Yes, it's a sandbox game where that's the whole point, but after getting through the End all you can do is build bigger buildings. When I play sandbox games, I like doing things that have some kind of function. I liked making a railway between my Nether portal and my house because its exit appeared in a different spot than the entrance. I liked building a fully automated zombie farm. But both of those things have purpose. My house ended up being a compact block of wood because making it pretty didn't seem necessary. I'm not saying that I did nothing to make it pretty, but making a house with the sole purpose of looking good seemed utterly pointless.

That's why I like KSP. It also technically has no goal (arguably less than Minecraft, even), but it's easy to come up with your own goals, and achieving those goals often can become stepping stones to greater goals. Everything you build has a role in achieving that goal, and there's plenty to do in the process of achieving that goal. Want to go to the Mun? You'll have to figure out how, first, and then actually build a rocket capable of doing it. And it feels so rewarding when you actually achieve those goals.

So, yeah. KSP for the win, here.

Edited by Vaporo

I don't play much anymore, but there is no reason to choose. Both games can express creativity and can sometimes inspire innovation. Of course, Minecraft did turn into a PVP zone with a surprising amount of children, but there are some servers in there that are not bad.

Sooo, both are pretty cool.

my little sister mentioned that she played minecraft. so i played the raspberry pi version, this prompted me to get the pc version. this was a horrible mistake, now i have every possible color of sheep in my farm.

I'd say KSP. It does, however, burn me out every now and then because there's not much to do once you've done all the things. I don't get that sense of accomplishment anymore. Oh how I wish Squad added procedural seed-based planets and solar systems. And a proper multiplayer mode. Then the game would be perfect.

Minecraft is fun too but playing alone often feels really boring and I haven't found a server that doesn't lag.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

I'd have to say... both. However, Minecraft has been overrun by 5-year olds, but it's pretty fun on SP. KSP is in its own category entirely (Orbiter and the like don't nearly have as many people playing them and development put into them). Note: KSP may soon suffer from the invasion of the little kids soon. My younger sister is eight and she has been BEGGING me to teach her how to play KSP.

I've tried Minecraft before, but it doesn't really seem to be my thing.  However, it IS something I can play with my nine-year-old nephew.

6 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

KSP may soon suffer from the invasion of the little kids soon. My younger sister is eight and she has been BEGGING me to teach her how to play KSP.

My nephew has also been bugging me about playing KSP.  Looks like I'll have to teach him Rocket Science 101.:wink:

These days, both games stand about even with me, I tend to burn out with them from time to time, but I do come back eventually.

What usually gets me back into one or another is an idea that prompts me to return to the game, something like new launcher configs in KSP, or a very long-running project in MC such as this:

BBBEO1M.png

But as for what's better, as others have mentioned, KSP and Minecraft cater to different things, being better in some aspects and worse in others, so I can't make a real call there.

Edited by [ Jeremy ]

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TopHeavy11 said:

FARK.com: (8983412) The first mate and his skipper too, they did their ...

I like to play a mix of KSP and Minecraft...PLUS a fusion of the two: Space Engineers!

I wish I could afford Space Engineers. I bought KSP back in High School. Now I'm in college and every penny goes to disgustingly overpriced textbooks and my parking sticker.

I lean to the KSP side of things. A few of my close friends and I run a private creative Minecraft server that's just us, mostly building magnificent cities and dungeons. And I play on this weird hermit singleplayer world with an OCD organized symetrical house. Minecraft isn't bad, but KSP absolutely destroys it. I've spent WAY more time on KSP, The community is better, There's more to do, and it's an overall more fun and challenging game. The only category that Minecraft wins is stability, since KSP gets a lot more crashes and lag than MC.

I'm not going to be so bold as to say that KSP is better outright, but I prefer it immensely. Minecraft lost my interest some time ago, and I haven't really gone back to it. I usually return to KSP. Mods are easier with KSP, but I can play LAN Minecraft with my bro, but glorious, glorious SRBs, but Minecraft is definitely more stable, but the call of space...

Space is beautiful. 

The games are definitely different. But one has space. I will always default to the option with space. 

• 7 months later...

I played minecraft ''properly'' since 2012, because it is too easy. And i have played ksp properly since 2014, since it is much harded. I have more things to do in KSP than in Minecraft. I have already blown out my Minecraft fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.