[1.12.x] Automated Screenshots

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, coteyr said:

This mod is pretty nice, but I can never get it to save my preferences. I have to set it back up every time I launch KSP. Is that normal? Can you implement preference saving?

It is supposed to save your preferences.

I just ran a test, and it saved for me properly.

What OS are you playing on?

Please send me a log file.

Linux 64 bit.

Relevent part of the log

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/coteyr/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/AutomatedScreenshots/AS_Settings.cfg".
3484342-	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
3484501-	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
3484602-	System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
3484660-	ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
3484729-	ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
3484776:	AutomatedScreenshots.FileOperations.SaveConfiguration (AutomatedScreenshots.Configuration configuration, System.String file)
3484903:	AutomatedScreenshots.Configuration.Save ()
3484948:	AutomatedScreenshots.MainMenuGui.GUIToggle ()
3484996-	KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnFalse (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType)
3485115-	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
3485255-	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
3485330-	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
3485402-	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1)
3485580-	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup)
3485720-	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data)
3485823-	KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
3485961-	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
3486091-	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)

Looks like a case sensitivity issue the real path is 

/home/coteyr/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/AutomatedScreenShots

Big S in "Shots"

49 minutes ago, coteyr said:

Submitted a pull request that should fix it, no idea if it breaks stuff for anyone else though.

It won't break anything, I'll take a look and accept your pull when I get some time

Thanks for finding this, although as soon as you said "linux" I knew what the problem was.

LGG

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, eberkain said:

Getting some great use out of this mod, thanks a lot for making it.   Is there any way I can add something like a 0.5 sec delay before taking a shot that triggers on a staging event.  

not really.  It would actually be a fair amount of work to do that. 

Why not put in a Github issue about this, it's an interesting idea and I can look into it when I get back to this mod

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

not really.  It would actually be a fair amount of work to do that. 

Why not put in a Github issue about this, it's an interesting idea and I can look into it when I get back to this mod

done, thanks

• 5 weeks later...

OMG..  Now I have found this MOD it has saved my bugged game Soooooo  many times now.

@linuxgurugamer Thank you so much for this and taking on other MODS.

Quick question, can this save to a folder inside save, maybe using relative addressing like

.\AutoSaves\-rotates90-[cnt].sfs

If not that would be awesome.

I have a large rotate number and hitting the load game screen takes a while. :cool:

Also, do the variables for screenshots work in the saves, tried a couple of them and it does not seam to work, but could just be me. OKAY my bad, Got it working for variables...

If not Great MOD anyways.

And, If I can be so bold as to suggest, this should be called Automated SAVES with screenshots as the title doesn't do this MOD justice. :lol:

I only found it as I was looking at what other awesome stuff you do.

Looking in the forum I would probably (actually probably did) just skip this MOD as I ain't really interested in making a scrapbook. Hehehe!

But saving my game from crashes is just SPECTACULAR...

Edited by FizzerUK

3 hours ago, FizzerUK said:

OMG..  Now I have found this MOD it has saved my bugged game Soooooo  many times now.

@linuxgurugamer Thank you so much for this and taking on other MODS.

Quick question, can this save to a folder inside save, maybe using relative addressing like

.\AutoSaves\-rotates90-[cnt].sfs

If not that would be awesome.

I have a large rotate number and hitting the load game screen takes a while. :cool:

Also, do the variables for screenshots work in the saves, tried a couple of them and it does not seam to work, but could just be me. OKAY my bad, Got it working for variables...

If not Great MOD anyways.

And, If I can be so bold as to suggest, this should be called Automated SAVES with screenshots as the title doesn't do this MOD justice. :lol:

I only found it as I was looking at what other awesome stuff you do.

Looking in the forum I would probably (actually probably did) just skip this MOD as I ain't really interested in making a scrapbook. Hehehe!

But saving my game from crashes is just SPECTACULAR...

I added this suggestion as a Github issue:

Save to folder inside current save

Currently all saves are to the same folder. Add the ability to save to a folder inside the current save

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just an idea for a small enhancement, maybe. Not a request, just a idea... would it be possible to save the "auto start rotating save system"-option on a savegame basis? So that one can have it enabled for the career-game, but not enabled for the test-game?
In combination with S.A.V.E., which backups all savegame folders one gets huge amount of saves, fast. :D:) But on the other hand it's no problem to clean it once in a while.
Maybe one could save the option in the save game itself or save a list for which games have the option enabled... or to be on the safe side, which games have the option disabled.
But, as I said, just an idea... maybe it's not worth the work or it's even better the way it is. :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

On 1/3/2017 at 5:45 AM, Jebs_SY said:

Just an idea for a small enhancement, maybe. Not a request, just a idea... would it be possible to save the "auto start rotating save system"-option on a savegame basis? So that one can have it enabled for the career-game, but not enabled for the test-game?
In combination with S.A.V.E., which backups all savegame folders one gets huge amount of saves, fast. :D:) But on the other hand it's no problem to clean it once in a while.
Maybe one could save the option in the save game itself or save a list for which games have the option enabled... or to be on the safe side, which games have the option disabled.
But, as I said, just an idea... maybe it's not worth the work or it's even better the way it is. :)

maybe in the future, I'll add it as an enhancement request

@linuxgurugamer

Earlier a KSP-savegame was only a .SFS file. Now a KSP-savegame is a .SFS file + a .loadmeta file. Automated screenshots saves regulary and creates both files that way. "rotate-123.loadmeta" + "rotate-123.sfs".

However it only deletes the SFS so the loadmeta's stay in the folder. The fix is hopefully easy: The delete function of automated screenshots should delete both files "rotate-123.loadmeta" + "rotate-123.sfs".

I will create a github issue later. o/ :)

EDIT: BTW, I've found accidentally the information, how to remove a button from main menu. :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea why this would cause me to crash?  I tried it both in png and jepg modes, crashed both times.  I did the same flight manually taking screenshots about the same as the mod would, no crash...

EDIT: I'm using this as the file name [vessel]-[year][day][hour][min][sec], tried to change it to [vessel]-[uT] still crashed.  

EDIT EDIT:  Yeah, I've tried every option in every setting, if I try to use auto screenshots, I crash.  I'm sure its a mod conflict, but doing a test to figure out what one is going to be a serious undertaking.  And not sure if any test would be reliable.  Right now if I turn on auto screenshots it will take 2-4 before I get a crash.  I can take manual screenshots all day long and not have a problem.   So frustrating.  

Edited by eberkain

When you take a screenshot there is a little delay as the screen flashes off my ui and back on.  I've noticed that regardless of settings the delay when the mod takes a screenshot is dramatically longer than when I take screenshots manually.  I played a good 6 hour session without any problems performance wise or crash wise.   As soon as activate auto screenshots and launch a rocket I get a crash.  

I zipped up a few of my crash logs, not sure if its worth looking at, I didn't see anything that would point me at anything that was the culprit.  I really do want to get this working for taking pics for my logbook.  Going to try a fresh download, maybe I have a corrupt copy of the mod?

EDIT:  Tried messing with it again this morning, mod took one SS and then crash when it was trying to take a second.   The only thing I see in the crash log is this block...  not sure if it might be telling on what the problem is?  

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FF6F576D584 (KSP_x64) AnimationCurveTpl<float>::Sort
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 000000002734A0E5)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 000000002734A0E5)
0x000000002734A0E5 ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 0000000027349D3E)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 0000000027349D3E)
0x0000000027349D3E ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 0000000027354DA3)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 0000000027354DA3)
0x0000000027354DA3 ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 0000000027354A7E)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 0000000027354A7E)
0x0000000027354A7E ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 00000000273548C5)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 00000000273548C5)
0x00000000273548C5 ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 000000002734BCA8)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 000000002734BCA8)
0x000000002734BCA8 ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 000000002734B7F9)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 000000002734B7F9)
0x000000002734B7F9 ((<unknown>)) 
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'The specified module could not be found.' (Address: 00000000048B0126)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.' (Address: 00000000048B0126)
0x00000000048B0126 ((<unknown>)) 
0x00007FFFF9954FFB (mono) mono_set_defaults
0x00007FFFF98A8341 (mono) mono_runtime_invoke
0x00007FFFF98AE72F (mono) mono_runtime_invoke_array
0x00007FFFF98AEA04 (mono) mono_runtime_invoke_array
0x00007FFFF98CE9C3 (mono) mono_security_set_mode
0x00007FFFF98CF41A (mono) mono_security_set_mode
0x00007FFFF98D30FF (mono) mono_thread_interruption_request_flag
0x00007FFFF9987729 (mono) unity_mono_method_is_generic
0x00007FF82C858364 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Edited by eberkain

KOS intregration

Is there anyway to get something in KOS to trigger a screenshot (maybe an Action group key)

I know of a Mod thats enables KOS to switchs cameras "stock flight camera position" It would be great it we could program a flyby in KOS and have it take a picture and see if are calculation are correct

kind of like New Horizon Pluto flyby

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.