[1.12.x] Automated Screenshots

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to give praise and glory to the program and programmer. 

this mod save function saved my career save and kerbals from bugs, general carelessness, design faults and forgetfulness.

the screenshots function allows me to see wat my automated ship's do wen I sleep or at work (and by saving in a synced drive I can see wily I'm at work) and see wen the ship zagged wen it should have zigged

Just putting this in and trying it out.  Two quick thoughts:

• For some reason I can't arrow through the path to where the screenshots are stored to edit it.  This is slightly annoying.
  • I'd like an option to *only* take screenshots on events - no timed screenshots.

• 2 months later...

New release, 0.8.0.1:

• Updated for 1.3 (0.8.0)
  • Replaced depreciated call to GameEvents.onLevelWas Loaded with Unity SceneManagment calls (0.8.0)
  • Rebuild due to bad packaging
On 3/29/2017 at 9:56 AM, DStaal said:

Also: The 'evt' filename tag doesn't appear to work correctly: It *always* says the screenshot was 'timed'.

Please tes and let me know if this is still happening, if it is, please ping me and raise a github issue

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.8.0.1:

• Updated for 1.3 (0.8.0)
  • Replaced depreciated call to GameEvents.onLevelWas Loaded with Unity SceneManagment calls (0.8.0)
  • Rebuild due to bad packaging

Please tes and let me know if this is still happening, if it is, please ping me and raise a github issue

I'll take a look at it whenever GOG gets around to releasing KSP 1.3.

4 hours ago, danielboro said:

i have a gog 1.3 installed for 4 day's

You're on Windows. :wink:

They got the Windows version out a few days ago, and the Linux version out yesterday.  MacOS is sometime early next week.  (Unless you're running Galaxy.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I dont understNd the question, can you be a bit more specific?

Do you want to disable the screenshos in general?

No the feature where it takes a picture after a specified interval. Is there a way to disable that one feature?

• Is it possible to make screenshot manually (F1),  but with mod features: Convert to jpg, supersize, filename formatno gui, etc?
  • Is it possible to disable screenshot by interval, but enable screenshot after scene change or after special events?
  • Is it possible to configure datestring format (example — yyyyMMdd-HHmmssjust like in the sensible-screenshot mod ?

UPD. or this mod is about AUTOMATED screenshots, so maybe better ask @magico13 introduce into the Sensible Screenshot some feature from here: supersize, no gui than vice versa.

@linuxgurugamer but still consider the list above.

Edited by flart

2 hours ago, flart said:
  • Is it possible to make screenshot manually (F1),  but with mod features: Convert to jpg, supersize, filename formatno gui, etc?
  • Is it possible to disable screenshot by interval, but enable screenshot after scene change or after special events?
  • Is it possible to configure datestring format (example — yyyyMMdd-HHmmssjust like in the sensible-screenshot mod ?

UPD. or this mod is about AUTOMATED screenshots, so maybe better ask @magico13 introduce into the Sensible Screenshot some feature from here: supersize, no gui than vice versa.

@linuxgurugamer but still consider the list above.

Look at this for what you are looking for:

You will need to do some configuring but it should do most of what you want.

and this:

which can do the supersizing

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look at this for what you are looking for: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/165482-131-the-kaptains-log/ You will need to do some configuring but it should do most of what you want.

and this:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151126-131-bolt-on-screenshot-system-boss-continued/ which can do the supersizing

I wanted workaround for https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPLoadingScreenManager/issues/4 by making twice-size screenshots (and halfres textures = normal size loading screenshots) but instead reduced some other graphics option and leave fullres textures.

Edited by flart

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, IMLL1 said:

If I go into the AS_Settings.cfg file and tweak the screenshotInterval, can I get a value lower than 0.1 or will it bump the value up as soon as I open KSP?

You could, but it will kill your performance, fill your disk, etc.  If you  want a video, use a screen capture program such as  OBS

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You could, but it will kill your performance, fill your disk, etc.  If you  want a video, use a screen capture program such as  OBS

Ok thanks. I am making gifs for my craft on KerbalX, and the KSP directory I use for craft screenshots is already pretty performance-intensive. I could manage to fly with less frames. So long as it 'pauses' the game while it takes a screenshot (which KSP automatically does), I can handle it. Anyway, thanks for making this outstanding mod!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.