[WIP][1.2.2] Keridian Dynamics - Dev Thread [Last Update: 2017-01-21]

7 hours ago, Sirius K said:

Also, what mod do i need to make this mod at least able to build parts?

The problem is that the released version of the mod has the wrong module names for the Extraplanetary Launchpads integration, so those references in the .cfg have to be fixed. I did so a year or so ago and sent a PR, but of course the original modmaker has moved on from KSP, so they never got integrated with a release.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:57 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Greetings.

I am have asked @Eleusis La Arwall's permission to update / continue / adopt / release this wonderful mod.

Hopefully I hear back from @Eleusis La Arwall soon with an answer. In case I don't hear back, I intend to respectfully proceed as permitted by the individual licenses of this mod as soon as the end of March 2020.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should they ever want to continue this mod.

I also plan on including updates from @Krakatoa's repo and other patches in this thread.

Thank you kindly in advance!

Keridian Dynamics - Vessel Assembly: license-CC--BY--NC%204.0-lightgrey

88x31.png

SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg  Github-Indexed-blue.svg?style=plastic

https://github.com/EleusisLaArwall/KeridianDynamics-VesselAssembly

https://github.com/Khalendros/KeridianDynamics-VesselAssembly

https://spacedock.info/mod/308

More news when there is some.

I just heard back from @Eleusis La Arwall.

Gave permission.

Proceeding with adoption as time permits.

@zer0Kerbal For your consideration, in my game I added this recipe as an option to the Chemical Reactor to recover LFO from the water and C02 produced by as byproducts of the smelters.  I also add small storage capacity to the Chemical Reactor to capture a supply of CO2 and water to delay dumping the excess. 

Spoiler

EL_ConverterRecipe
{
    // This is used in the chemical reactor for recombining C02 and H20 into
    // Liquid Fuel and O2
    //
    // LiquidFuel is assumed to be RP-1 which is further assumed to be C12H16
    // and thus is 160.25544g/mol
    //
    // Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 44.0095g/mol
    // Water (H2O) 18.01528g/mol.
    // Liquid Fuel (C12H16) 160.25544g/mol
    // Oxidizer (O2) = 31.9988g
    //
    // This gives the following reaction:
    //   36C02 + 24H20 -> 3C12H16 + 4802
    //
    // With the following masses:
    //
    // Input:
    //     H2O = 432.3667g
    //     CO2 = 1584.342g
    //
    // Output:
    //     C12H16 = 480.7663g
    //	   O2 = 31.9988g
    //
    name = LFOReclamation
    Input
    {
        efficiency = 1.0
        ElectricCharge = 100.000
        Water = 432.36672
        CarbonDioxide = 1584.342
    }
    Output
    {
        efficiency = 1.0
        LiquidFuel = 480.76632
	Oxidizer* = 1535.904
    }
}

4 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@zer0Kerbal For your consideration, in my game I added this recipe as an option to the Chemical Reactor to recover LFO from the water and C02 produced by as byproducts of the smelters.  I also add small storage capacity to the Chemical Reactor to capture a supply of CO2 and water to delay dumping the excess. 

Reveal hidden contents

EL_ConverterRecipe
{
    // This is used in the chemical reactor for recombining C02 and H20 into
    // Liquid Fuel and O2
    //
    // LiquidFuel is assumed to be RP-1 which is further assumed to be C12H16
    // and thus is 160.25544g/mol
    //
    // Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 44.0095g/mol
    // Water (H2O) 18.01528g/mol.
    // Liquid Fuel (C12H16) 160.25544g/mol
    // Oxidizer (O2) = 31.9988g
    //
    // This gives the following reaction:
    //   36C02 + 24H20 -> 3C12H16 + 4802
    //
    // With the following masses:
    //
    // Input:
    //     H2O = 432.3667g
    //     CO2 = 1584.342g
    //
    // Output:
    //     C12H16 = 480.7663g
    //	   O2 = 31.9988g
    //
    name = LFOReclamation
    Input
    {
        efficiency = 1.0
        ElectricCharge = 100.000
        Water = 432.36672
        CarbonDioxide = 1584.342
    }
    Output
    {
        efficiency = 1.0
        LiquidFuel = 480.76632
	Oxidizer* = 1535.904
    }
}

Wonderful. Had seen and was considering.

Would you mind doing a GitHub PR? https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/KeridianDynamics

Either way - thank you!

+1 :rep:

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I worked on Keridian Dynamics - Vessel Assembly and @zer0Kerbal asked for permission to continue the mod. I'm actually very happy to see people still using my mod and even want to update it :3 I propably won't find time to work on the mod in the near future.

Hereby I gladly grant permission to continue / adopt / update / release to @zer0Kerbal. Also thank you for taking care!

A lot of the updates I posted here never saw the light of day and so I packed an experimental version of my current state and uploaded it to Github: link
(versions I used: KSP v1.6.1; CRP 1.0.0; EL 6.5.0; PM 0.0.016.4; MM 4.0.2; IFS 3.6.18.3)

I'd like to thank the community for the fun time I had working on this mod. Special thanks to all who gave feedback or helped me in other ways.

Have fun and stay healthy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@zer0Kerbal, are you still planning an update to this mod?

This reason is because i'd like some compatability with Simplex Resources.

I had planned in the past to utilise the furnaces as part of simplex resources as well, but I'm not sure how the models are functioning in 1.9 and 1.10.

Peace

23 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I had planned in the past to utilise the furnaces as part of simplex resources as well, but I'm not sure how the models are functioning in 1.9 and 1.10.

Peace

@zer0Kerbal has been pretty quiet lately, but I've been using parts of this since 1.6 and played a little in 1.10 before going back to 1.9.1  to wait for 1.10.1 to come out. I patched most of the parts to work how I wanted to replace equivalent EL parts for my game.  I'm not using any of the container system, but most other parts and animations seem to work fine if you're willing to rewrite the patches for whatever mods you want to use. The stock patches are a bit out of date.

The only "bug" I haven't sorted out is getting the roller animation in the recycler to toggle with "activating" the recycle function. I have two separate toggles one to turn on rollers and one for recycling. 

1 hour ago, Tonka Crash said:

@zer0Kerbal has been pretty quiet lately, but I've been using parts of this since 1.6 and played a little in 1.10 before going back to 1.9.1  to wait for 1.10.1 to come out. I patched most of the parts to work how I wanted to replace equivalent EL parts for my game.  I'm not using any of the container system, but most other parts and animations seem to work fine if you're willing to rewrite the patches for whatever mods you want to use. The stock patches are a bit out of date.

The only "bug" I haven't sorted out is getting the roller animation in the recycler to toggle with "activating" the recycle function. I have two separate toggles one to turn on rollers and one for recycling. 

I'm really only interested in the furnaces tbh.  As processing metal ore to anything doesn't make sense with stock ISRUs.

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I'm really only interested in the furnaces tbh.  As processing metal ore to anything doesn't make sense with stock ISRUs.

The animations for the furnaces still work. The resource converter module will probably need a rewrite to work with your resource chain.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 10:57, noobkerblkat said:

¡Estoy realmente interesado en este mod!

¿Hay una versión o descarga aquí que funcione bien con ksp 1.9.1?

gracias de antemano

The mod was inherited to @zer0Kerbalo for its future update, but no news has been made, and has been quiet lately.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 1:02 AM, Tonka Crash said:

Can you upload your bug fixes? I hope to fix this mod up because the EPL parts are so ugly, it could probably be done easiest with some ModuleManager patches to just change the models for all the EPL parts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here you go. The more reports back the faster I can get it released.

v0.8.9.1-prerelease Vacuuming the Carpets

available on CurseForge.

Kindly file reports (bug, issue, enhancement, etc) on GitHub repo (discussion : issues)

everything (should) shows up in the VAB.

todo:

• update readme
  • update patches
  •  wait for :its not working: reports
  •  move over to B9 primary
  •  update dependencies
  • create new forum thread.

:maneuver: New Forum Thread here.

Moderators - kindly lock this thread per original authors permission @Eleusis La Arwall 

Thank you! ::targetpro:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

21 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

available on CurseForge.

This is still a place! 

Lol.  Peace.

Also... will the ground floor stuff be made to work with the 1.12 ground tethers?

And... do you plan for the 3d printer to be a material kits maker or support OSE/ sandcastle or something else to make the parts for thing,

On 7/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, theJesuit said:

Peace

GitHub PR's are welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.