KW Rocketry Community Fixes, for 1.0.5 and below

linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, pargentum said:

IMO, unwanted interaction with other mods is a valid support request. I agree that it is much harder to debug than a problem reproducible with single mod. 

I will try to do clean and incremental install tests on this weekend.

I'm very puzzled.  Did I not respond?  Did I not ask you to do certain things?  What do you want me to do, climb into your computer and see what's going on?

How can I possibly provide the support that you seem to think I should provide without more information?  You did provide the log, but you did not provide any list of installed mods.   You are running on Ubuntu, did you provide me with ANY information about your system?  For example, memory, cpu, graphics card, whether you have the free or non-free drivers installed.

Let me ask you a question:  What sort of support do you think you get when you try to contact Microsoft (or Apple), one of the biggest companies, for help?  They give suggestions, they ask you for more information, they tell you to try something and then get back to them.  All of which is done on forums like this.  If you're lucky, you might even get a support person in chat.

We (modders) do this on our own time, at our own cost.  We do what we can, when we can. 

I spent more than an hour on this, both on Windows, Linux and OSX, and was unable to reproduce it.  

It's a free mod.  All those other mods you installed are also free.  How do you know that the problem isn't with one of them?  You contact me quickly, but did you contact any of the other mod authors?

If you get the impression that I'm angry, you are correct.  A few days ago, someone demanded support (using the words "I demand support").  Attitudes like these are what turn mod authors off, and why there are so many old, unsupported, incompatible mods.

I will continue to provide what support I can.  Please do those tests, and provide me with whatever information you can.

I am going to be offline all weekend, so if you can't get me the information by this afternoon, I won't be able to respond until Monday.

Please don't get turned off by individual statements. Me and many others appreciate the heavy lifting that people like you do for the sake of keeping popular mods alive. So, here's a big thank you from me and I mean it! All that we can ask is, keep doing what you're doing as long as it's fun for you.

Maybe don't take some statements all that seriously nor personal. It's the internet after all :D

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm very puzzled.  Did I not respond?  Did I not ask you to do certain things?  What do you want me to do, climb into your computer and see what's going on?

I will continue to provide what support I can.  Please do those tests, and provide me with whatever information you can.

I am going to be offline all weekend, so if you can't get me the information by this afternoon, I won't be able to respond until Monday.

Sorry, I did not want to imply you're doing a bad job.  I understand what you asked me to do, and I promised to do it this weekend.  I understand that you could not respond before I provide you with information, so I'm ready to wait till Monday, and maybe longer if you find a problem to be complicated.

2 minutes ago, techstepman said:

ummm I just don't know how to download something from gihub. the link in the description sends me on a page with a list of stuff... I cant see any download links. Can someone explain to me what to do?

Here is the direct link:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux/releases/download/3.0.1/KWRocketryRedux-3.0.1.zip

Read the instructions, they are very important.

Right now the Redux 3.0.1.zip seems to miss some Parts. As for example the part.cfg for the 1mMaverick1D (foldername) compared to the original KWRocketry 2.7 download is not in his folder. Having some problems here with missing parts (and other strange behaviour, maybe stemming from other mods). 

Is this working as intended or a packaging error.

Disclaimer: i do not use CKAN and do not plan to do so. Would like to reserve an updated way to manually install the latest KW Rocketry and the Community Fixes.

Thanks for all the work!

40 minutes ago, smart013 said:

Right now the Redux 3.0.1.zip seems to miss some Parts. As for example the part.cfg for the 1mMaverick1D (foldername) compared to the original KWRocketry 2.7 download is not in his folder. Having some problems here with missing parts (and other strange behaviour, maybe stemming from other mods). 

Is this working as intended or a packaging error.

Disclaimer: i do not use CKAN and do not plan to do so. Would like to reserve an updated way to manually install the latest KW Rocketry and the Community Fixes.

Thanks for all the work!

Look in the zip file.  You should see a file called "Installation Instructions"

There is a reason the OP and spacedock all say:

you MUST read the installation instructions, otherwise the engines will not work

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a reason the OP and spacedock all say:

you MUST read the installation instructions, otherwise the engines will not work

I mentioned the other day that you've not updated the OP yet, it makes no mention of the combined pack. People are still missing the Redux since it only mentions the fixes in the title.

4 minutes ago, Torih said:

I mentioned the other day that you've not updated the OP yet, it makes no mention of the combined pack. People are still missing the Redux since it only mentions the fixes in the title.

Thank you, I just updated the OP

On 4/21/2016 at 4:38 AM, Honeybadga said:

So, I went ahead and brought the pricing of most of the fuel tanks more in line with stock parts. Prepare for higher unlocking costs across the board. I also tweaked some part costs here and there and made them more consistent overall. These numbers are based only on my own rough guesstimations mind you.

Reveal hidden contents

// --- 1.25m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW1mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1300
	@cost = 180
}

@PART[KW1mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1400
}

@PART[KW1mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 2700
}

@PART[KW1mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 3000
}

@PART[KW1mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 5200
}

// --- 1.25m RCS tank price tags changed and moved from fuelSystems to advFuelSystems ---
@PART[KW1mRCSfuel]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1200
	@cost = 250
	@TechRequired = advFuelSystems
}

// --- 2.5m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW2mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 6000
	@cost = 980
}

@PART[KW2mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 6600
}

@PART[KW2mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 9000
}

@PART[KW2mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 15500
}

@PART[KW2mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 26500
}

@PART[KW2mtankL4A]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 26500
}

@PART[KW2Sidetank]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 25000
}

// --- 2.5m RCS tank price tags changed and moved from specializedControl to advFuelSystems ---
@PART[KW2mRCSfuel]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 12000
	@cost = 1400
	@TechRequired = advFuelSystems
}
// --- 3.75m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW3mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 13500
	@cost = 2900
}

@PART[KW3mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 14500
	@cost = 3000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 25000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 37800
}

@PART[KW3mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 58000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL4A]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 58000
}

@PART[KW3Sidetank]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 52000
}

// --- 5m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW5mtankL05]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 34000
	@cost = 6800
}

@PART[KW5mtankL1_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 55000
}

@PART[KW5mtankL3_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 82000
}

// --- KW Globe I SRB price tag changed ---
@PART[KWsrbGlobeI]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 700
}

// --- KW 1.25m stack decoupler adjustments ---
@PART[KW1mDecoupler]:FIRST
{
	@cost = 400
	@mass = 0.05
}

Furthermore, I moved the 1.25m and 2.5m RCS tanks into the Adv. Fuel Systems tech node where the other RCS tanks are and adjusted their pricing accordingly.

Seems to work for me so far with the latest KWRocketryRedux pack on 1.1. I just dumped the .cfg into

...GameData\KWRocketry\KWCommunityFixes

Do with it as you please.

I've been working on a massive spreadsheet to evaluate the costs, and I must say, you've done a very good job.

FYI, You missed one tank:  KW2mtankL1B, set the etnry cost to 7000 to keep in line with the rest of your changes

I also think that most of the costs will need to be adjusted, based on the calculation Volume/cost, and comparing to Squad's numbers

Thanks.  I'll probably have something to test next week.

Anybody else want to comment on the costs of KW parts?

Edited by linuxgurugamer