KW Rocketry Community Fixes, for 1.0.5 and below

linuxgurugamer

Thank you for making the quick update to 1.1! 

I just wanted to report a little duplicate in it, the Hypergolic Propulsion Engine is in there two times. One with the description cutoff and missing 'Alternator' and stack-flow description. I guess it might be a left over from the former release in 1.0.5? 

Another thing I noticed are 'Enable Decoupler in Staging" for the Fairing Bases do nothing.

Edited by Theysen

I downloaded the 1.0.5 patch and tried it, but it told me that 1.0.5 is unsupported when KSP was loading. Then KSP got stuck loading at one of KWR's engines. I cannot (and prefer not) use 1.1 because it's only a pre-release for steam users and I don't use steam.

48 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

I downloaded the 1.0.5 patch and tried it, but it told me that 1.0.5 is unsupported when KSP was loading. Then KSP got stuck loading at one of KWR's engines. I cannot (and prefer not) use 1.1 because it's only a pre-release for steam users and I don't use steam.

Open the KW directory, find and delete the following files:

KWRocketry.version

MiniAVC.dll

it will then work

1 hour ago, Firebird117 said:

I'm having a bit of trouble with the 1.0.5 version.

I've got the KWCommunityFixes in my gamedata, and I deleted the .version file and the .dll for the other mod or w/e. My game still gets stuck loading the Maverick1D. What should I do?

Welcome to the forums :D 

Please find and post your output log.  Instructions on where to find that are in the first link in my signature.  After you find it, upload to something like Google Drive or Dropbox, then share it and post the link.  It's usually pretty easy to identify errors like this just by looking at the logs.

17 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums :D 

Please find and post your output log.  Instructions on where to find that are in the first link in my signature.  After you find it, upload to something like Google Drive or Dropbox, then share it and post the link.  It's usually pretty easy to identify errors like this just by looking at the logs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQOaDqs-pzxZFBjVmVNNTJ1Q28/view?usp=sharing Here you go

based on my absolute 0 knowledge of any of this, it seems something is missing!

Edited by Firebird117
added clarification / anecdotal information

31 minutes ago, Firebird117 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQOaDqs-pzxZFBjVmVNNTJ1Q28/view?usp=sharing Here you go

based on my absolute 0 knowledge of any of this, it seems something is missing!

You have two issues:

1. You are missing ModuleManager.  It is required for the community fixes.  I believe 2.6.20 is the latest version for KSP 1.0.5
  2. Delete GameData/ModuleAnimateEmissive.  This technically won't matter once you fix 1, but it's and old incompatible plugin that should be removed.

29 minutes ago, blowfish said:

You have two issues:

1. You are missing ModuleManager.  It is required for the community fixes.  I believe 2.6.20 is the latest version for KSP 1.0.5
  2. Delete GameData/ModuleAnimateEmissive.  This technically won't matter once you fix 1, but it's and old incompatible plugin that should be removed.

Hey sweet it's workin

thanks for the help mr mod guy

Hey devs I'm having another issue, I'm wondering if maybe you guys can figure out the issue. I've got quite a few other mods installed but I am pretty sure the crash has something to do with KW. The game runs fine whenever I do just about anything but I get a crash in the editor whenever I place a KW fairing. Here is a drive link to my crash folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwQOaDqs-pzxSklEWTlVNG5xam8&usp=sharing

The crash itself says at the top of the dialog box "Fatal error in gc" with text of "Too many heap sections" and the option of OK. After OK it just says the game has crashed. 

14 hours ago, Firebird117 said:

Hey devs I'm having another issue, I'm wondering if maybe you guys can figure out the issue. I've got quite a few other mods installed but I am pretty sure the crash has something to do with KW. The game runs fine whenever I do just about anything but I get a crash in the editor whenever I place a KW fairing. Here is a drive link to my crash folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwQOaDqs-pzxSklEWTlVNG5xam8&usp=sharing

The crash itself says at the top of the dialog box "Fatal error in gc" with text of "Too many heap sections" and the option of OK. After OK it just says the game has crashed. 

Does this happen when only KW is Installed?  If other mods installed, first make sure they ate all updated, then post a list of installed mods

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does this happen when only KW is Installed?  If other mods installed, first make sure they ate all updated, then post a list of installed mods

No it didn't happen but I did get some random crashes when returning to the VAB and when reverting missions to the VAB and launch pad. The only mods I had installed were EVE and Remote Tech

Fairings from KW Rocketry don't work with 1.1 with Community Fixes included.

Whenever I try adding for example the 3.75m  P-Fairing Base Expanded to my craft it'll let me add it but usually when you do that it lets you create the fairing around it, instead it just lets you move it around and then gets stuck to the craft and you can't remove from what I've tested

21 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Whenever I try adding for example the 3.75m  P-Fairing Base Expanded to my craft it'll let me add it but usually when you do that it lets you create the fairing around it, instead it just lets you move it around and then gets stuck to the craft and you can't remove from what I've tested

If you could make the craft file available, along with a list of all mods installed, that would be helpful

On 4/15/2016 at 3:05 PM, Firebird117 said:

No it didn't happen but I did get some random crashes when returning to the VAB and when reverting missions to the VAB and launch pad. The only mods I had installed were EVE and Remote Tech

Then look at EVE and RT.  KW is only parts, no code.  

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you could make the craft file available, along with a list of all mods installed, that would be helpful

Alright this is the craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7mn7k942n3pee2/HECS2.craft?dl=0

It's all stock so you don't need any mods besides KW Rocketry to add any fairing from it which will not work.

The mods I have installed and running: http://pastebin.com/SRcKiC1P

2 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

I've confirmed the issue, and it has nothing to do with your craft, thanks for uploading it.

No idea how long to fix yet.

Got a fix for this.  I'm waiting to hear back from @Claw as to whether it's a bug in KSP or not, so this may change, but if you put the following into a file called

KWPatch-fairings.cfg

in the GameData\KW-Rocketry-Community-Fixes directory, the fairings will work:

@PART[KW2mFairingPF|KW5mFairingPFE|KW3mFairingPFE|KW1mFairingPFE|KW2mFairingPFE|KW3mFairingPF|KW1mFairingPF|KW2mFairingPF]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		@nSides = 64
		nCollidersPerArc = 4
	}
}

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got a fix for this.  I'm waiting to hear back from @Claw as to whether it's a bug in KSP or not, so this may change, but if you put the following into a file called

KWPatch-fairings.cfg

in the GameData\KW-Rocketry-Community-Fixes directory, the fairings will work:

@PART[KW2mFairingPF|KW5mFairingPFE|KW3mFairingPFE|KW1mFairingPFE|KW2mFairingPFE|KW3mFairingPF|KW1mFairingPF|KW2mFairingPF]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		@nSides = 64
		nCollidersPerArc = 4
	}
}

I created a whole new file in the KW Rocketry Community fixes directory called KWPatch-fairings.cfg since I didn't have that file incase I'm suppose to have it, I put that code in it and I will be testing it soon to see if it works.

12 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

I created a whole new file in the KW Rocketry Community fixes directory called KWPatch-fairings.cfg since I didn't have that file incase I'm suppose to have it, I put that code in it and I will be testing it soon to see if it works.

I guess I wasn't clear.  This is a new file, you did exactly right

11 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Does not work, still having the same issue.

Can you please do the following:

1. Start the game
  2. Hit Alt-F11
  3. Click the button "Dump Database to File"
  4. Exit the game
  5. Upload the following  files for me: 
    1. PartDatabase.cfg
    2. KSP_64_Data/output_log.txt
    3. Zip up the directory _MMCfgOutput and upload that for me as well

I just double-checked the file, when it's there, KW fairings work, when it's not, it doesn't.  So I need to see this informatio.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you please do the following:

1. Start the game
  2. Hit Alt-F11
  3. Click the button "Dump Database to File"
  4. Exit the game
  5. Upload the following  files for me: 
    1. PartDatabase.cfg
    2. KSP_64_Data/output_log.txt
    3. Zip up the directory _MMCfgOutput and upload that for me as well

I just double-checked the file, when it's there, KW fairings work, when it's not, it doesn't.  So I need to see this informatio.

Thanks

PartData.cfg - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iavxoe83n1zoi3l/PartDatabase.cfg?dl=0

KSP_64_Data/output_log.txt - https://www.dropbox.com/s/smikz8ih1fsonku/output_log.txt?dl=0

_MMCfgOutput - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro2w1hn7hwaquez/_MMCfgOutput.rar?dl=0

Ok, I'll look at this in the morning.  One thing to check, be sure the filename doesn't have a .txt at the end.  Windows should say it's a cfg file, not a text file.  If you used notepad to make the file, it probably has .txt after the name you gave it and in that case module manager won't read it. You could also just add the code I listed above to any of the .cfg files in that directory.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll look at this in the morning.  One thing to check, be sure the filename doesn't have a .txt at the end.  Windows should say it's a cfg file, not a text file.  If you used notepad to make the file, it probably has .txt after the name you gave it and in that case module manager won't read it. You could also just add the code I listed above to any of the .cfg files in that directory.

I just looked at the files you uploaded, it didn't load the new file.

I'm pretty sure it's  a filename issue, to make it easier, I've put it on Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q585qgiddgoga7d/KWPatch-fairings.cfg?dl=0

Just delete the one you created and put this in it's place.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

For all interested, I just pushed a new release to take care of the fairing bug in the 1.1 1209 build (if nSides was too large, the fairings broke)

Available on GitHub

Would you mind adding the GitHub link to the first post?  I was able to find it easily enough, since I spend too much time on GitHub, but it'd be easier to find if it were up front on this thread.

Also, thanks for mentioning what the bug was - I ran into it, but I didn't know where the problem came from.