KW Rocketry Community Fixes, for 1.0.5 and below

linuxgurugamer

Just now, MOARdV said:

Would you mind adding the GitHub link to the first post?  I was able to find it easily enough, since I spend too much time on GitHub, but it'd be easier to find if it were up front on this thread.

Also, thanks for mentioning what the bug was - I ran into it, but I didn't know where the problem came from.

Will add now

For those interested, with @Kickasskyle's permission, I'm doing a little repackaging of KW, to allow the alternative power curves to be used via CKAN, as well as the extra stuff.  When complete, it will be called (for now) KW Rocketry Redux so that it won't get confused with the original, and will include thesse patches as well, so there will only be a single package to download and install.

I'm looking for some people willing to test a new packaging of KW.  This is for 1.1 only.

The full release is available here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux/releases

This is anticipation of having CKAN do the install and allowing the selection of one of the two different power response configs (instant or graduated).  Please let me know your results

IMPORTANT:  You MUST install one of the two power response directories,
otherwise the engines will not work.

How to install:
Firstly, Insure any older version of KW has been removed. (GameData/KWRocketry) and the KW Rocketry Community Fixes

----MAIN INSTALLATION----
Now, for a normal install simply unpack the GameData folder included in the download 
>> MERGING << the folders when prompted. 

----POWER RESPONSE ----
There are two different power response configs.  One is an instant response,
similar to stock, and the second is a graduated power response, where it takes
the engines a few seconds spool up to full thrust

----GRADUATED POWER RESPONSE ----
For the graduated power response on engines 
you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/GraduatedPowerResponseConfigs 
folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite 
the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response. 

----INSTANT POWER RESPONSE ----
For alteratively instant power response on engines 
you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/InstantPowerResponseConfigs 
folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite 
the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response. 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Didn't have much time on it so far, but seems all good for the stock like power settings (I'll try the other set later). I'll keep using this version and let you know if anything pops up.

51 minutes ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

i basic mod working for 1.1 ?

There is a new release:  KWRocketryRedux.  Waiting for CKAN to update.

Get it here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux/releases/download/3.0.1/KWRocketryRedux-3.0.1.zip

You MUST read the instructions, the install has changed a bit.  This includes the Community Patches

On 4/17/2016 at 8:50 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Will add now

For those interested, with @Kickasskyle's permission, I'm doing a little repackaging of KW, to allow the alternative power curves to be used via CKAN, as well as the extra stuff.  When complete, it will be called (for now) KW Rocketry Redux so that it won't get confused with the original, and will include thesse patches as well, so there will only be a single package to download and install.

Thanks for doing this -- always nice to reduce some of the clutter.  Looks like it's still in-process uploading to CKAN atm but will keep an eye out.

@linuxgurugamer I have a request and it's not a small one. Maybe it's even already on your todo-list.

I'd like to adress a number of discrepancies concerning pricing and, to a degree, stats of the individual parts. For example, I've noticed that a good number of fuel tanks are way out of line when it comes to unlocking them in the tech tree during a career game. You can find some of them in these tech nodes of the stock tech tree: Basic through Advanced Rocketry, Fuel Systems and Adv. Fuel Systems and others.

Thing is, I'm not a module manager wizard but with your permission, I'd submit my suggestions directly via github (once I figure out how that works ;))

If you'd be okay with that, what would be the right course of action? Just dump a .cfg file with the changes somewhere?

Edited by Honeybadga

So, I went ahead and brought the pricing of most of the fuel tanks more in line with stock parts. Prepare for higher unlocking costs across the board. I also tweaked some part costs here and there and made them more consistent overall. These numbers are based only on my own rough guesstimations mind you.

Spoiler

// --- 1.25m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW1mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1300
	@cost = 180
}

@PART[KW1mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1400
}

@PART[KW1mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 2700
}

@PART[KW1mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 3000
}

@PART[KW1mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 5200
}

// --- 1.25m RCS tank price tags changed and moved from fuelSystems to advFuelSystems ---
@PART[KW1mRCSfuel]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1200
	@cost = 250
	@TechRequired = advFuelSystems
}

// --- 2.5m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW2mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 6000
	@cost = 980
}

@PART[KW2mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 6600
}

@PART[KW2mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 9000
}

@PART[KW2mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 15500
}

@PART[KW2mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 26500
}

@PART[KW2mtankL4A]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 26500
}

@PART[KW2Sidetank]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 25000
}

// --- 2.5m RCS tank price tags changed and moved from specializedControl to advFuelSystems ---
@PART[KW2mRCSfuel]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 12000
	@cost = 1400
}
// --- 3.75m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW3mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 13500
	@cost = 2900
}

@PART[KW3mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 14500
	@cost = 3000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 25000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 37800
}

@PART[KW3mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 58000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL4A]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 58000
}

@PART[KW3Sidetank]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 52000
}

// --- 5m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW5mtankL05]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 34000
	@cost = 6800
}

@PART[KW5mtankL1_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 55000
}

@PART[KW5mtankL3_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 82000
}

// --- KW Globe I SRB price tag changed ---
@PART[KWsrbGlobeI]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 700
}

// --- KW 1.25m stack decoupler adjustments ---
@PART[KW1mDecoupler]:FIRST
{
	@cost = 400
	@mass = 0.05
}

Furthermore, I moved the 1.25m and 2.5m RCS tanks into the Adv. Fuel Systems tech node where the other RCS tanks are and adjusted their pricing accordingly.

Seems to work for me so far with the latest KWRocketryRedux pack on 1.1. I just dumped the .cfg into

...GameData\KWRocketry\KWCommunityFixes

Do with it as you please.

2 hours ago, Honeybadga said:

So, I went ahead and brought the pricing of most of the fuel tanks more in line with stock parts. Prepare for higher unlocking costs across the board. I also tweaked some part costs here and there and made them more consistent overall. These numbers are based only on my own rough guesstimations mind you.

Hide contents

// --- 1.25m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW1mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1300
	@cost = 180
}

@PART[KW1mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1400
}

@PART[KW1mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 2700
}

@PART[KW1mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 3000
}

@PART[KW1mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 5200
}

// --- 1.25m RCS tank price tags changed and moved from fuelSystems to advFuelSystems ---
@PART[KW1mRCSfuel]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 1200
	@cost = 250
}

// --- 2.5m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW2mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 6000
	@cost = 980
}

@PART[KW2mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 6600
}

@PART[KW2mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 9000
}

@PART[KW2mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 15500
}

@PART[KW2mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 26500
}

@PART[KW2mtankL4A]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 26500
}

@PART[KW2Sidetank]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 25000
}

// --- 2.5m RCS tank price tags changed and moved from specializedControl to advFuelSystems ---
@PART[KW2mRCSfuel]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 12000
	@cost = 1400
}
// --- 3.75m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW3mtankPancake]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 13500
	@cost = 2900
}

@PART[KW3mtankL0_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 14500
	@cost = 3000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL1]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 25000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL2]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 37800
}

@PART[KW3mtankL4]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 58000
}

@PART[KW3mtankL4A]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 58000
}

@PART[KW3Sidetank]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 52000
}

// --- 5m tanks price tags changed ---
@PART[KW5mtankL05]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 34000
	@cost = 6800
}

@PART[KW5mtankL1_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 55000
}

@PART[KW5mtankL3_5]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 82000
}

// --- KW Globe I SRB price tag changed ---
@PART[KWsrbGlobeI]:FIRST
{
	@entryCost = 700
}

// --- KW 1.25m stack decoupler adjustments ---
@PART[KW1mDecoupler]:FIRST
{
	@cost = 400
	@mass = 0.05
}

Furthermore, I moved the 1.25m and 2.5m RCS tanks into the Adv. Fuel Systems tech node where the other RCS tanks are and adjusted their pricing accordingly.

Seems to work for me so far with the latest KWRocketryRedux pack on 1.1. I just dumped the .cfg into

...GameData\KWRocketry\KWCommunityFixes

Do with it as you please.

Thank you.

This is a bit more of a drastic change than the usual submission, since it's changing values and not just to make it work :-)

I'm going to spend some time going over this, and I'd like some feedback from the other contributors as well.  I'm not sure yet whether to simply integrate this, or to keep it as a separate patch.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

This is a bit more of a drastic change than the usual submission, since it's changing values and not just to make it work :-)

I'm going to spend some time going over this, and I'd like some feedback from the other contributors as well.  I'm not sure yet whether to simply integrate this, or to keep it as a separate patch.

By all means. I'm gonna play with it for now as the current values seem way off. But as I've said, I didn't do any thorough math on all these numbers and my cfg is not much more than a rough suggestion.

I hope I didn't violate any etiquette by submitting this here since I don't know about the history of the other community cfgs that are already part of the package.

Just now, Honeybadga said:

By all means. I'm gonna play with it for now as the current values seem way off. But as I've said, I didn't do any thorough math on all these numbers and my cfg is not much more than a rough suggestion.

I hope I didn't violate any etiquette by submitting this here since I don't know about the history of the other community cfgs that are already part of the package.

Nope, not at all.  Thank you for your contribution.  If you come up with better numbers, please feel free to post.

On something like this, a post in the forum is good, so that people can review it.  On something which is a simple bug fix, a Github pull is sufficient, although if you don't know Github, then a post works as well.

LGG

@linuxgurugamer, I just ran a few preliminary tests with this mod, and I have to say you've done a fine job. Thanks for keeping things in working order. I'd enjoy KSP a whole lot less without KWRocketry.

On 20.04.2016 at 7:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a new release:  KWRocketryRedux.  Waiting for CKAN to update.

Get it here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux/releases/download/3.0.1/KWRocketryRedux-3.0.1.zip

You MUST read the instructions, the install has changed a bit.  This includes the Community Patches

SRB have no exhaust plumes.  Had not tested LF engines yet.  Logs and screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l9ck8h5e0eoxgcv/AABCnVSG_G18BKkDipzrpKRba?dl=0

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ok.  and is it all SRBs, or just specific ones?  

Please check the stock ones as well

Thanks

Stock: Flea, Hammer and Thumper have, Septatron and Kickback not tested.

KWR: Globe V does not, Globe X seems to have (IIRC), other did not tested

USI Sounding rockets: all have.

1 minute ago, pargentum said:

Stock: Flea, Hammer and Thumper have, Septatron and Kickback not tested.

KWR: Globe V does not, Globe X seems to have (IIRC), other did not tested

USI Sounding rockets: all have.

So it seems to be specific to maybe just the Globe V.  Ok, I'll take a look at it this evening when i get home.

Thanks

LGG

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So it seems to be specific to maybe just the Globe V.  Ok, I'll take a look at it this evening when i get home.

Thanks

LGG

I tested ALL the KW  SRBs, they all had plumes.

I see from the logs that you have quite a number of mods installed which modify engines, tanks and SRBs.  You are also running Ubuntu.

Please do a clean install, install KWRedux and ModuleManager ONLY and see if it happens.

Otherwise, you will need to find which mod is causing the problem by installing them one at a time and testing, and then letting me know the result.

While I don't think it's related, you can also delete the file KWPatch-interstage.cfg

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I tested ALL the KW  SRBs, they all had plumes.

I see from the logs that you have quite a number of mods installed which modify engines, tanks and SRBs.  You are also running Ubuntu.

Please do a clean install, install KWRedux and ModuleManager ONLY and see if it happens.

Otherwise, you will need to find which mod is causing the problem by installing them one at a time and testing, and then letting me know the result.

While I don't think it's related, you can also delete the file KWPatch-interstage.cfg

LGG

IMO, unwanted interaction with other mods is a valid support request. I agree that it is much harder to debug than a problem reproducible with single mod. 

I will try to do clean and incremental install tests on this weekend.

Edited by pargentum