Whats your favourite rocket?

Tristonwilson12

Either the N1 or the Saturn V. They were both two of the most powerful rockets ever constructed. Although the N1 wasn't successful, when it exploded on the pad it was apparently the largest non nuclear blast in history, which is an achievement nonetheless...

And it also vaguely looks like an Eve lander I built in KSP:

n1-1.jpg

fDTYV7m.jpg

Ariane 6 - concept rocket that uses traditional design for high performance with low cost; boosters are Vega first stages, uses Vulcain 2 for core stage, and cryogenic upper stage, great rocket!

Vega - it's so cute! little SRB rocket

Soyuz - great design, very unique, reliable

N-1 - unique, cool history

Falcon 9 - low cost, reliable, classic rocket design

Long March 9 - not flown yet, moonshot rocket, cool technology

Jupiter Direct - great concept rockets that honestly make a lot more sense than SLS

Energia - awesome engines, hydrogen core and kerosene boosters, great design

Zenit - basically an Energia booster with upper stage and fairings, low cost, sea launch

Tough choice... I'd say Titan II/Gemini, for the history, the looks and the sound it makes when the turbopump starts...

Also an Ariane lover (they make the APCP for the boosters in my town ! :D ), especially Ariane 4 and Ariane 5.

I have yet to see the SLS flying, but it sounds pretty badS from what we can see !

Man I love the Saturn IB :D Looks like the Saturn V but smaller

It's sooooo cute, standing on it's little stool, pretending to be a grown-up rocket like its big brother!

Edited by razark

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.