[1.0.4] Kerbin on Fire Military Contract Pack [v0.1] [07-27-15]

Volwen

BD Armory has been getting it's AI updated to the new system, so will we see this refreshed soon as well?

Looked at the new BDArmory. Going to have to make changes to get the existing content working right but it opens up a lot more variety. I'll try to keep working at it.

Volwen,

I've downloaded your contract pack for 1.04, it seems like the AI aren't attacked, but I might not be far enough into the missions, one problem though is that I'm not getting anymore missions, I bombed the Island, its like the 3 or 4th mission and now I'm not getting any more missions.. Do I have to complete missions outside of your contracts to continue or should your missions come one after another?

The the vessels in this contract pack will no longer function properly with the newest version of BDArmoury. The newest version has many changes to targeting and AI. I may or may not redo this contract pack to work again. It will take quite some time.

That being said, if you are using the older version of BDArmoury, the vessels will work as intended.

The contracts should all be able to be completed.

As for contracts not appearing, I'm not exactly sure what causes this. Contracts should be automatically available after completion of the previous contract. I know that sometimes you have to fast forward a day or two to have them show up.

Hi,

first things first: great work.

second: Feature Request

How about enable buying the blue-prints of the aircrafts on Kraigslist, so we can customize them as desired (e.g. change action groups, add chaff dispenser). OK, I just copied them from the mod folder but that may be too much for the usual CKAN user and buying them on Kraigslist so much more "in-game".

I also suggest presenting those crafts on kerbalx, which will be a drive-by promotion for this mod to those not knowing it yet.

Hope you don't mind: I upgraded the KL-10 family for BDArmory v0.9.x (tested with v0.9.7) and uploaded it to kerbalx.

It's basically a dronized version with added radar and an optical targetting pod (for AP and AG). The radar (in boar mode) is for assigning targets to the AMRAAMs and also for general surveillance. The targetting pod is for assigning targets to the AGMs. Additionally all models come with 2 chaff dispensers to distract radar guided missiles fired at you.

The KL-10D family

- [KL-10D-AA anti air](http://kerbalx.com/embix/KL-10D-AA)

- [KL-10D-AP general purpose](http://kerbalx.com/embix/KL-10D-AP)

- [KL-10D-AG anti ground](http://kerbalx.com/embix/KL-10D-AG)

I hope patch the KL-26 models for BDArmory v0.9.x soon.

Edited by mbx
missed the version of BDArmory the models were patched for

Just wanted to let you know, if you switch in BDarmory's settings to use "legacy Targeting" on, everything (mostly) will work

Thanks for making this beauty. Those two aerial dogfights were incredible moments that took a lot of effort (and quickloads) to come out on top of (and thanks for the Plane Sale missions! I'm too low in the tech tree to be able to build anything myself)

Might I suggest some form of "defence" missions? After blowing up the submarine with the cruise missiles, I got the feeling that having to place defence turrets and tanks around the KSC would add a lot of interesting situations, and the possibility of space center buildings to be damaged (which, let's be honest, never happens in anyone's real playthrough)

The current method used to spawn enemy aircraft above ground level is not perfect. They have no starting velocity, and there is currently no way to have them spawn with one.

There is probably no way to spawn them with velocity using CC configs, but via plugin you can add velocity to them on load, HyperEdit mod has a working function.

Hey Volwen,

I've started working on a contrack pack of my own to complement yours. Have you managed to get newly spawned craft to have their guard mode activated automatically? If yes, how do you specify this in the mission or the craft file?

Cheers,

Stealth

• 2 weeks later...

Mbx you are a saint.

Kind of just dropped all progress on the contract pack after the BDArmoury changes. Glad to see some fixes and improvements, as that is how this contract pack originated.

Might get back into it, not sure yet. Mostly just been making jets and bombing the KSC in my spare time these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Volwen,

I've started working on a contrack pack of my own to complement yours. Have you managed to get newly spawned craft to have their guard mode activated automatically? If yes, how do you specify this in the mission or the craft file?

Cheers,

Stealth

I've been out for a bit but if you are still interested I'll pull up the specifics and let you know how to do it. It requires editing the .craft file for the specific craft. After that you can spawn as many as you'd like an they will be automatic. Just a lot of individual edits if you use a variety of crafts.

Mostly just been making jets and bombing the KSC in my spare time these days.
That sounds quite familiar.

As for the SAMs, seems like the need a redesign for BDArmory 0.9.x. I haven't get Sidewinders to work as SAMs at all. The AMRAAMs just require a tracking radar, either directly attached or linked to a nearby entity. I suspect the latter to be quite difficult to script for the contracts. Instead of the Sidewinders you could use the PACs which are like the AMRAAMs in that the require a tracking radar.

You could use my SAMs

if you want, but they have a part count that is a multiple of your current SAMs and more than 2 of them would make the battle area too laggy I guess.

Would be cool if this mod would be updated. Especially with additional missions :)

I'll play around with the new stuff and see what it will take to update the contact pack. Not sure if premade data links are possible but that would be a cool, imagine having to take out a radar tower to stop nearby SAMsites from firing at you.

At the very least I'll upload some of the new jets I am proud of.

I think I will also post some sort of tips and tricks guide for how to get automatic guard mode, spawn above ground, etc. in case anyone else wants to try making a contract pack.

Edited by Volwen
because

imagine having to take out a radar tower to stop nearby SAMsites from firing at you.
I used such a setup to test the HARM missiles when they where introduced. Multiple launch sites with a single radar make the radar the primary target, kinda like it is in reality. If we had a wingman AI even wild weasel missions would be possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love this pack and am enjoying it very much however I've encountered a bug that is associated with this mod after the first two missions the rescue Volwen and target practice Volwen will continuously spawn in my crew list that is to say at some times I will have 2-12 of him all of different skills and if I send any of them off on missions it'll basically break the game and even after I release them from my kerbals they will still spawn in my list is there any way to fix this or am I just stuck with it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm enjoying this mod as an sideshow to my main space program :)

However, I noticed the AI was nosediving into the ground a lot due to remote tech. I'm currently disabling remote tech every time a mission comes up, but an in-game workaround would be nice!

Love this pack and am enjoying it very much however I've encountered a bug that is associated with this mod after the first two missions the rescue Volwen and target practice Volwen will continuously spawn in my crew list that is to say at some times I will have 2-12 of him all of different skills and if I send any of them off on missions it'll basically break the game and even after I release them from my kerbals they will still spawn in my list is there any way to fix this or am I just stuck with it?

Missed this one on the first time around - probably a Contract Configurator bug. Raised [#333].

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys, I'm enjoying this mod as an sideshow to my main space program :)

However, I noticed the AI was nosediving into the ground a lot due to remote tech. I'm currently disabling remote tech every time a mission comes up, but an in-game workaround would be nice!

That sounds like an issue that might have to be dealt with in BDArmory - you may want to raise it there.

great mod, if it would actually work. whenever i accept the first contract the only thing that spawns is volwan kerman nothing else only volwan, no weapons no target nothing. i could use some help and a reason for why nothing is spawning.

Hey! You said that you were having trouble with the ships disappearing if they defeat the player because they are unloaded, but I recently found this mod. Hopefully you can work together with him or look at his code or whatever and get your code to just lock the aircraft after the go to spacecenter event has been fired!

• 3 weeks later...
Any new updates in the pipe for this _amazing_ mod? Works with 1.0.5 (64 bit Linux) without any problems other than the Volwen clones in the astronaut complex (this isn't really an issue for me as I have... uses... for the clones). Just wondering if work is still being done on this mod :)

Jhook777

[quote name='jhook777']Any new updates in the pipe for this _amazing_ mod? Works with 1.0.5 (64 bit Linux) without any problems other than the Volwen clones in the astronaut complex (this isn't really an issue for me as I have... uses... for the clones). Just wondering if work is still being done on this mod :)

Jhook777[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I thought I fixed the Volwen clones. You're still seeing that in 1.0.5?

[quote name='nightingale']Wait, what? I thought I fixed the Volwen clones. You're still seeing that in 1.0.5?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, using up to date mods from ckan except I downloaded this mod straight from Kerbalstuff since ckan says it isn't compatible with 1.0.5.

Every time I accept a new KoF mission at least one Volwen shows up in the space center. These little guys tend to disappear randomly if I exit the astronaut complex, enter VAB, then go back to AC. Or, if I blow up all the targets and recover a vessel with a Volwen in it (from flight) it will remove the clones. Next KoF mission spawns more Volwens.

It actually doesn't bother me as I can just go around them when selecting crew and they tend to become my 'test pilots.' But, if this concerns you I'll gladly provide logs, save files, screenshots or whatever you need when I get home (at work, currently). I love this mod, it really got me into designing atmospheric flight crafts (as opposed to rocketeering away). So literally, opened up a whole new game for me!

[quote name='jhook777']Yes sir, using up to date mods from ckan except I downloaded this mod straight from Kerbalstuff since ckan says it isn't compatible with 1.0.5.

Every time I accept a new KoF mission at least one Volwen shows up in the space center. These little guys tend to disappear randomly if I exit the astronaut complex, enter VAB, then go back to AC. Or, if I blow up all the targets and recover a vessel with a Volwen in it (from flight) it will remove the clones. Next KoF mission spawns more Volwens.

It actually doesn't bother me as I can just go around them when selecting crew and they tend to become my 'test pilots.' But, if this concerns you I'll gladly provide logs, save files, screenshots or whatever you need when I get home (at work, currently). I love this mod, it really got me into designing atmospheric flight crafts (as opposed to rocketeering away). So literally, opened up a whole new game for me![/QUOTE]

It does concern me - raised [[URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/362"]#362[/URL]]. [s]I'll get back to you and let you know if I need logs or anything (it'll be at least a few days before I look at this one).[/s]

EDIT: Actually, yeah post up a log here or on the linked issue. Since last time it was due to an exception, logs might be helpful here too.