[1.0.4] Kerbin on Fire Military Contract Pack [v0.1] [07-27-15]

Volwen

[quote name='nightingale']It does concern me - raised [[URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/362"]#362[/URL]]. [s]I'll get back to you and let you know if I need logs or anything (it'll be at least a few days before I look at this one).[/s]

EDIT: Actually, yeah post up a log here or on the linked issue. Since last time it was due to an exception, logs might be helpful here too.[/QUOTE]

Roger that, I'll have it up in about 3 and a half hours.

[quote name='jhook777']Roger that, I'll have it up in about 3 and a half hours.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay, work ran late.
I've uploaded my Player.log to [url]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xl8d81acmxwehzw/AABbvgBG1VvYfUnN-UpjOSLTa?dl=0[/url]
edit: fixed link since it didn't point to the correct folder.
Currently there are 3 Volwens in the AC.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Nov 12 21:06 000_Toolbar
Nov 10 22:50 000_USITools
Nov 10 22:50 AntennaRange
Oct 12 23:22 AoATech
Oct 12 23:40 Apex
Oct 12 23:22 ASET
Nov 16 11:12 AviationLights
Oct 12 23:40 BahaSP
Sep 28 19:38 BDArmory
Nov 6 02:37 CAL
Nov 11 20:24 Chatterer
Nov 21 15:48 CommunityResourcePack
Nov 24 19:40 ContractConfigurator
Nov 24 19:49 ContractPacks
Nov 21 09:36 DistantObject
Sep 26 20:59 EVAManager
Sep 26 21:00 ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
Nov 9 18:51 Firespitter
Nov 10 22:50 InterstellarFuelSwitch
Nov 10 22:50 JSI
Nov 12 21:06 KAS
Sep 26 21:00 KerbalStats
Nov 25 19:58 Kerbaltek
Nov 12 21:06 KIS
Nov 21 09:36 Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal
Nov 18 19:28 Kopernicus
Sep 28 19:46 KopernicusExpansion
Oct 12 23:40 Mk2Essentials
Nov 20 09:34 Mk2Expansion
Nov 10 22:50 ModuleManager.2.6.13.dll
Nov 25 19:58 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
Nov 25 19:58 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
Nov 25 19:58 ModuleManager.Physics
Nov 25 19:58 ModuleManager.TechTree
Oct 12 23:40 ModuleRCSFX
Sep 28 19:46 NearFutureConstruction
Nov 21 15:59 NearFutureElectrical
Sep 28 19:46 NearFutureProps
Sep 28 19:46 NearFuturePropulsion
Sep 28 19:46 NearFutureSolar
Sep 28 19:46 NearFutureSpacecraft
Nov 8 11:25 OPM
Oct 13 00:34 OrbitalSurveyPlus
Nov 6 02:37 PEW
Nov 17 21:08 QuizTechAero
Nov 15 20:33 SCANsat
Nov 11 14:19 Squad
Nov 21 15:53 StarLionIndustries
Nov 24 08:24 StockNoContracts
Sep 28 19:46 TacFuelBalancer
Nov 12 21:06 TarsierSpaceTech
Nov 10 22:50 ToadicusTools
Nov 25 20:01 toolbar-settings.dat
Nov 9 18:51 TweakScale
Nov 16 15:51 UmbraSpaceIndustries
Sep 26 20:58 VesselView
Nov 14 13:31 WarpPlugin
Nov 24 08:30 WaypointManager

^---- contents of my Game Data folder.

Also, the log I uploaded is on a newish save (started over and completed the first few missions to get some data to upload and to ensure save file bloat didn't factor in).
Anything else I can provide, let me know. Also, this mod setup is not perfect: if i connect a craft with an alcor pod and a claw to any other craft (using the claw, docking port, kas pipe thingies, etc) RPM freaks out something fierce. Craft is still flyable but none of the MFDs work unless I quickload (then it goes back to normal). Again, not the biggest of deals since quickloading gets things back to normal.

One more edit: contents of ContractPacks folder:
Anomoly Surveyor
KFiles
KoF
Tourism Edited by jhook777

I did a little play testing (more playing than testing) and couldn't get rid of the clones this time. Went on a bombing run with Jeb and a Volwen engineer, dodged an AIM-9, dropped some GBU's, went sub-orbital on the return trip and called it a day. I recovered the craft from the runway expecting the Volwen clones to be removed but they were still there in the Astronaut complex. This time though, they were the same three; two scientists and an engineer. The engineer had even gained experience. So, now I'm puzzled as it is not consistent behavior. It could be that this is a new save that I've started up and there was something else going on causing them to appear/disappear in the old save...

edit: 2nd log after some game time: [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6e293ehh5obczb/Player_1.log?dl=0[/url] Edited by jhook777

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I really love this pack and it makes me feel like I'm playing Ace Combat or something every time I load it up. A bug I noticed in the latest version is that, if you have targets you haven't visited yet, the log is spammed with "getObtAtUT result is NaN! and then the UT. If you can fix this spam it would be great! It would also be neat if you could add the features from the new BD Armory, but that's not as big of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

So far been stuck with the first mission.  It isn't showing me where to get this Volwen cat from and he is nowhere to be found.

Edit- I think I figured out the problem.

Edited by Hodo

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

First of all let me start by saying I really enjoy this mod! I have a completely separate "Kombat" install just for this and BD Armory and I have a blast with both!

However, I'm a bit concerned about logspam every time I accept one of the KoF missions. As soon as I press accept on any KoF mission I immediately start receiving several Null Ref Exceptions per second.

They all look like this:
[EXC 08:53:16.725] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.requestResource (.Part origin, Int32 resourceID, ResourceFlowMode flowMode, Double demand, Int32 requestID)
    Part.RequestResource (Int32 resourceID, Double demand)
    ModuleGenerator.FixedUpdate ()

If I quicksave and quickload the logspam goes away, but it's obviously still concerning, anyone have any idea whats going on?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

@Volwen

I've been solely been wanting to play military missions for BDArmory and was excited to come across your mod as it resumed the desire of the an earlier BDArmory military contract pack that was outdated and bugged in new versions. Unfortunately, some of the missions I've completely are not allowing subsequent contracts from showing up, it's like the chain became broken and I can't continue on. There's also the issue that when there's so many contracts in the list, some of the military missions do not show up. Is there a way that I can prioritize the military missions while maintain the progressive mission style? @BahamutoD one thing that frequently was an issue was that even though I annihilated my targets and parts flew everywhere it was nearly impossible to complete objectives because I couldn't destroy the BDWeapon Managers. I ended up dropping the crash tolerance of the weapon manager from 60 to below 30 so that I could complete missions after successful strikes, with the majority of parts having a crash tolerance under 10, 30 seemed reasonable. Not really related, but for some reason I can't get the Cruise Missiles to work in the new mode, whereas they work flawless in Legacy Targeting. Is there a new way to use them?

@Volwen I wouldn't mind adding additional missions to KoF for just myself & brothers that are also obsessed with everything BDArmory. What would I need to do to create more missions? Just duplicate kof12.cfg, rename it kof13.cfg, then change the CONTRACT_TYPE name to kof13, then change the requirement REQUIREMENT contractType to kof12? This would generate an identical mission to kof12, but then I could change the rewards, the failures, I could change the craft file to spawn and the location? How do you find location? Do you just land/drive/walk somewhere on the map and open the debug menu to see the lat, lon & alt? Do rovers move on their own because the BD AI Pilot module was activated when you built the crafts in the SPH or VAH?

BDArmory Best KSP Mod!

Edited by dcompart

13 hours ago, dcompart said:

@BahamutoD one thing that frequently was an issue was that even though I annihilated my targets and parts flew everywhere it was nearly impossible to complete objectives because I couldn't destroy the BDWeapon Managers. I ended up dropping the crash tolerance of the weapon manager from 60 to below 30 so that I could complete missions after successful strikes, with the majority of parts having a crash tolerance under 10, 30 seemed reasonable. Not really related, but for some reason I can't get the Cruise Missiles to work in the new mode, whereas they work flawless in Legacy Targeting. Is there a new way to use them?

Fair enough.  I can reduce the weapon manager's crash tolerance.

As for cruise missiles - they're GPS guided, so you need to acquire GPS coordinates first using the targeting pod, then select the target from the GPS coordinator module, then fire.

On 2/9/2016 at 11:35 PM, dcompart said:

@Volwen

I've been solely been wanting to play military missions for BDArmory and was excited to come across your mod as it resumed the desire of the an earlier BDArmory military contract pack that was outdated and bugged in new versions. Unfortunately, some of the missions I've completely are not allowing subsequent contracts from showing up, it's like the chain became broken and I can't continue on. There's also the issue that when there's so many contracts in the list, some of the military missions do not show up. Is there a way that I can prioritize the military missions while maintain the progressive mission style? @BahamutoD one thing that frequently was an issue was that even though I annihilated my targets and parts flew everywhere it was nearly impossible to complete objectives because I couldn't destroy the BDWeapon Managers. I ended up dropping the crash tolerance of the weapon manager from 60 to below 30 so that I could complete missions after successful strikes, with the majority of parts having a crash tolerance under 10, 30 seemed reasonable. Not really related, but for some reason I can't get the Cruise Missiles to work in the new mode, whereas they work flawless in Legacy Targeting. Is there a new way to use them?

@Volwen I wouldn't mind adding additional missions to KoF for just myself & brothers that are also obsessed with everything BDArmory. What would I need to do to create more missions? Just duplicate kof12.cfg, rename it kof13.cfg, then change the CONTRACT_TYPE name to kof13, then change the requirement REQUIREMENT contractType to kof12? This would generate an identical mission to kof12, but then I could change the rewards, the failures, I could change the craft file to spawn and the location? How do you find location? Do you just land/drive/walk somewhere on the map and open the debug menu to see the lat, lon & alt? Do rovers move on their own because the BD AI Pilot module was activated when you built the crafts in the SPH or VAH?

BDArmory Best KSP Mod!

Hey dcompart, you might want to check out the documentation for Contract Configurator. It's really extensive, and it helped me learn to create contracts. I totally share your feelings about needing more BDArmory missions, so I've been working on creating my own set of contracts like Volwen's pack. It's really not that hard, feel free to pm me if you have any questions about making military contracts.

6 hours ago, renoplane said:

Hey dcompart, you might want to check out the documentation for Contract Configurator. It's really extensive, and it helped me learn to create contracts. I totally share your feelings about needing more BDArmory missions, so I've been working on creating my own set of contracts like Volwen's pack. It's really not that hard, feel free to pm me if you have any questions about making military contracts.

Thanks! I've made around 13 missions so far, the problem I'm facing is making sure that the missions aren't overbearing for people's PCs, I have an AMD 295x2, but KSP doesn't seem to be AMD friendly as it is with Nvidia. I've been able to get enemy jets to spawn with their AI modules & engines ignited so that they can automatically take off and shoot me down on spawn so I'm pretty excited! I made the the PirateSwarmMod for Star Citizen, but since they blocked modding I have been itching to work on some other games. Bored Gamer did a review of the mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6X2Eb53Yw

2 hours ago, dcompart said:

AI modules & engines ignited so that they can automatically take off and shoot me down on spawn so I'm pretty excited! I made the the PirateSwarmMod for Star Citizen, but since they blocked modding I have been itching to work on some other games. Bored Gamer did a review of the mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6X2Eb53Yw

Wow, that's a beast of a a card compared to my Radeon R9 270. Have you figured out how to spawn a vessel with a pre-existing radar link? I'm working on a contract where you destroy a radar tower to leave a nearby base defenseless, but the linkedVesselID field does not seem to do anything, even with radars pre-activated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tortoise said:

Any alternatives to this that is updated to 1.0.5 or that we can download?

Well, last I heard @dcompart was doing some contracts of his own. I've been messing around with these types of contracts  too, in fact I might need early testers soon if you are interested.

18 minutes ago, renoplane said:

Well, last I heard @dcompart was doing some contracts of his own. I've been messing around with these types of contracts  too, in fact I might need early testers soon if you are interested.

I am interested :).

Message me with more info.

• 4 months later...

On 7/28/2015 at 11:51 AM, Volwen said:

Kerbin on Fire (KoF) is a military themed contract pack.

21fK5dM.jpg

Cep4KVN.jpg

[Features]

Kerbin on Fire currently consists of 12 missions that occur within a ~120km radius of the KSC. Two of these missions are aerial combat, where you are approaching a target that is already in the air.

There are 2 types of aircraft with 3 and 6 variants for the player to use, if they are unable or unwilling to create their own in the space plane hangar.

The player is assumed to always be Team A. All enemies are Team B and will automatically fire at you if you are within their angle/range.

The current method used to spawn enemy aircraft above ground level is not perfect. They have no starting velocity, and there is currently no way to have them spawn with one.

Unless requested for future versions, the tech tree is unchanged. There is an additional optional mission offered to provide a boost of science and funds for a player.

[Requirements]

BDArmory

Contract Configurator

[Download]

Kerbalstuff

Extract .zip into \Kerbal Space Program\

The full path should be \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks\KoF

[Plans]

Future updates/plans include:

-Polishing

-More contracts

-More in-air contracts

-Space contracts

-More "Kreigslist" vessels

-Reward balancing

-Tech Tree tweaks

I will be changing contracts around to provide a "cleaner" experience. There are currently no failure conditions for missions. For example: if you are destroyed during an aerial combat mission and quit to space center, the enemy vessel is destroyed by the game for being in the atmosphere and you magically complete the contract. I want the player to be able to fail the contract, and start over by accepting the contract again. Be ready to quicksave/quickload if you want an honest experience.

I hope to be able to have a few contracts that are infinitely repeatable. It depends if I can figure out how to get enemies or packs of enemies to randomly choose one of several locations to spawn at.

[License]

Kerbin on Fire is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0.

[Changelog]

07-25-15 Version 0.1 release.

New Link/s to this mod?

• 1 month later...

Is this mod going to be continued?

On 3/20/2016 at 5:08 PM, renoplane said:

Can I be a tester?

• 5 months later...