[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

6 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Please post up an issue ticket and I can likely get it included for the next release.  Little bit of code + some minor texture work.

Done! Might also drop one about some parts having issues with vertical scaling, gotta take a closer look

Want to do a crewed capsule that can bring back science experiment. they are quite expensive after all. Something that could blend well with SSTU stuff. Nerta have quite nice one in his NearFutureLaunchVehicles. But these are at the end of the tree. I could cheat that I guess...

Edit: Soon™ Universal Storage will have some awesome cargo bay. 

Edited by RedParadize

I'm not even sure how to report this bug, but SSTU has caused my apollo csm to develop the bad habit of self destructing whenever I stage any couplers on the capsule or service module, by that trigger the staging, I mean.

I have had to, as a result, reluctantly remove, sstu from my game, and its a shame as I LOVE the two axis sun tracking solar array.

this bug is related to the last version of SSTU, so am unsure if its been fixed in yesterday's release.

Edited by RaiderMan

2 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

I'm not even sure how to report this bug, but SSTU has caused my apollo csm to develop the bad habit of self destructing whenever I stage any couplers on the capsule or service module, by that trigger the staging, I mean.

I have had to, as a result, reluctantly remove, sstu from my game, and its a shame as I LOVE the two axis sun tracking solar array.

Never had that problem but I am sure its solvable. Log is the best way to report bug. Might want to drop a image, sometimes its the way you built it.

2 hours ago, RedParadize said:

Want to do a crewed capsule that can bring back science experiment. they are quite expensive after all. Something that could blend well with SSTU stuff. Nerta have quite nice one in his NearFutureLaunchVehicles. But these are at the end of the tree. I could cheat that I guess...

Edit: Soon™ Universal Storage will have some awesome cargo bay. 

I have patched the SSTU radial science bay to hold every experiment and level up witht he tech tree (well, new versions become available with each new experiment). You can attach it to the pod and clip it in a bit so it;'s not alike a fridge slapped on the side and forms one neat part.

12 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I have patched the SSTU radial science bay to hold every experiment and level up witht he tech tree (well, new versions become available with each new experiment). You can attach it to the pod and clip it in a bit so it;'s not alike a fridge slapped on the side and forms one neat part.

Good Idea! Can I have it?

Edit: does the cost go up as well?

Edited by RedParadize

cost and weight goes up like the original parts

See the link in my signature (JPL Patches). It's a copy of the SSTU Radial Materials Bay but with all the experiments. A new version unlocks with every new stock experiment.

Edited by Jimbodiah

2 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

@Shadowmage do you have plans to include a remote control part that can be scaled up to match the other parts in the pack? for example, the SLS? I find myself in need of such a remote, and there are none in the diameter class of the core stage.

As has been said, there is a ring-shaped (scalable) probe core already.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.