[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

1 hour ago, tater said:

Crewed-Lunar-Lander-concept_high-sun-144

LockMart's new lunar lander concept (pretty sure it's the Mars lander idea minus the aeroshell, and an engine).

Still...

SHINY.

They're all still so damned tall... I guess though that the elevator will eliminate the risk of descending some obscenely long ladder...

Those might be photoshopped in... and can't you just make a part that looks like an astronaut?  :)))

Just now, Starwaster said:

Has anyone actually even tried?

I think in a really old version there was such a mod... Like 1.0.x somewhere.

Hi, i try to figure out what problem SSTU could have with Coatl Aerospace.....

I am using a 1.3.1 install, to test i used:
MM 3.0.4,
SSTU (0.7.39.149), KSPWheel, CRP, 000TexturesUnlimited, PBR SSTU +
Coatl Aerospace(0.16.1), Firespitter, DMagicScienceAnimate.

What happens is, with the coatl aerospace parts pack installed, the SSTU Station Core parts are stopping from working properly. In the VAB, if you place a station core part, the attachment points/nodes are disappearing and you cant attach another part to them. Also you cant attach the station core parts to other stock parts. If you want them to attach to the already placed parts, Onclick the SC-parts are getting the red shimmer, like when you place a not root part in an empty space of the VAB.

(without coatl aerospace folder, but with its dependencies installed, SC-parts working properly)

Someone a idea what i have to do to solve this, what the cause could be? That would be great, Thanks in advance!

Output.log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qL7m_zUHRUABho-wJLhFiHvzWLZAWFl6

2 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Output.log:

Something is causing config level errors, which is preventing TexturesUnlimited from loading, and as that is a dependency of SSTU, it then prevents SSTU's plugin from loading (or at least that is what it looks like from that log).

Could you upload the KSP.log file for me to look at?  (from the same folder as your KSP.exe) -- it is formatted differently and often contains more information.

Here is what I can see from the file you posted, sadly its not telling me -what- caused the error in the configs, only that there there is one.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPShaderLoader.applyToModelDatabase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPShaderLoader.load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPShaderLoader.ModuleManagerPostLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__33.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception)
ModuleManager.Logging.ModLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
ModuleManager.<ProcessPatch>d__33:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

2 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Something is causing config level errors, which is preventing TexturesUnlimited from loading, and as that is a dependency of SSTU, it then prevents SSTU's plugin from loading (or at least that is what it looks like from that log).

Could you upload the KSP.log file for me to look at?  (from the same folder as your KSP.exe) -- it is formatted differently and often contains more information.

Here is what I can see from the file you posted, sadly its not telling me -what- caused the error in the configs, only that there there is one.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPShaderLoader.applyToModelDatabase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPShaderLoader.load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPShaderTools.KSPShaderLoader.ModuleManagerPostLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__33.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception)
ModuleManager.Logging.ModLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
ModuleManager.<ProcessPatch>d__33:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

ksp.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dZ8qyWYkDE-N8HVTxU7P3khjo2MKDhTs

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Hope that helps.

Thanks I'm taking a look at it, will let you know if I find out any more.

With where it is crashing, it would appear that there is a malformatted texture-set config somewhere.  Is the version of Coatl aerospace you are using built for 1.3, or are you uisng a newer version?  (the newer version will not work, as there are config syntax changes between TU for KSP 1.3 and 1.4)

10 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

With where it is crashing, it would appear that there is a malformatted texture-set config somewhere.  Is the version of Coatl aerospace you are using built for 1.3, or are you uisng a newer version?  (the newer version will not work, as there are config syntax changes between TU for KSP 1.3 and 1.4)

Yeah that could be, i think i updated coatl to the new version for the new parts and its done for 1.4. But they work properly in 1.3.1, i did not have any bugs or problems till now. I will test with an 1.3. version of coatl the problem with sstu is still there. But not before this evening (european time  :D)

13 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Its official not your problem anymore....
i tried it in ksp 1.4.5 with the right versions:

SSTU 0.8.43.155 and Dep
Coatl 0.16.1
and there is no problem

Ksp 1.3.1
SSTU 0.7.39.149
coatl 0.16.0

no problem!

Using the right versions helps....Sorry for wasting your valuable developer time

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Wait till he sends you the bill ;) :sticktongue:

Willing to pay that ;) , i did testing and tried to figure as much out as i can... (and in my head parts packs are compatible for every version, have to change that), didnt test the right versions.....

Is there a overview of whats different between 1.3 and 1.4. in the cfg's, so i can try get it working in 1.3.1. They changed RCS and Engine Modules, something else?!

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

Dont use 1.4 mods in 1.3. If you want 1.4 mods, just install 1.4.4

I'm running SSTU 7.39.149, MM 4.0.4 with probesplus 0.16 in a 1.3.1 RSS install and have never had issues. Never switched to 1.4.x yet and maybe never will?

I like 1.3.1, and dont want to change to 1.4 either, it was just because i downloaded the 0.16.1 version of coatl and till then there was no porblem using part packs from other ksp versions, because the modules didnt change. So now i converted the added parts back to 1.3. and everthing is fine.

KSP 1.5 news -- nothing really to report.  Need to get KSPWheel and TexturesUnlimited updated before I can touch SSTU.  Once those are done, should be a simple recompile of the plugin, and repack of the assets.  At this point there are no outstanding 'breaking' changes anywhere, so there really shouldn't be much to worry about for this update (just need the time to do the work).

Well, the (really) good news is that nothing in SSTU appears to have broken at a gross level.  The existing plugin loads fine, and all of the functions that I've tested appear to work (see TU thread for examples).  So there shouldn't be too much of a delay before an official 1.5 version... just need to get TU sorted out and the stock shader compatibility fixed up/figured out.

I'm using the latest version with 1.4.5 and for whatever reason the Thrust curves for SRBs aren't functioning at all when they were working fine in previous versions (however, it's been since 1.3.1 that I last played!)

Has this been deactivated?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.