[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

Yes I am. I deployed them in the vehicle assembly building then when I ran into the problem reset them. PS: Why can you deploy them in the vehicle assembly building?!

You can deploy them in the VAB for the singular purpose of EPL survey stake builds - so that when you build the craft on a different planet it can start with the panels deployed (unlike stock panels, which will leave you with a dead craft until you can connect it up to refuel/recharge it or run a kerbal over to manually open the panels). While this feature is not necessarily needed for the SC-B-SM, it is needed for the module in general (as the module is used in other places as well).

Yes I am. I deployed them in the vehicle assembly building then when I ran into the problem reset them. PS: Why can you deploy them in the vehicle assembly building?!

I am unable to duplicate your non-charging solar-panel problem. The solar panels work fine for me (note the EC charge numbers in the resource panel; negative values indicate that it is receiving charge) regardless of if there is crew present on the ship. In the SS below, there is no crew, and only an MJ module for pilot/controllability.

In orbit:

8ceeRwQ.png

(Had on on-the-pad SS for here too, but apparently I took the SS too late and the EC had already charged back to full...)

Have you checked your logs to see if anything is throwing exceptions, or if any errors have been logged?

At this point I would wager that either there is something that has thrown an exception and is causing problems (after the first exception is thrown, anything after that point in time is likely to not work reliably, regardless of where/what threw the exception), or that there is some other mod incompatibility at play.

Could you provide a log file where this issue has occured? (Please use paste-bin, dropbox, etc for posting logs)

I'd be happy to help on anything you guys need :D Especially if it involves testing IVA's. Got low amount of College work for now. Here's proof.

http://i.imgur.com/SiJeVKW.png

And here's my log from my session. Have fun flipping through it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35083538/KSP.log

There are a TON of errors in that log NOT caused by SSTU.

Fix those (or remove those mods), and then re-test. If you see even a single exception in your log it can mess up completely unrelated things.

Example :

[ERR 18:31:19.134] [PlanetShine] An exception occured reading CelestialBodyColor node:

CelestialBodyColor

{

name = Tal

color = 108,97,82

}

The exception was:

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: s

at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetShine.ConfigManager.LoadBody (.ConfigNode bodySettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Until you have those errors cleaned up, I cannot offer assistance, as I cannot fix other peoples mods nor fix problems caused by others mods.

Alright I'll see if I can cross reference the culprit. Or you guys can flip through the log file which will take Forever. Anyways good news the landers solar panels work fine.

EDIT: NVM, looks like you did. So the IVA's are coming along well?

Edited by davidy12

Alright I'll see if I can cross reference the culprit. Or you guys can flip through the log file which will take Forever. Anyways good news the landers solar panels work fine.

EDIT: NVM, looks like you did. So the IVA's are coming along well?

I would suggest that you try SSTU on a clean install (only SSTU and stock) and see if you can duplicate the problem. If the problem does not manifest on a clean install, begin adding mods back in one at a time (or in small groups), checking for the function after every mod/batch of mods. When the problem manifests again, you know that one of the mods you just added was the culprit. Sadly, I do not have time to investigate random mod conflicts with such a large mod list; however if you can narrow it down to a single mod or very small list of mods that are causing problems that would give me a good starting place to begin looking into things.

So far no progress has been made on the IVAs. I've spent this week finishing up textures (and prep geometry work on an as-yet-unannounced part) - Fuel tanks are done, ascent and descent engines done, monoprop and rtg fuel modules done. Still have a few more to do (decouplers, pod externals, landing legs, deployable solar panel module). Will likely issue an updated release over the weekend with the updated textures and any bug-fixing/issue cleanup that I can squeeze in tonight/tomorrow morning.

Next week will be more texture cleanup for the remaining unfinished pieces. I might get a start on the IVA internal geometry, but no guarantees. As V. stated, being an purely aesthetic bit, they do not rate the highest on my priority list (and they are a major PITA to model and texture...).

Great mod, keep up the good work. Just 2 things I noticed in the short time I've played around with the parts, the VTOL engines for the landing module for the SSTU - Ship Core: Series C. The engines cannot be toggled using action keys. Also the landing legs for the Series C slide very easily on the ground, almost like its on ice or something.

Great mod, keep up the good work. Just 2 things I noticed in the short time I've played around with the parts, the VTOL engines for the landing module for the SSTU - Ship Core: Series C. The engines cannot be toggled using action keys. Also the landing legs for the Series C slide very easily on the ground, almost like its on ice or something.

Oh! That's something else I forgot to mention, Shadow. The landing legs on the Series C ship parts act like landing gear on a plane!

Tested this mod and found that it would be GREAT if you add nodes under engines...

Right click on the engine and click the 'add node' button.

I could not have them on their full time last I checked because it aggrivated the stock node bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/issues

Updated test release is available:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases/tag/0.2.9-beta

Please see the link for the full change log.

Mostly texture updates, but did fix up one known bug regarding the LC3-FL landing leg module (it was causing some... weird issues).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, please report issues to the GitHub page to relieve ShadowMage's poor stressed mind. :P

This is a perfect example of why;

I had noticed the sliding landing gear problem before while I was testing out other things, but as I was testing out -other- things I forgot to take note of it (e.g. open up the ticket), and as such it was completely forgotten about =\

So, yes, please - open up issue tickets, it is the only way to make sure that I will see it and look into it.

I have (hopefully) fixed the sliding landing legs problem (will be available with the next release if it works).

On the engines - if you are referring to its lack of ability to be deployed/retracted via an action group; I will look into that as well, shouldn't be too hard to add to the plugin.

Edit:

Also...

YwwZ9qX.png

TSZCB3P.png

(BPC particle effects!)

Edited by Shadowmage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.