[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

I'd like to issue some kind of apology (to those who care, mostly Shadow), as my contributions may be a little late. I've been pretty busy.

And a personal note to Shadow; I won't be able to get on later as I promised; My girlfriend was emitted to the ER this morning and I need to be there with her.

More apologies for being useless.

Cheers,

-Alli

Aww, that's too bad.

I'd like to issue some kind of apology (to those who care, mostly Shadow), as my contributions may be a little late. I've been pretty busy.

And a personal note to Shadow; I won't be able to get on later as I promised; My girlfriend was emitted to the ER this morning and I need to be there with her.

More apologies for being useless.

Cheers,

-Alli

Ouch; hope it all works out well and she gets feeling better. Wish you both the best.

I had intended on waiting for your updates (for the names/descriptions/etc) for the initial public test release, but I will proceed with what I have currently in place (can always update that cosmetic stuff later).

On that note, I will hopefully be publishing the first public test release later this evening. Have a few plugin changes to do testing on, then just packaging things up. From there I intend to spend likely the rest of Sept. on cleaning up textures and finishing up all the WIP stuff.

Well, good luck with that. Especially to those of you who have been waiting for the public release! Now you can finally get your hands on the power me and my friends have had for weeks! :P

On a serious note, though, I don't know if Shadow agrees with me, but post lots of pictures of your crafts you make! I like seeing what everyone makes, even though I didn't have anything to do with modeling or 95% of the coding, it's still nice to see the parts used. xD

Public beta-test releases are now available.

https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases

Any future dev-test / pre-release packages will be available from that link. I will not be uploading anything to KerbalStuff/Curse/Etc until the non-beta public release phase; dev test releases will always be found only through the github link.

Please use the bug tracker for submitting reports regarding bugs, etc (other means of reporting will likely be forgotten before they get fixed; the bug-tracker ensures the info does not get lost). It may be found at:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/issues

Please check the existing issues list before opening up a new ticket; if your problem already exists on the list, please add a comment with any new/relevant information that you may have regarding the problem.

OP has been updated with links and notes regarding future updates/current plans.

Thanks and enjoy :)

Shadowmage

But it adds a sense of emersion and I love watching the fire off the LES. Also the solar panels on the SM don't charge the Orion. At least fix that.

Like they don't charge the capsule? That's... an issue. I'll take a look at it and go over it with Shadowmage.

Any other issues you've noticed?

Thanks in advance for you feedback; Cheers.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

But it adds a sense of emersion and I love watching the fire off the LES. Also the solar panels on the SM don't charge the Orion. At least fix that.

As VenomousRequiem had stated, I've taken a time investment vs reward/usability stance on the BPC particle effects; could take hours to figure out/get working, for a part that is used for a whole two minutes during ascent with the effects for only ~2 seconds of that. Having said that, I had already opened up a 'known issues' ticket regarding it a few days ago; so it is on the to-do list and will get done eventually, but do not expect it anytime soon.

As to the solar panels not charging -- I cannot say as I had seen that problem last I checked. Is it that it is not adding EC to the vessel at all, or that it does not transmit power to the CM? (Have fuel crossflow disabled on the CM, but I don't think it should effect EC). Will look into this when I have time (hopefully this evening after work). Any more information you can offer would be appreciated.

BTW -- Github issue tickets will get a faster and more reliable response for bug reports. I do not check the forums often, and its notification features are... hit and miss. However, GitHub reliably notifies me whenever a new issue is opened or updated, and I generally respond to/investigate those as soon as I see them.

In the future, please check the known issues list (such as for the BPC particle effects) before submitting issue reports; and please submit any bug reports through the GitHub issues system -- I cannot guarantee that I will ever see (or remember) issues that are posted here in the thread.

Regards,

Shadowmage

Okay, at least fix that! Sorry if I sound a little aggressive, but I and a lot of other people use MJ on almost all operations. I suck at Rendezvous and landing.

I use MJ extensively as well, and have never had any issue with these parts (at least no issues that I could not duplicate with stock parts). Is there something specific that is not working related to MJ? (have already said I will look into the power thing)

No I meant with just MJ. That adds unmanned ap. Maybe that's the problem.

I was using the SM/CM stack as a contract-rescue vehicle in my latest career game, sending up unmanned with only MJ as the probe-core. I don't remember seeing any problems with it. Was a couple weeks ago, but I don't remember making any changes to the solar panel code since then. The only issues I ran into were when I forgot to deploy the panels and ran the craft out of EC during time-warp...

Silly question -- are you deploying the panels?

Anyhow, as I've already said, I will look into the problem when I can.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.