[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

8 hours ago, DylChill616 said:

When I use the mod most of the new textures are black. I tried going back and downloading it again and nothing happened. I also used DX11 mode and still nothing. Help?

Can you post a pic of your GameData directory? Usually this issue would be an improper installation.

Sorry, was cooking dinner for 12 people.

Certainly seems like you have the right stuff, other than the extra copy of MM. My first thought might be to dump all the ModuleManager stuff, EXCEPT the ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll (in case anf of the files the 2 have caused together are confused (it should just create new ones).

Looks totally clean, unless MFI does something untoward I am unaware of.

2 hours ago, tater said:

Sorry, was cooking dinner for 12 people.

Certainly seems like you have the right stuff, other than the extra copy of MM. My first thought might be to dump all the ModuleManager stuff, EXCEPT the ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll (in case anf of the files the 2 have caused together are confused (it should just create new ones).

Looks totally clean, unless MFI does something untoward I am unaware of.

Textures are still black. I have no clue what is going wrong :(

19 hours ago, DylChill616 said:

208fs6s.jpg

As far as I know Kopernicus has problems with DirectX11. I use Kopernicus too and everytime I start the game with DX11 or GLCore the groundtextures are black and  other weird texture issues (at planets and parts).

Can you try it without Kopernicus/OPM/ModularFlightIntegrator? Only for testing?

5 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

1981 was when the Saturn MLV would have reached Mars, if Nixon hadn't chose the shuttle instead.

I figured that's what you meant; I was just being a bit sarcastic as I'm skeptical of us getting there anytime soon. 

At least as far as NASA goes though I do have hopes that Elon might get it done..... in my lifetime....

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

I figured that's what you meant; I was just being a bit sarcastic as I'm skeptical of us getting there anytime soon. 

At least as far as NASA goes though I do have hopes that Elon might get it done..... in my lifetime....

Elon probably will just not with the BFR, 1 reason.

No vaccum optimized engines.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:32 AM, Cheesecake said:

As far as I know Kopernicus has problems with DirectX11. I use Kopernicus too and everytime I start the game with DX11 or GLCore the groundtextures are black and  other weird texture issues (at planets and parts).

Can you try it without Kopernicus/OPM/ModularFlightIntegrator? Only for testing?

Still doesn’t work. I could post a pic if you would like.

ObSSTU:

What do you think of the current spherical tank options for the MFT-A? I find the way they scale very counter-intuitive right now. the smallest is zero spheres, then the next has 1 sphere, but cut into 2 halves.

2 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

But then you loose every single bit of reusability.

Not seeing any reason whatsoever why that would be true. You're going to have to explain yourself more thoroughly than that. As has been said by @tater, it can have both engine types and use whichever one it needs when it needs it.

And even IF it had only vacuum optimized engines it would still be perfectly reusable... assuming it were only functioning in space and landing on the Moon and refueled by tankers. That still counts as reusable. Not that Elon has ever talked about using it that way.

Edited by Starwaster

22 hours ago, tater said:

The original designs had both engine types. As log as they don't fire the vacuum engines landing on Earth, they're fine.

True, but it comes down to one thing...

You would have to fit a vaccum engine and several sea level engines in a 9m diameter rocket, good luck not having the vaccum overheating when those sea level engines are firing.

22 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Not seeing any reason whatsoever why that would be true. You're going to have to explain yourself more thoroughly than that.

See above.

1 hour ago, eagle92lightning said:

You would have to fit a vaccum engine and several sea level engines in a 9m diameter rocket, good luck not having the vaccum overheating when those sea level engines are firing..

Luck has nothing to do with it, it's a question of engineering. Not luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.