[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

18 minutes ago, Alex38 said:

Oh.. yes that could explain why.. !  However the RCS is working fine and the soyuz contains aerozyne so why that's only this engine that isn't working...  they are all working fine except for the soyuz spacecraft :/ 

Probably because there's a global patch which changes the RCS but the main engine still expects Monopropellant.

35 minutes ago, Alex38 said:

Thanks I'm gonna try to learn it when I got the time :) If you have any links in mind, I would appreciate the help :) 

So I researched into my gamedata, and I have nothing but simple module manager patches (physics and techtree). But in the SSTU folder, I've found three different patches and one of them is "Fuelcrossfeed.cfg" (there is also an "techtree.cfg" and a "CollisonHandlerPatch" but I don't think that they are responsible) what do you think ? 

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

Those pretty much contain all the info you will need to learn, I would suggest opening up one of the stock part cfgs along side that first link and just figuring out what everything in the file does, it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

I would stay away from the SSTU cfgs for awhile until you get a handle on the stock way of doing things. As the SSTU parts are a bit more advanced and complicated lol.

You can open .cfg files with any standard text editor like notepad, however I highly recommend Notepad++ and I'm pretty sure any one else on the forum will as well lol, it is free and is an excellent tool.

Edited by Akira_R

At the risk of this being a duplicate request, would it be possible to develop add on Hypergolic RCS blocks? Or perhaps convert the SSTU add on units to Aerozine50/NTO? This would simplify construction of vehicles that have the SSTU command pods with their Hypergolic RCS systems attached to standard SSTU tankage and engines, but having to use monoprop RCS and either tr and squeeze a small amount of mono into the main tank configuration, or attach an external cannister.

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

Probably because there's a global patch which changes the RCS but the main engine still expects Monopropellant.

So the only way I change that is to learn the "language" of module manager as @Akira_R told me .. :) Thanks for your help anyway 

11 hours ago, Akira_R said:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

Those pretty much contain all the info you will need to learn, I would suggest opening up one of the stock part cfgs along side that first link and just figuring out what everything in the file does, it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

I would stay away from the SSTU cfgs for awhile until you get a handle on the stock way of doing things. As the SSTU parts are a bit more advanced and complicated lol.

You can open .cfg files with any standard text editor like notepad, however I highly recommend Notepad++ and I'm pretty sure any one else on the forum will as well lol, it is free and is an excellent tool.

Thank you I'm gonna check this, I already began to mess around cfg files few month ago when I tried to create a personnal engine in stock using blender and unity but finally it doesn't worked the engine was semi-transparent in the game because of the polygone count I supposed.. I never had the time to try finish it :) 

News : I'm the noobiest player ever, in the log of module manager when I start the game, in the MM Final, it says " 2 errors related to Gamedata/RealFuels-Stockalike/Fuelconversion.cfg"

So that could be my problem right here.. do you think that's it ? 

Edited by Alex38
Correction

10 hours ago, Alex38 said:

So the only way I change that is to learn the "language" of module manager as @Akira_R told me .. :) Thanks for your help anyway 

Thank you I'm gonna check this, I already began to mess around cfg files few month ago when I tried to create a personnal engine in stock using blender and unity but finally it doesn't worked the engine was semi-transparent in the game because of the polygone count I supposed.. I never had the time to try finish it :) 

News : I'm the noobiest player ever, in the log of module manager when I start the game, in the MM Final, it says " 2 errors related to Gamedata/RealFuels-Stockalike/Fuelconversion.cfg"

So that could be my problem right here.. do you think that's it ? 

Now that I've got a place to start investigating (the RF-stock-alike patch), I'll take a look at that patch.  Those errors might not be related to what is going on with the SSTU parts, but is the only bit of info that has been posted so far.

7 hours ago, AlimOncul said:

Can we toggle engines separately?

Nope, sorry.  Stock code does not support procedurally adding buttons to the right-click menu at run-time, which is what would be required to implement it with the stock GUI (you would need one on/off toggle per engine in the cluster, and they would need to be added/removed as the number of engines changed).

It has been in the long-term plans to work up a custom GUI for engine management, but there is no telling if or when it will be done.

1 hour ago, Shadowmage said:

Now that I've got a place to start investigating (the RF-stock-alike patch), I'll take a look at that patch.  Those errors might not be related to what is going on with the SSTU parts, but is the only bit of info that has been posted so far. 

Thanks so much !! I can't find out by myself as a noob, but I tried .. 

Thank you again for your help and your time that's super cool ! And if you don't find the problem that's cool I can deal with it that's not that important but I'll be really happy if you find the issue of course :) 

Edited by Alex38

Quick question since searching these forums is damn substandard: Are there any MM scripts for this mod that change all the engines to LFO and the RCS to monoprop? Thanks.

Edited by regex

9 hours ago, regex said:

Quick question since searching these forums is damn substandard: Are there any MM scripts for this mod that change all the engines to LFO and the RCS to monoprop? Thanks.

No, but some people are adding more fuel types like UDMH and IRFNA (for some of the older engines

Are you asking because you want to use the engines with other parts? 

30 minutes ago, Flashgasm said:

Hey,

In the VAB i cannot extend/retract the built in Landing Gear of the Shuttle. Now someone had this Problem earlier in this Thread and said a "wheel config" file fixed it for him. Anyone knows where to find this ??

Do you meen this mod which is in @Shadowmage's Signature a few posts above?

10 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

No, but some people are adding more fuel types like UDMH and IRFNA (for some of the older engines

Are you asking because you want to use the engines with other parts? 

Do you meen this mod which is in @Shadowmage's Signature a few posts above?

Ah Thanks alot! Gear working with KSPWheel now. :))

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Oh cool, can you show me where those are? Thanks.

E: You know what, nevermind, those are pretty easy scripts to write. I was just banking on not having to write them.

E2: Well that was simple. Kudos to @Shadowmage for making part names sane.

Edited by regex

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious here...but I had been playing with Yemo's Unmanned Before Manned tech tree, and all the SSTU parts were showing up fine.  When Nertea updated CTT to 1.2.2 I switched, and all the SSTU parts disappeared.  I had some other issues with the install, so I ended up wiping it and starting with a fresh install.  Now the SSTU parts are not showing up with stock tech tree or in CTT.  I can post my output log when I go home for lunch, but I wanted to toss this out there on the off chance someone has had this happen recently and there's an obvious fix I'm missing.  

Output log- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6AubkMOT5rrbEZ5SlBLaDIzLUk

Edited by jdub3350

17 hours ago, jdub3350 said:

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious here...but I had been playing with Yemo's Unmanned Before Manned tech tree, and all the SSTU parts were showing up fine.  When Nertea updated CTT to 1.2.2 I switched, and all the SSTU parts disappeared.  I had some other issues with the install, so I ended up wiping it and starting with a fresh install.  Now the SSTU parts are not showing up with stock tech tree or in CTT.  I can post my output log when I go home for lunch, but I wanted to toss this out there on the off chance someone has had this happen recently and there's an obvious fix I'm missing.  

Output log- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6AubkMOT5rrbEZ5SlBLaDIzLUk

Something in your install is very borked, as your log points to SSTU missing many of its files, specifically:

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'SSTU/Assets/EmptyProxyModel' as model does not exist

That is an -extremely- important model as without it -NONE- of the SSTU modular parts will load.

Also something has screwed up the shader loading (or unity version?):

Load(Model): SSTU/Assets/ST-CFG-A

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

GpuProgram creation error: shader program type is unrecognised. You might have a precompiled shader asset from an old Unity version.

Honestly, I have no idea what could be causing those kinds of problems.  Something is very messed up with your install is about the best I can come up with...

4 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Something in your install is very borked, as your log points to SSTU missing many of its files, specifically:

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'SSTU/Assets/EmptyProxyModel' as model does not exist

That is an -extremely- important model as without it -NONE- of the SSTU modular parts will load.

Also something has screwed up the shader loading (or unity version?):

Load(Model): SSTU/Assets/ST-CFG-A

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

GpuProgram creation error: shader program type is unrecognised. You might have a precompiled shader asset from an old Unity version.

Honestly, I have no idea what could be causing those kinds of problems.  Something is very messed up with your install is about the best I can come up with...

Well, that's a starting point at least.  Odd because that log is from one start of the game after running the installer and installing mods this morning.  But I'll poke around and see if I can figure out what happened.  Thanks for looking at it.  

@Shadowmage so I went back and checked the v 0.5.34.131 zip I had downloaded from gitHub and there was no SSTU/assets/emptyproxymodel file.  I redownloaded the zip from gitHub and it was there.  Works now, absolutely no explanation as to what happened.   Thanks for narrowing it down for me. 

Edited by jdub3350

22 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Apparently some people don't like the realistic fuels that come with this mod. They say it should only be included if people have RealFuels installed. Otherwise everything should default to using the standard LiquidFuel and Oxidizer.

They can write a patch and change it then.

Hi Shadowmage, awesome mod you've created here!

I've been tinkering a bit with it to add some part I feel are missing, like some bigger hubs, but there is one part I just cant get figured out.
How do I change the default textures of the assets?

I've tried the following MM code, but this doesnt work:

MODEL
{
	model = SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT-3-2-FLAT
	position = 0, 0, -0.9375
	rotation = 270, 0, 0
	texture = SC-ADPT1-BEIGE-DIFF, SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT1-SLVR-DIFF
	texture = SC-ADPT1-DOS-NRM, SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT1-COS-NRM
	scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}

It loads the model just fine, but the texture is just the default black SLS one.
The part itself is just a modification of the included DOS hub without the top port, and scaled to a bigger size.

Works fine, just would love to change the texture to silver :)

14 hours ago, NemesisWolfe said:

Hi Shadowmage, awesome mod you've created here!

I've been tinkering a bit with it to add some part I feel are missing, like some bigger hubs, but there is one part I just cant get figured out.
How do I change the default textures of the assets?

I've tried the following MM code, but this doesnt work:

MODEL
{
	position = 0, 0, -0.9375
	rotation = 270, 0, 0
	texture = SC-ADPT1-BEIGE-DIFF, SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT1-SLVR-DIFF
	texture = SC-ADPT1-DOS-NRM, SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT1-COS-NRM
	scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}

It loads the model just fine, but the texture is just the default black SLS one.
The part itself is just a modification of the included DOS hub without the top port, and scaled to a bigger size.

Works fine, just would love to change the texture to silver :)

Are you creating new parts using MODEL node in their setup or attempting something else?

I have no idea how to use the MODEL node to change textures; it has never worked for me (nor the parenting function).  Supposedly you need to know the name of the original texture assigned to the model (look in the model with a hex-editor), and the URI of the new texture.  What you have posted -looks- correct; but again, I've never gotten it to work even when it did look correct.

TL:DR;  you are asking the wrong person about MODEL node stuff... that is all stock code...

Problem solved!

Turns out that I didnt quite understand how the texture bit of the MODEL node works.
The code itself was correct, except the part where the original texture is specified

No need for a dummy texture, just needed to specify the original texture of the part.
So for the SC-ADPT-3-2-FLAT it is not the SC-ADPT1-BEIGE-DIFF and SC-ADPT1-DOS-NRM, but the SC-ADPT1-SLS-DIFF and SC-ADPT1-SLS-NRM respectively:

MODEL
{
	position = 0, 0, -0.9375
	rotation = 270, 0, 0
	texture = SC-ADPT1-SLS-DIFF, SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT1-SLVR-DIFF
	texture = SC-ADPT1-SLS-NRM, SSTU/Assets/SC-ADPT1-COS-NRM
	scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :)

Hello, again, to all SSTU fans and of course a big round of gratuitous applause to the Legendary @Shadowmage and his creation. All I have to say is this: WOW to the power of 10! This has turned into a very awesome mod and a must have among the KSP community. I know I have been absent (DayZ Life is not just a hobby, it's very dang distracting), but I have been throwing KSP a whirl here recently and the first mod I had to have was SSTU. For someone who claims he cannot do the things he does, you do a fantastic/awesome/incredible/WOW job in keeping your mod up to date, increased functionality and not to mention the innovations in mods that EVERYONE should be using. Not to mention to actually FIX the wheel issue that was deemed "improbable" to fix, Brav-freakin'-O! Of course, big kudos going to to everyone who contribute to this mod. Keep up the most awesome work!

Updated release is available:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases/tag/0.5.34.132

Fixes the outdated CRP and includes a few other minor updates and fixes; see the link for full change-log and downloads. Also adds a 'plugin-only' download to the github repository.

Feel free to update KSPWheel to the latest to get some new features on the SC-E wheels.  Apparently I have not started bundling it with SSTU, but will do so for future releases (once the wheels are nearly finished).

Edited by Shadowmage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.