[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

6 hours ago, falken said:

Has this been deactivated?

AFAIK it is still present and should work.  There were a ton of plugin changes for the 1.4.x releases, and that function may well have been broken during the update.

I'll open an issue ticket on it, and will investigate for the next release.  https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/issues/745

39 minutes ago, falken said:

I'll do a bit of testing to see if I've messed it up somehow. 

Thanks -- please let me know if it is working in some fashion, and/or what appears to be broken.  Otherwise I'll assume it is 'broken entirely' when I begin investigating.

26 minutes ago, warranty45 said:

Anyone else had issues with the Launch Abort System? when I jettison the shroud the jettison motors never activate.

Using RO by any chance?

(if you click the 'Jettison' button, or activate it through action-group, it should auto-activate the jettison motors after a short delay)

30 minutes ago, Scorpiodude said:

I am having a problem with the lander bodies, they are black instead of grey. When I open the game textures unlimited says that some textures might be unavailable. So I did what it said and put the command in steam but this did not fix it. Anyone know what is happening?

Pics

https://imgur.com/a/sp0JFjl

Are those the only parts you are having issues with, or does the problem effect other metallic parts as well?

Also, a log file would help -- preferably the KSP.log that should be in the same folder as the executable.  Upload it to a file-sharing site (dropbox, onedrive, google-whatever-its-called), and post the link here.

Likely cause is that the reflection system is failing for one reason or another, and as metallic parts rely on the reflection for most of their visual look, without the reflections they appear 'black'..

I'm not sure if this is a 1.5 bug or just a general thing. However I have noticed the 3 lander command pods when paired with the lander tank have more Delta-V without additional fuel attached to the command module itself. Is this as intended?

https://imgur.com/gallery/emynY6t

I am aware it reduces parts when setting up Apollo styled ascent/decent stages of a module. But I would imagine the fuel in the tank should outweigh the mass of the tank itself in regards to delta-v?

On 10/17/2018 at 7:16 PM, Shadowmage said:

Thanks -- please let me know if it is working in some fashion, and/or what appears to be broken.  Otherwise I'll assume it is 'broken entirely' when I begin investigating.

As I had copied in a thrust curve I've been using previously to the file I decided to delete the thrustcurves file, and reintroduce the original and try the existing flat percentage curves that come packaged. Unfortunately none of these have an impact on the boosters.

14 minutes ago, falken said:

As I had copied in a thrust curve I've been using previously to the file I decided to delete the thrustcurves file, and reintroduce the original and try the existing flat percentage curves that come packaged. Unfortunately none of these have an impact on the boosters.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Will definitely take a look over these for the next update... which will hopefully be this weekend (just need to get TU all sorted out).

7 hours ago, Avo4Dayz said:

Delta-V without additional fuel attached to the command module itself

Check your fuel lines and fuel-crossfeed.  The pod is set by default to not cross-feed to lower stages.  Try running a fuel line from the pod to the lower stage and see if that clears up the issue.  Also -- check your fuel types;  the fuel type in the pod needs to match what is used by your engine.

1 hour ago, warranty45 said:

I don't know if I'm just missing something or what... How do I inflate the module? I know you are supposed to have rocket parts? I don't see that as an option for me when looking at the container.

sYU1AlO.jpg

Tried the SSTU custom tank and bring "rocket parts" in that?

13 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Check your fuel lines and fuel-crossfeed.  The pod is set by default to not cross-feed to lower stages.  Try running a fuel line from the pod to the lower stage and see if that clears up the issue.  Also -- check your fuel types;  the fuel type in the pod needs to match what is used by your engine.

Added in a fuel line from pod to tank and adds up now thanks

10 hours ago, warranty45 said:

How do I inflate the module? I know you are supposed to have rocket parts?

Ship the rocket parts up in a separate container.  These modules are meant to be inflated after they have been delivered to their final destination.

Once your deflated module is in orbit, dock a craft to it containing rocket parts (the qty needed will be specified in the right-click menu of the deflated module).  Once the supplies have been docked to the station, right click on the deflated module, and press the 'Inflate' button.  RocketParts will be consumed, up to the needed quantity, and if the need was fully satisfied, the module should inflate.

You can also do partial deliveries -- if there is not enough rocket-parts when you press the 'inflate' button, it will consume all that it can and await the remainder to be delivered -- press the 'inflate' button again when the fresh supply is available.

1 minute ago, warranty45 said:

The only SSTU tanks I see are invisible?

You have an error in your installation.  Please provide a copy of your KSP.log file if you would like support in finding/fixing it.

So I was able to find a tank that allowed me to add rocket parts and now I have a new issue. The rocket launches and never gains any acceleration. It just slowly drifts off to the west. It looks like I'm having a similar issue to what is described in this youtube video (not mine) :

OGi8bI1.jpg

0gnWuxm.jpg

QyjJ3zb.jpg

2 minutes ago, warranty45 said:

So I was able to find a tank that allowed me to add rocket parts and now I have a new issue. The rocket launches and never gains any acceleration. It just slowly drifts off to the west. It looks like I'm having a similar issue to what is described in this youtube video (not mine) :

I already said you have something wrong with your installation -- you are either missing dependencies, have wrong versions installed, incorrectly placed the files for the install, or there are other mods conflicting.

Please provide the information requested above if you would like help with your problem.

17 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

You have an error in your installation.  Please provide a copy of your KSP.log file if you would like support in finding/fixing it.

1 hour ago, warranty45 said:

So I was able to find a tank that allowed me to add rocket parts and now I have a new issue. The rocket launches and never gains any acceleration. It just slowly drifts off to the west. It looks like I'm having a similar issue to what is described in this youtube video ...

The problem in the video (my video) was due to a part having negative mass.

In KSP parts with negative mass act as anchors in 3D space.

I don't know if thats what you're experiencing.

Try to see if any of your parts have negative mass.

47 minutes ago, warranty45 said:

After a fresh installation of SSTU and running the game in DX11 mode for compatibility with Textures unlimited I am still experiencing the same issues. Here is my KSP.log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H7YQ14QMWQPgf6o-luzDHlrOpLoQte1i/view?usp=sharing

First issue -- a very brief examination reveals that something is spamming your log with this:

[EXC 13:52:40.837] MissingFieldException: Field '.KSPParticleEmitter.pe' not found.

Not SSTU related as far as I can tell (SSTU doesn't do -anything- with particles), but most likely a symptom of something being wrong with one of your other installed mods.

(does nobody bother looking at log files when they have problems?  I shouldn't have to be the one to spot really simple to find problems like this)

Find and fix that problem, whatever it is, and if the issue still occurs, then please provide an updated log file.

Edit:  You also have this spamming your log:

[EXC 13:57:35.220] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClickThroughBlocker, Version=0.1.6.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

In short -- you have a seriously screwed up installation that you need to clean up before I can provide any support.

And more correctly -- remove all other mods besides SSTU and its dependencies, run the tests and THEN see if you have a problem.  If so, let me know.  If no problem exists in a clean install -- then your problem is not SSTU, but something else.  Really, you should have done this before even reporting an issue.

Edited by Shadowmage

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

What are the secondary nodes on the lander tank supposed to be for?  I can't find a use based on their current position and orientation.

I noticed that they aren't getting positioned properly.. so there is that as well....

The nodes were supposed to be only active/enabled with the 'inset' adapter types, for use for attaching engines being partially buried in the tank (like manually clipping the engine into the tank... but less 'cheaty').

I really tried to find anything related to my problem but I couldn´t. I am playing on 1.3.1 with RSS, RO, RP-01. I installed SSTU-0.7.39.149 with PBR , TU,  KSP Wheel and Community Resource Pack.

Some of the parts textures aren´t showing. Plus I seem to have a bug where when I´m in the Editor and have the Shuttle Fueselage selected and right click it, I cannot click anything outside the little options window that opens.

Also tried deleting the Module Manager cache and part.cfg

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Logs: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01f2hpor7yl0ycx/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3acb4w3bsn961k/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Angustino
Forgot Logs

On 10/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, Angustino said:

I really tried to find anything related to my problem but I couldn´t. I am playing on 1.3.1 with RSS, RO, RP-01. I installed SSTU-0.7.39.149 with PBR , TU,  KSP Wheel and Community Resource Pack.

Some of the parts textures aren´t showing. Plus I seem to have a bug where when I´m in the Editor and have the Shuttle Fueselage selected and right click it, I cannot click anything outside the little options window that opens.

Also tried deleting the Module Manager cache and part.cfg

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Logs: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01f2hpor7yl0ycx/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3acb4w3bsn961k/output_log.txt?dl=0

Log is full of errors, many of which may impact SSTUs ability to function.

Principia seems to be throwing a few dozen of these types of errors -- (no clue, not my mod)

[ERR 22:41:04.660] Failed to load assembly F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Principia\x64\libglog.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

Kerbal Konstructs is also failing something:

Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9
[WRN 22:41:46.271] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies
[ERR 22:41:46.350] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CC_RemoteTech': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Remote tech is also failing at something:

[ERR 22:41:46.605] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CC_RemoteTech': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

And here is the real kicker that is preventing SSTU parts from loading -- the TU and or SSTU plugin is not loading properly for some reason (version issues, installation setup error, dependencies missing)

[EXC 22:42:06.054] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KSPShaderTools.TexturesUnlimitedLoader' from assembly 'SSTUTools'.

More failure of remote-tech:

[ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading CC_RemoteTech, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[EXC 22:44:55.860] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
	ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__33.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception)
	ModuleManager.Logging.ModLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
	ModuleManager.<ProcessPatch>d__33:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Many failures from tweak-scale on various parts:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Adapter_C125/Adapter_C125/B9_Adapter_C125'
[LOG 22:44:56.469] EffectList: Created 17 effect types
[ERR 22:44:56.511] Module TweakScale threw during OnLoad: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'BaseFieldList`2' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at TweakScale.TweakScale.SetupPrefab () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I could go on and on and on.  Your log is so full of errors, from lots of different mods, that I cannot offer any assistance given the information provided.  Clean up the rest of those issues and I will be glad to help (though I have a feeling that once you fix the rest of the problems, your issues with SSTU will go away as well).

Dear Go... Okay will do. 

Do you have any suggestions on how to clean these up? Just doing a clean install? Except for a couple part mods, I made sure that everything was made for that specific version.

Thank you for the heads up!

Edited by Angustino

52 minutes ago, Angustino said:

Do you have any suggestions on how to clean these up? Just doing a clean install? Except for a couple part mods, I made sure that everything was made for that specific version.

Generally it starts with a clean install, and the minimal mods you are trying to debug.  If the mod works on its own, you progressively start adding mods back in, either one at a time or in small chunks.  When errors start occurring, you know that one of the most recently added mods is at least involved, and most likely the culprit. 

This gets vastly more complicated when you have cross-mod patch sets such as RSS/RO/RP-0.  But you can still apply the same principals there to some extent.  First get RSS working without errors.  Then add in RO and get it working, and finally RP-0.

With so many mods interacting, it is not a simple process, extremely time consuming, and it really helps to have intimate knowledge of the mods, their plugins, and all the patches in use.  Try and narrow down to the specific cross-mod interaction that is being problematic as best you can, and test chunks of stuff at a time if possible (e.g. frameworks, stand-alone mods, patch sets).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.