[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

12 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Sorry to be a no-show... Playing Subnautica and ARK lately like it's an addiction. I need a stable 1.5.x SSTU before I will play again I think, not messing with 1.4 :)))   My 1.3.1 still works fine.

No worries; you aren't missing much.  SSTU for KSP 1.4.x has been in kind of a half-finished state for awhile now; hoping to get it more cleaned up for 1.5.

On that note -- major progress has been made on the update for 1.5 this week.  I think I have probably 2/3 of the parts updated for the new TU shaders, with the remainders being parts that will require a bit more attention beyond simple conversions.  Probably won't have it done by this weekend, but perhaps next might be doable.

9 minutes ago, buguniao said:

I have difficulties on installing the SSTU, for the KSP will be stuck at the loading screen where it says"loading up resources"....is there any solutions? i've only installed the SSTU pack mod and its PBR also

You need to install CommunityResourcePack, KSPWheel, and all other dependencies that come with the SSTU install.  If you have all of those, and it still isn't working, please upload a copy of your KSP.log file to somewhere online (dropbox/etc) and post a link here so that I might take a look.

Most likely cause is a missing dependency or incorrect installation; either one should be simple enough to diagnose and fix if the log file is provided.

4 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

You need to install CommunityResourcePack, KSPWheel, and all other dependencies that come with the SSTU install.  If you have all of those, and it still isn't working, please upload a copy of your KSP.log file to somewhere online (dropbox/etc) and post a link here so that I might take a look.

Most likely cause is a missing dependency or incorrect installation; either one should be simple enough to diagnose and fix if the log file is provided.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B0Y7JpG2A7SaWcCymwVb0U0Oehb2L-uT

here is the link of the KSP.log

thanks for helping!!!:P

31 minutes ago, buguniao said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B0Y7JpG2A7SaWcCymwVb0U0Oehb2L-uT

here is the link of the KSP.log

thanks for helping!!!:P

Looks like there is an error in your CRP installation, likely a duplicate resource or another similar error.  If you installed the one bundled with SSTU, I would recommend trying to download the most recent CRP  (the bundled one -should- work, not sure why you are getting the error below).

[LOG 23:08:41.262] Resource ColonySupplies added to database
[EXC 23:08:41.265] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + length > this.length
Parameter name: length
	System.String.Substring (Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
	PartResourceDefinition.GetShortName (Int32 length)
	PartResourceDefinition.Load (.ConfigNode node)
	PartResourceDefinitionList.Add (.ConfigNode node)
	PartResourceLibrary.LoadDefinitions ()
	GameDatabase+<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 23:08:41.265] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets

To be clear, that error looks to be entirely CRP / resource related, and not directly caused by SSTU.

20 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Looks like there is an error in your CRP installation, likely a duplicate resource or another similar error.  If you installed the one bundled with SSTU, I would recommend trying to download the most recent CRP  (the bundled one -should- work, not sure why you are getting the error below).

[LOG 23:08:41.262] Resource ColonySupplies added to database
[EXC 23:08:41.265] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + length > this.length
Parameter name: length
	System.String.Substring (Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
	PartResourceDefinition.GetShortName (Int32 length)
	PartResourceDefinition.Load (.ConfigNode node)
	PartResourceDefinitionList.Add (.ConfigNode node)
	PartResourceLibrary.LoadDefinitions ()
	GameDatabase+<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 23:08:41.265] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets

To be clear, that error looks to be entirely CRP / resource related, and not directly caused by SSTU.

thanks! my KSP starts successfully after I change the CRP file, but there is another problem: my texture unlimited and PBR failed to work.... ;.;

2 minutes ago, buguniao said:

thanks! my KSP starts successfully after I change the CRP file, but there is another problem: my texture unlimited and PBR failed to work.... ;.;

Please upload a new log file from your recent runs -- there may be other issues preventing TU/SSTU from working.

1 minute ago, buguniao said:

It looks like everything loaded fine.  What is the issue you are running into?

Try using one of the SSTU fuel tanks in the VAB.  Should be named something like SSTU-MFT-A.  Spawn one of those parts, right click on it, and press the 'Open Recoloring GUI' button.  If there is no button, please show a screenshot of the part-action menu open while in the editor.

9 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

It looks like everything loaded fine.  What is the issue you are running into?

Try using one of the SSTU fuel tanks in the VAB.  Should be named something like SSTU-MFT-A.  Spawn one of those parts, right click on it, and press the 'Open Recoloring GUI' button.  If there is no button, please show a screenshot of the part-action menu open while in the editor.

thanks~! I've finally run this thing on my computer!:)

A continuation of my problem regarding USI supplies/mulch showing up on Lander, CM's, SM's and station parts:

Lander parts seemed to be affected by a name change. I just had to put in the correct part name in the patch to get it to show up (but still doesn't show up in part menu)...

Everything else I am at a loss for as it is way over my head.  

Your patches for Lander vs CM/SM vs Station parts handle things differently. Lander parts and station part patches use volume container, one works one doesn't. The Command modules and service modules use just "Resource". 

I don't want to mess around with it for fear of breaking stuff, so currently I am just adding the supplies via their respective parts in USI for CM's etc. 

Every time I plan a comeback to KSP, this is always the very first mod I check to make sure it's compatible to the version of KSP I'm planning to use.

Looking forward to the 1.5.1 update, SM! You're my favorite mod maker and you're always top class in the way you talk on these forums! :)

35 minutes ago, serg1983 said:

Hello !!!why not all items support RO

You should ask that in the RO thread. Because there are no RO configs for all the parts of sstu. You can easily make them yourself, take a look at the Ro folder-> suggested mods->sstu for examples.

46 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

Вы должны спросить об этом в потоке RO . Поскольку нет RO конфиги для всех частей СГТУ. Вы можете легко сделать их самостоятельно, взгляните на папку Ro -> предлагаемые моды -> sstu для примеров.

it's complicated . I have no idea how to remake it all under RO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.