[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

On 3/4/2019 at 12:41 AM, Columbo said:

It's not really a big deal. The panels have their normal output, which is ok. It's not like the higher Power output is essential. 

I just saw that the stock panels and those of near future and probes plus all seem to get their higher output. But this is something not many people will encounter since it's just one of the many planet packs.

I did check the SSTU in my 2.5x scaled stock system and the generated power seems to work fine with the scaling so it's probably an issue specific to After Kerbin. 

Thanks for doing the investigation and letting us know the results. 

If the stock module works fine, I do have one additional thought on a possible point of interaction -- I added some sort of 'temperature' curve somewhere in my module, but I have no idea how that would interact with the changes AK makes (or even if it was implemented properly to begin with).  Perhaps one day if I'm bored I'll have to dig into it as I'm never fond of a mystery.  I've opened an issue ticket on it just to make sure it doesn't get forgotten about ( https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/issues/768 ).

I've been having a problem that might be the stock game, but I'm unsure.

I had a CSM, It grabs a station part from a petal fairing. The OMS engine I have on it is the next part to be staged, then the last thing to stage is the capsule icon. I hit the spacebar, and the SM decouples from the capsule.

I've had this happen a few times. I quit the game from the keyboard, and restart it from the last place it auto-saved (I almost never use quicksave).

SM DC staging is disabled, BTW.

Edited by tater

54 minutes ago, tater said:

I hit the spacebar, and the SM decouples from the capsule.

That sounds like the intended behavior.  The CMs all have built-in decouplers, and when staged, should decouple them from the SM (note that this decoupler is on the 'internal' lower node on the CM, and is only used when the prebuilt SM is also used).  Unless I'm missing something in the description of the problem?

(honestly, with staging stuff, I really have no clue.  That is all 100% stock code; the most I do is play with some config values in the part/modules)

Edited by Shadowmage

The right click seems to have the option to disable staging, but if the stock code doesn't let that work, I suppose you could get rid of the option. I've taken to explicitly right-clicking much of the time.

2 hours ago, tater said:

The right click seems to have the option to disable staging, but if the stock code doesn't let that work, I suppose you could get rid of the option. I've taken to explicitly right-clicking much of the time.

Please open an issue ticket on the subject, and I'll investigate during my next update pass (probably here in a few weeks).  Unfortunately I'm really not familiar enough with the stock staging code to be able to offer any interim workarounds, which also means that it will take some time to do the investigation and figure out what is going on.

26 minutes ago, tater said:

I'm trying to create a test situation where I can be sure it happens. No dice so far.

Interesting -- yeah, being able to reproduce it will be the #1 needed bit of info :)

I'll even settle for specific save-files (pre- and post- issue) as long as they are using minimal mods.

4 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Interesting -- yeah, being able to reproduce it will be the #1 needed bit of info :)

I'll even settle for specific save-files (pre- and post- issue) as long as they are using minimal mods.

Yeah, that's the trick, I had a clean install, but after it was working well, I decided to mess with some mods, and now it's a bit of a mess. I'm also leaving for a week on Sunday, so I'll be offline (except checking up on space news on my phone on planes, or when utterly bored, lol.

13 hours ago, Sudragon said:

I've noticed that Restocked doesn't interface well with SSTU when it comes to the various LVN clusters.

Known, as ReStock prevents the model from loading.  There's an open issue at SSTU which I was helping on, just need to get some more info on it before it can be fixed.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, Nightside said:

I've encountered this when messing around with rescaled or customized SSTU stuff - I think because it was calculating mass of part as zero or negative, which causes floating/broken physics. Are you using anything that modifies SSTU such as Realism Overhaul?

Also realism overhaul... now this is very strange because it seems to have something to do with the order I install the mods in... imma try some stuff today...

I've been a long time lurker when it comes to KSP, I rarely, if ever, post to forums.  But I had to let you know that this is, far and away, the best modpack for KSP.  It's allowed me to make some truely beautiful rockets out of very, very few parts.  It's an incredible elegant pack.  I'm especially fond of the VA pod.

4 hours ago, coco146 said:

I've been a long time lurker when it comes to KSP, I rarely, if ever, post to forums.  But I had to let you know that this is, far and away, the best modpack for KSP.  It's allowed me to make some truely beautiful rockets out of very, very few parts.  It's an incredible elegant pack.  I'm especially fond of the VA pod.

Thanks, and glad to hear you are enjoying the mod and its intended purpose :)  Has been (and continues to be) one of my longest running modding projects; hope to continue offering a unique experience for some years in the future.

23 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Thanks, and glad to hear you are enjoying the mod and its intended purpose :)  Has been (and continues to be) one of my longest running modding projects; hope to continue offering a unique experience for some years in the future.

I do appreciate the work you do, the SSTU parts are really nice, if I finally get a new game started up I might post some creations to reddit, I do really enjoy your mod!

My attempt at patching SSTU parts for Kerbalism.

"Fixes" solar panels and Habitat volumes. Pay attention to the quotation marks. There's a README in the zip, read it. Patches have plenty of comments explaining what i'm doing. 

There's some loss of functionality, again, go through the README.

Do whatever you want with them.

Kerbalism Patches

Back in town after a week away. Slightly jetlagged, maybe I can mess with this tonight or tomorrow (might have a friend in town for dinner tonight, which will definitely put that on the back burner).

sorry that i have to post like a normal reply but I don't know how to open a support ticket.I love this mod! in my opinion is top 3 in complexity and usability and I use it in all previous versions of KSP. normally I was playing on 1.4.5 without any problems and today I decided to use the latest version of the game and start a new career. so I installed all the mods and when I started the game I had a problem: 54524084_2395992507295840_87613726912707

I tried everything on here... have the latest version of texture unlimited put in the shortcut of ksp the command with "-force-d3d11" even delete all folder of texture unlimited and the problem is still there... I say is this mod because I tested the game with every mod and nothing... it works perfect but when I put this mod the big white square appears in game... and when I delete the SSTU folder game is back to normal. It is a pity because KSP is not complete without this mod... So any ideas on what is causing this?

23 minutes ago, raptor30 said:

sorry that i have to post like a normal reply but I don't know how to open a support ticket.I love this mod! in my opinion is top 3 in complexity and usability and I use it in all previous versions of KSP. normally I was playing on 1.4.5 without any problems and today I decided to use the latest version of the game and start a new career. so I installed all the mods and when I started the game I had a problem: 54524084_2395992507295840_87613726912707

I tried everything on here... have the latest version of texture unlimited put in the shortcut of ksp the command with "-force-d3d11" even delete all folder of texture unlimited and the problem is still there... I say is this mod because I tested the game with every mod and nothing... it works perfect but when I put this mod the big white square appears in game... and when I delete the SSTU folder game is back to normal. It is a pity because KSP is not complete without this mod... So any ideas on what is causing this?

Follow the GitHub link in the 1st post of this thread and look for the ISSUES tab.

Guys may I ask you ?  Why the docking port from SSTU and its lights are not working. When I right click on it there is no option to turn on lights on it.  I have the plugin for it but maybe I need to add some other things from SSTU  ?  I am using only SSTU plugin and from space shuttle from Radar docking port and airlock  but as I wrote there is no option to enable lights on the docking port at all.  Thank you

On 3/21/2019 at 8:45 AM, korych said:

Why didn't you fix this problem?

Seriously dude....the amount of content this mod provides you and the insane quantity of variation you get....you sit there and complain about a non textured RCS. That is just nitpicking. 

1 hour ago, mechanicH said:

Seriously dude....the amount of content this mod provides you and the insane quantity of variation you get....you sit there and complain about a non textured RCS. That is just nitpicking. 

This is not nagging. I wait three updates waiting for this bug fix. I wrote bug report. This module is very important to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.