[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

I have some problems with docking port (SC-GEN DP-1). Looks like it wont docking at all. Sometimes it working fine with several ports on my station. Docking port snap is disabled. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

UPD: Houston, I think I found a solution. It just needed to switch control on the required port. Silly me.

Edited by NewRetroMan

I am having an issue with the fairings, it seems to happen with a fresh install with only SSTU installed on 1.8.1.  When in the VAB the shell of the fairing appears to be normal and colored but when launching or loading a vessel the fairing is all black.  I tried to search in this forum and other places but couldn't seem to find a solution.  I'm just wanting to make sure its not something that there is something I can do to fix, thanks for any help.  I have tried adding the command to launch in -force-d3d11 to see if this made any difference but didn't seem to make a difference.

Hello

I've been having an issue where all the engines and the modular tanks of this mod are gray, untextured, and sometimes invisible. For the engines, some of the mounts are visible but grey, and the engines themselves are invisible. I've been looking through the log but can't really find the issue.

Can anyone help? 

Here is the .log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j76n_r-HhxJ8eeh_Vj9G5OYlYKk41TVJ/view?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Hello

I've been having an issue where all the engines and the modular tanks of this mod are gray, untextured, and sometimes invisible. For the engines, some of the mounts are visible but grey, and the engines themselves are invisible. I've been looking through the log but can't really find the issue.

Can anyone help? 

Here is the .log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j76n_r-HhxJ8eeh_Vj9G5OYlYKk41TVJ/view?usp=sharing

Do you have module manager and other dependencies installed?

Thought I would stop by briefly, and at least say 'hi'.  Been awhile :)

Been a very crazy couple of months, and doesn't seem like the chaos is quite over yet, but things (at least in my end of the woods) are starting to have a bit of normalcy return.  Nothing notably 'bad' over the past few months, simply crazy and busy, with a lot of extra sources of stress.

The good news in all of this, is that I might be able to return to development in the coming weeks.  If/when development is started back up will most likely consist of maintenance and bug-fixing for the issues uncovered and encountered the past while; still don't see myself having time for new content development for awhile yet.

I saw the news on the upcoming 1.10 release, and it is likely that I'll start in on the updates (for all of my mods) shortly after it is released (possibly sooner, pending a few more r/l things clearing up).  Timing seems appropriate for the next round of updates.  With the announced delay of KSP2, gotta keep KSP1 active and kicking for at least another year :)

Thanks all for your patience, and assistance with answering questions and providing help to others during my absence; much appreciated.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:06 PM, SpeedShot7 said:

Can anyone help?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm dealing with:

https://imgur.com/9jrwc7P

Would you be able to upload a KSP.log file that I might peruse?  That will usually contain information pointing to the source of the error.

Usual causes for what you are seeing are lack of dependencies, incorrect installation, or unsupported hardware or operating system (might be some issues with OSX and Linux with TexturesUnlimited that I haven't sorted out, but should likely be able to fix in the near future).

5 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Thought I would stop by briefly, and at least say 'hi'.  Been awhile :)

Been a very crazy couple of months, and doesn't seem like the chaos is quite over yet, but things (at least in my end of the woods) are starting to have a bit of normalcy return.  Nothing notably 'bad' over the past few months, simply crazy and busy, with a lot of extra sources of stress.

The good news in all of this, is that I might be able to return to development in the coming weeks.  If/when development is started back up will most likely consist of maintenance and bug-fixing for the issues uncovered and encountered the past while; still don't see myself having time for new content development for awhile yet.

I saw the news on the upcoming 1.10 release, and it is likely that I'll start in on the updates (for all of my mods) shortly after it is released (possibly sooner, pending a few more r/l things clearing up).  Timing seems appropriate for the next round of updates.  With the announced delay of KSP2, gotta keep KSP1 active and kicking for at least another year :)

Thanks all for your patience, and assistance with answering questions and providing help to others during my absence; much appreciated.

Would you be able to upload a KSP.log file that I might peruse?  That will usually contain information pointing to the source of the error.

Usual causes for what you are seeing are lack of dependencies, incorrect installation, or unsupported hardware or operating system (might be some issues with OSX and Linux with TexturesUnlimited that I haven't sorted out, but should likely be able to fix in the near future).

Here is the .log of my most recent session, I linked one earlier up in the thread.

I'm thinking it's some dependency but I can't figure out which one. 

18 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Here is the .log of my most recent session, I linked one earlier up in the thread.

I'm thinking it's some dependency but I can't figure out which one. 

Looks like ModuleManager is borking out during startup -- and as SSTU and TU rely on ModuleManager to facilitate patching of texture sets into parts/etc, this will cause tons of other errors.

[ERR 16:55:54.485] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ModuleManager': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm actually seeing similar messages regarding nearly all of your plugin-based mods.  None are loading properly, throwing exceptions during startup.  Surprised anything is working at all....

Furthermore, it looks like these errors are being caused by trying to run newer mod versions on an old KSP version:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.3.2594 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

Try updating KSP to 1.8 / 1.9+.  SSTU and its dependencies should work on either of those versions, but the current versions are likely not backwards compatible with 1.7.x due to changes to Unity and DLL linking.  (alternatively, you might try and find the older versions of SSTU + TU, but then you also need to find older versions of all the other dependencies, and any other mods you wanted to use; probably not worth the effort).

On 6/17/2020 at 12:01 PM, Shadowmage said:

(alternatively, you might try and find the older versions of SSTU + TU, but then you also need to find older versions of all the other dependencies, and any other mods you wanted to use; probably not worth the effort).

So is it module manager that I need to replace? I've deleted all the other versions I accidentally left on and only had the compatible one (4.03 or something like that) and the mod still didn't load right. 

Aren't the compatible dependencies in the SSTU download? If not, what are they since I must be doing something wrong. 

I've been thinking about upgrading, but I am still in the middle of some missions in my saves so I'll do that later.

2 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

I've been thinking about upgrading, but I am still in the middle of some missions in my saves so I'll do that later.

You are using an old KSP, with newer mods.  Don't do that.  It will not work.

Either locate the old versions of the mods, the ones written for your version of KSP; or don't use the mods until you are ready to upgrade; or upgrade your KSP to the version expected by the mods.

2 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Aren't the compatible dependencies in the SSTU download?

Yes, but only if you use the proper version of KSP for all of the mods+dependencies.  If you downloaded the most recent SSTU+TU, it requires KSP 1.8 or newer.  No exceptions.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:25 AM, Russekof71 said:

Hello, I wanted to make the Angara but for the second floor I need a RD 0124, if I take the file from RD 0110 I paste it renaming it to RD 0124 with some modifications to push is it would it work?

You are on the right track.

Make sure to challenge the “name =“ field to you new name, or the game will get confused.

[LOG 00:09:43.605] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SSTU\Plugins\SSTUTools.dll
[ERR 00:09:43.605] Failed to load assembly D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SSTU\Plugins\SSTUTools.dll:
System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SSTU\Plugins\SSTUTools.dll
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode)
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.