[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

Hi SSTU's fan :)

I'm using SSTU alongside ReStock and I've found some issue : ReStock blacklist some model/texture to save memory, unfortunately some of them are used by SSTU.

To prevent this I've made a whitelist patch for SSTU, to use it copy the six lines below to a file with the extension .restockwhitelist and place it in your GameData.

Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/
Squad/Parts/Resources/MiniDrill/
Squad/Parts/Utility/commsAntennaDTS-M1/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTankRadial/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCStankRadialLong/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial/

Happy flying :)

On 11/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, Brainpop14 said:

I'm having a bit of a problem. The station parts are completely breaking my game. I try to use them and my game just suddenly goes crazy. It works OK at first and then after a little bit it goes completely crazy and nothing works. 

If you want support you gonna have to be more specific. "breaking my game" and "going crazy" don't say much.

I am experienceing a rather inconvenient bug: my SSTU capsules detach their service modules when I focus on them in tracking station/revert the flight to start. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing it? Some kind of mod conflict, maybe?

KSP verion is the current iteration of 1.10

Edited by Kornet

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

SSTU does not support 1.10.x, the last build was for 1.8.

Yes, I do know that. Yet, there are multiple reports of people running it in 1.10 with little issues, and I kinda hoped that someone encountered that particular problem before and found a solution. O r at least the cause.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, RedParadize said:

If you want support you gonna have to be more specific. "breaking my game" and "going crazy" don't say much.

I'm not sure how else to describe it, but the SRB have a problem too. They don't change their stats when I change and configure them. I'm not sure how else to explain any of this

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 4:34 AM, Messeno said:

hi I installed the mod in 1.9.1, but it doesn't work, I have seen from several videos where the mod works in 1.9.1 do you know how they did it?

You put the mod and all of it's dependencies in the GameData folder...

Not trying to be snarky here but you didn't give us much to go on lol. Exactly how does it not work? Is your game crashing? Are parts not showing up? Are features not working?

• 2 weeks later...

You can adjust the pressure at which they open, as they need a minimum, causing the chutes to open at lower altitudes than set sometimes.

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[SSTUModularParachute]]:NEEDS[SSTU]:AFTER[SSTU]
{
    @MODULE[SSTUModularParachute]
    {
        @stagingEnabled = true
        @mainMaxQ = 60000
    }
}

I don't think you can change the max altitude beyond what the slider allow.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone ever run into this and know how to fix it? im running KSP 1.8.1 and am using the latest version of SSTU available for 1.8.1. This happens with ALL of the engines in the SSTU pack. here is a screenshot of what im running into:

https://imgur.com/a/6jLYYyt

Any help would be appreciated greatly so thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

On 2/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, Jimbodiah said:

Do you have all the folders like 000_TexturesUnlimited in your gamedata folder, plus ModuleManager.dll?   You will also need to force the graphics mode in the commandline when launching the game.

Yes i do have all the folders in my gamedata folder as well as modulemanager.dll and i am forcing directx11 if thats what you mean. 

8 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

Does anybody have a lunar lander that looks just like the video? Without realism overhaul ConfigsScreenshot_780.png

You mean the lander in the video at page one? You can build it with SSTU. Just downlaod SSTU and build it. You don`t need realism overhaul. Your screenshot doesn`t work here. You must upload it and then insert a link here.

Edited by Cheesecake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.