[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

1 hour ago, rettter3 said:

Maybe the wrong Smokescreen variant?Try using the one packed with realplume(I think 2.8.9).

Yeah, I use the Smokescreen from the pack. Still tinkering around on what I've could missed. This is my first week playing KSP again after more than like one or two years so I'm trying to familiarise with modding again haha :confused:

Edit: Finally sort out the problem

Turns out the Sevice Module engine is the one that has the problem after all, the rest is fine (tested the RD107, RS68 and D170 all was fine).

ybpM7rGm.png t0kQGbim.png

e4wnoZdm.png GfItYFvm.png

Stupid me only testing a single type of engine :P

Edited by AlphaKerman

@AlphaKerman IDK what this 'RealPlume-Stock' folder is all about.

Here is what I use, which I know works:

tKYhnmc.png

Smokescreen ( https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/SmokeScreen/86/artifact/SmokeScreen-2.8.13.0.zip ) +
Realplume ( https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/releases/download/v13.1.0/RealPlume_v13.1.0.zip )

Could it be that the RealPlume-Stock also needs the base RealPlume installed?  (isn't the 'RealPlume-Stock' setup just configs for stock parts?)

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Is there a way to lengthen the recoloring UI to show all my crayons like in the old cfg file?

Looks like it is changeable through the in-game settings menus:

v7moSf9.png

Realplume Stock is mod that has SS/RP plus some configs to add it to stock parts as well. If you install that you get RP needed for SSTU but also get it added to stock parts. It's how I run the mod (1.8.1) at the moment and it works just fine for SSTU as well. I've not tested all the engines though.

Hello there! 
I would really love to play with SSTU and Real Fuels, but I cannot find any config for the SSTU engines (the tanks are configured by SSTU itself but not the engines). Is there something existing somewhere?

Thanks

2 hours ago, ganlhi said:

Hello there! 
I would really love to play with SSTU and Real Fuels, but I cannot find any config for the SSTU engines (the tanks are configured by SSTU itself but not the engines). Is there something existing somewhere?

Thanks

RealismOverhaul is the only source that I'm aware of RealFuels configs for the SSTU engines.  However I do not provide any support for either RealFuels or RealismOverhal; the folks in the RO thread might have more information to offer on how to use that config without the full RO install.

Well, it finally works with Real Plume and  seems only the the Series C service module that is not working and I'm fine with that (perhaps if anyone want to check that). 

One more question please :D. Until now I can't decide whether to use USI or TAC life support. But it says for this mod there's only some patches for TAC but with USI most of them are there, so is it better to use with USI? Thanks

Edited by AlphaKerman

15 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Well, it finally works with Real Plume and  seems only the the Series C service module that is not working and I'm fine with that (perhaps if anyone want to check that). 

That is actually an issue with RealPlume as far as I know -- some of their effects need to be rebuilt/recompiled/etc, as I see some failure-to-load messages in the logs in relation to some of the Hypergolic plumes....

• 2 weeks later...

Hunting down the proper model and adding it to a restockwhitelist file should do the trick too. If it is in fact a Restock issue. Should be able to find out how to do that in the Restock thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a patch file that should do the trick (save to GameData/patch-sstu-restock.restockwhitelist):

Spoiler

Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size1_Tanks/Size1Tank_04
Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralIBeam200/
Squad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderL/
Squad/Parts/Utility/commsAntennaDTS-M1/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTankRadial/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCStankRadialLong/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial/
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/
Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_125
Squad/Parts/Resources/MiniDrill/
Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, Al2Me6 said:

Here is a patch file that should do the trick (save to GameData/patch-sstu-restock.restockwhitelist):

Hide contents

Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size1_Tanks/Size1Tank_04
Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralIBeam200/
Squad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderL/
Squad/Parts/Utility/commsAntennaDTS-M1/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTankRadial/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCStankRadialLong/
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial/
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/
Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_125
Squad/Parts/Resources/MiniDrill/
Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/

I had this issue due to using restock and this fix worked! Thanks.

I have tried installing SSTU multiple times, and every time the Orion capsule and other parts are missing. I am wondering if I installed the mod wrong? I am using RO but I don think this should cause parts to not show up. I do have all the dependencies installed. I just can't think of what I'm doing wrong. Any help is much appreciated. 

On 3/29/2020 at 9:42 PM, cardboardman said:

I have tried installing SSTU multiple times, and every time the Orion capsule and other parts are missing. I am wondering if I installed the mod wrong? I am using RO but I don think this should cause parts to not show up. I do have all the dependencies installed. I just can't think of what I'm doing wrong. Any help is much appreciated. 

RO doesn't support SSTU anymore. You'll have to use the RO parts mods.

2 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Anyone knows how to use SSTU Volume Container? Seems like I can't do anything with it, I mean I can't add anything to the module (i.e. Monopropellant, Ore, etc.)I2n0JNA.png

Try using decimals. If I remember correctly the numbers below "Unit Ratio" must amount to 1. For example, if you want 50% Liquid Fuel and 50% Ore, you put 0.5 unit ratio for liquid fuel and  0.5 unit ratio for ore

9 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Anyone knows how to use SSTU Volume Container? Seems like I can't do anything with it, I mean I can't add anything to the module (i.e. Monopropellant, Ore, etc.)

The container that you have displayed has a volume of zero, meaning no matter what you select for resources, there is no volume to store them in.  Might be an issue with the configs/patches, as generally there shouldn't be a volume container on parts that lack volume...  (unless this was something that was unfinished/prep work for life-support patches/etc...)

What part is it that you are editing in the image?  COS-HAB / LAB parts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.