[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

I've added a container to a hab but it is not showing up in the vab, does the cos part need to have a volume defined somehow?

On 4/5/2020 at 6:09 AM, SpeedShot7 said:

Is there a Raptor engine for this mod? If not, is it being considered?

I could make a placeholder with a rescaled engine and a new fuel type. Been thinking of methalox myself for my own gameplay. Might just rescale the 1D(V).

What's the fuel mixture of methane vs lox?

On 4/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, Jimbodiah said:

I've added a container to a hab but it is not showing up in the vab, does the cos part need to have a volume defined somehow?

What's the fuel mixture of methane vs lox?

Well, at least finally I've added "resources module" my self in the .cfg file. Just plain copy and paste and somehow it works in the hab module but not in the "Series A SMX" or Progress like spacecraft. Might be just me screwing up the program somewhere but, yeah I'm not really a programmer and everyone might cringe when you look at it but really helps when you get bored on all of this self isolation at home though lol :D. Really loves this mod so much!

3.8 : 1 I believe for the Raptor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Raptor

I'll release my JPL Patches soon, you can copy the COS HAB from there. You need to tune the volumes manually for each size (diameter+length).

I might use the RD181 as a base model. Will check the link for fuel ratio.

@Shadowmage

I've added a cfg file with the info as shown below, but for some reason it will not show up. It's a copy of the fuels added in the SSTU ModIntegration. What am I missing?

LqdMethane is already a CRP fuel type.

The FuelType will not show in the slider for the MFT-A (LFO, Ec, MP etc) , nor will LqsMethane appear in the Container config list. Really weird.

Even tried adding :FOR[SSTU] after each definition. Heck, even added them to the SSTU files, still no cigar.

Spoiler

SSTU_RESOURCEVOLUME
{
    name = LqdMethane
    volume = 1.0
}

SSTU_FUELTYPE
{
    name = Methalox
    RESOURCE
    {
        resource = LqdMethane
        ratio = 10
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        resource = Oxidizer
        ratio = 1
    }
}

@PART[SSTU-TANK-MFT-A|SSTU-TANK-MFT-R|SSTU-TANK-MFT-LV|SSTU-TANK-MUS|SSTU-TANK-MFT-D]:AFTER[SSTU]
{
    @MODULE[SSTUVolumeContainer]
    {
        @CONTAINER,0
        {
            resource = LqdMethane
        }
    }
}

Edited by Jimbodiah

On 4/7/2020 at 8:30 AM, Jimbodiah said:

@Shadowmage

I've added a cfg file with the info as shown below, but for some reason it will not show up. It's a copy of the fuels added in the SSTU ModIntegration. What am I missing?

LqdMethane is already a CRP fuel type.

The FuelType will not show in the slider for the MFT-A (LFO, Ec, MP etc) , nor will LqsMethane appear in the Container config list. Really weird.

Even tried adding :FOR[SSTU] after each definition. Heck, even added them to the SSTU files, still no cigar.

Reveal hidden contents

SSTU_RESOURCEVOLUME
{
    name = LqdMethane
    volume = 1.0
}

SSTU_FUELTYPE
{
    name = Methalox
    RESOURCE
    {
        resource = LqdMethane
        ratio = 10
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        resource = Oxidizer
        ratio = 1
    }
}

@PART[SSTU-TANK-MFT-A|SSTU-TANK-MFT-R|SSTU-TANK-MFT-LV|SSTU-TANK-MUS|SSTU-TANK-MFT-D]:AFTER[SSTU]
{
    @MODULE[SSTUVolumeContainer]
    {
        @CONTAINER,0
        {
            resource = LqdMethane
        }
    }
}

Open an issue on Github so it doesn't get lost.  Sounds like something I should look into (but likely won't have time in the immediate future).

The weird thing is I have a copy of your MRCS with 3 nearfuture fuel combos, and those show up just fine. There might be a max for fuel types (combos) for the slider, but the volume container list show show the resource. I've done this 100 times but LqdMethane will not take. I will log an issue on github. Might be related to CRP maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.