WW2 BAD-T - World War 2 BDArmory AI Dogfight Tournament [FINISHED]

The way ai fly is makes me crazy. I play war thunder realistic mode, i have bit of idea about energy fight, stall fight etc, watching my plane tests is just nightmare. (They are doing scissors,which is nice though)

Yeah, I've found half of the challenge so far, especially with the jets, is designing the aircraft in a way that forces the AI pilot to not bleed all its energy off.

Just a query, for the jet category there is a set minimum weight - are we going by the weight in the Engineer's Report or can we go by KerbEngineer or something else? Because from what I can tell the in-built Engineer's Report doesn't respect altering the mass of a procedural wing. Only according to the in-game report my jet is 3.7t (without armament because the new BD armoury has broken the weapon pack :( ) but KerbEngineer says that it's 5.1t.

The way ai fly is makes me crazy. I play war thunder realistic mode, i have bit of idea about energy fight, stall fight etc, watching my plane tests is just nightmare. (They are doing scissors,which is nice though)

Tell me about it, bunch of hours in Falcon BMS and DCS modules, I know enough ACM to know that the AI certainly doesn't know anything.

It's hard to make an idiot proof aircraft. My best advice is: Don't try to force the AI to fly intelligently, design an aircraft that the AI can fly in a dumb fashion. If I were making an aircraft for myself to dogfight in, I wouldn't end up with the Spike 5, however, the AI seems to like it.

Edited by Phearlock

New battle incoming!

This is the first time someone lost due to lack of ammo, oh well.

But the battle was nice :D

Yeah, after few testings I realized that ai wastes lot of ammo.

Now Im sad because I lowered ammo count on my plane :(

New battle is out!

Waaw.. Well, What I seen from video is, my guys trying to get altitude while enemy started to attack, that means I have to set default altitude to lower values.

- Friendly advice to others, lower your default altitude values. :)

What we need is a plugin that excludes, say anything without a cockpit, from being viewed in flight.

- - - Updated - - -

At 11:30 one of the deitwens was comforting the other one before the impending doom :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also tetryds about half way through i paused the video and told media player to play all the Kevin Macleod songs i have at random, it actually made the video a lot cooler. *HINT* *HINT*

I've randomly decided to come out from Tetryds' slave dungeon (where he keeps me while I work on 3D models) just to say hello.

Now back to texturing that M2 Browning pod...

Are you doing the unity setup for them?

If I am correct, there are no turrets for the piston monoplane class? I'm working on a sort of gunship design (but still staying in the style of the time) for when my un-optimized Delilah inevitably gets shot out of the sky. I substituted some of the WWI Brownings for now. I've also got a Delilah mark three in the works for when my lumbering gunship is shot out of the sky.

@nigelxw: yes, no turrets for piston monoplanes nor jets.

@TUKE: if I was to add sounds I would have to edit and render, this way I can make one battle per day and not one every two days.

Ok. When are biplanes predicted to start? I want to see the Sky Hopper flounder and crash while someone else shoots at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Although if you can add chatterer to the mods so we at least get some pilot commentary :)

Chatterer, hmm I can do that.

I can also play something on the background while I record but I can't ensure consistency (monstercat anyone?)

Biplanes are delayed because of occlusion calculation issues, which I am consistently annoying ferram to fix, but it may take a bit of time.

I guess that biplanes with stock wings can fly already, but I have to test them.

I am going to travel today so I may only be able to record the next battle moday.

And as I've told you, until you get me a reproducible case, I can't even hope to fix anything. It's not within my power to fix something when I don't even know how to cause the bug, and that's assuming it's something in my code that I can fix.

Chatterer, hmm I can do that.

I can also play something on the background while I record but I can't ensure consistency (monstercat anyone?)

Biplanes are delayed because of occlusion calculation issues, which I am consistently annoying ferram to fix, but it may take a bit of time.

I guess that biplanes with stock wings can fly already, but I have to test them.

I am going to travel today so I may only be able to record the next battle moday.

Well my Sky Hopper uses stock wings, and as for music look -->here<-- In the video description just put

{Insert song name here} - Kevin Macleod

{Insert song 2 name here} - Kevin Macleod

{Insert song 3 name here} - Kevin Macleod

etc.

- - - Updated - - -

And as I've told you, until you get me a reproducible case, I can't even hope to fix anything. It's not within my power to fix something when I don't even know how to cause the bug, and that's assuming it's something in my code that I can fix.

Perhaps an interaction with the B9 P-wings?

Yep, models, textures and unity setup. Tetryds is handling the BDArmory config.

Any advice on setup? As i am doing something similar pack (I was making config versions of weapons before this thread existed) that is being updated to have it's own models, however i only have the old turret example to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i'm trying to make the Vicker S, but i don't know how to do the animation.

Any advice on setup? As i am doing something similar pack (I was making config versions of weapons before this thread existed) that is being updated to have it's own models, however i only have the old turret example to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i'm trying to make the Vicker S, but i don't know how to do the animation.

I haven't started working on the BDArmory unity setup yet, I'm focusing on getting those models in the game properly first.

You can get some help here, just look for the Animation section. You can always find great tutorials on youtube as well.