WW2 BAD-T - World War 2 BDArmory AI Dogfight Tournament [FINISHED]

That Gladiator was probably THE ONLY ONE.

LOL, how didn't I remember that.

Yeah, very true.

Just a thing, BDArmory weapons work based on heat, radiators by the cockpit works like armor to protect your pilot, that is why they are allowed :)

LOL, how didn't I remember that.

Yeah, very true.

Just a thing, BDArmory weapons work based on heat, radiators by the cockpit works like armor to protect your pilot, that is why they are allowed :)

What's the special challenge pack for the required mods? You didn't provide a link.

Yop !

After some test , i'm just unable to takeoff with far & the 35% thrust limiter ! I think this challenge will be too complicated for me , i'm too unfamiliar with FAR .

I go try other setting .

Also, does the propeller spin for you? It doesn't spin for me. The engine still works, it just doesn't spin.

You cannot install AJE and KAX at the same time.

There is no link to the modpack because this is a WIP challenge, will do soon.

I'm not too sure if this aircraft will qualify...but alas, It is going through the prototyping stage. It uses tweakscale for three parts, and includes one modified part. The modification, however is a simple rescale of the engine -- from 0.650 to 1.250 -- it can be removed if you wish.

This is also a mod request - Could tweakscale become an allowed mod for the challenge? That would help quite a lot of us I think.

Here is something I cooked up for the second prototype or the "F. II".

Kript.png

That engine is from SXT by Lack, which has a host of WWII cockpits and engines, with even more planned! I would also suggest SXT and ZZZ Flag Decal as allowed mods as well.

You're welcome :D! It's really helped my designs.

Thats a pretty common reaction to my stuff:P. Currently developing the XF5U.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fairly horrible to replicate. The Westland Welkin though is a brilliant plane.

There were some twin engine bi-planes and I've got one in the air, what interests me most though is if we add a gunner Kerbal sat at his gun can he have an aim-able turret in his field of view?

B9suzeP.png

There were some twin engine bi-planes and I've got one in the air, what interests me most though is if we add a gunner Kerbal sat at his gun can he have an aim-able turret in his field of view?

http://i.imgur.com/B9suzeP.png

I think if you have a crewman for that gun I think its fair. There should be a realistic limit on the guns field of operation though (45 degrees on each side?)

Edit: Nice plane also :D

Yop !

After some test , i'm just unable to takeoff with far & the 35% thrust limiter ! I think this challenge will be too complicated for me , i'm too unfamiliar with FAR .

I go try other setting .

Reduce the mass of your aircraft, and check your gear placement. Two common problems when people are coming from stock to FAR.

So is the way this going to work is that someone just loads our planes, activates the AI and lets them run free?
(I hope) they'll be a hyperedit .cfg with 4 set launch positions that anyone can get and set them up the same each time. Rotating to a certain direction in the hanger and then hyperediting a short distance after launch seems to work well.

So is the way this going to work is that someone just loads our planes, activates the AI and lets them run free?

In a nutshell yes.

In another challenge someone came up with a tail to tail start for the aircraft, and set the AI to different teams. The aircraft would climb on their own to altitude and then turn and fight. It was actually pretty cool to watch. I even did it myself with two drones that I built to test it out. Surprisingly it works extremely well.

As in this video by t3hJimmer.

Ok so I have tested and 2x A7 Aerosport @ 100% Max Thrust is a very balanced engine setup.

I was able to get a p38 to fly just like a p38, same topspeed, etc.

I am testing more engines and will post the nerf values if/when I get them.

But you can already use all piston KAX propellers, they will be allowed just nerfed if neded.

Reduce the mass of your aircraft, and check your gear placement. Two common problems when people are coming from stock to FAR.

Yop !

Effectively , i start with a 5.5 tons plane with bad result . I raise down to 3.6 tons & it begin to fling decent . I don't know if i can raise down more with the stock wings !

And i don't have major issue with gear , just moving a bit to prevent engine runaway collision .

I work on the flight ability that's more hard than stock aero !