[1.0.5] Radial Heat Shields [No longer in development, going to new, larger mod]

Source is for the most part, I thought was if you have a plugin your Source is just your license.

EDIT- @The Yellow Dart sorry just point out that there calling there link a Source which is funny it's really just there license they just need to change the name as there is no plugin.

EDIT- 2.png

Edited by Mecripp2

Source is for the most part, I thought was if you have a plugin your Source is just your license.

Oh, maybe. I have no idea, other than always seeing the first post of half the mods on here being "You're gonna need a license for that".

Oh, maybe. I have no idea, other than always seeing the first post of half the mods on here being "You're gonna need a license for that".

The license is included in the download, and you only really NEED it there, but I will put it in the post.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT- @The Yellow Dart sorry just point out that there calling there link a Source which is funny it's really just there license they just need to change the name as there is no plugin.

EDIT- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/2.png

I like your picture so i'm going to use it on the Kerbal Stuff page. Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Could you post a few pictures of example craft? I like the idea, but right now I'm not too sure how to put it all to work.

Currently, I'm working on a new version, with heat shielded wings, etc., so I can't right now. I will include some in the 1.0 release.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have pictures of how this is implemented on your spaceplanes? So far I have tried using the heat tiles with FAR and they really screw up my center of lift.

Thanks for the bug report. I might have to give them lifting ability. I don't normally use FAR, and in fact never have, but ill get it now to check it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 1.0 now has a pre release!  The textures are MUCH better than before, and it uses shared textures.  This means that it uses a lot less RAM.  It is planned to convert the two textures to DDS.  The new release comes bundled with TweakScale, which means less parts are required.  You can download it at the bottom of the OP.

could you add some attachment points...its really hard to add a shield to the bottom (and have it expand to cover the engines) if i can attach it centered (my last craft the shield was slightly off center and the left side of the craft spontaneusly dis-assembled during reentry

On December 21, 2015 at 10:25 PM, Uthgood said:

could you add some attachment points...its really hard to add a shield to the bottom (and have it expand to cover the engines) if i can attach it centered (my last craft the shield was slightly off center and the left side of the craft spontaneusly dis-assembled during reentry

The popup shield will include attachment points.  (It already does in the 1.0 pre release.)  If you want to get the 1.0 pre release, use the GitHub link.

Oh wait.  I need to update it.  One minute.

Updated.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, SyberSmoke said:

This got my attention, I have not looked but will you be making some conformable shields for 1.25m tubes?

I'll look into it.

2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Looks great.

Thanks for making this..

Cheers and happy holidays.

No problem. I've done a bit more work on it, but I need to get that all balanced before I release it. 

• 4 months later...