Beale

South-West Launch Site - Kerbal Konstructs Content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Beale said:

Do you have a picture of your Unity hierarchy + What version you are using?

I am putting together SWLS in Unity 5 (5.2 I think?), it is very complex now, but no problems so far.

What's a Unity hierarchy?

zO6nASS.png

As for the version, I use unity 5, and I use parttools to export the objects. My computer runs on linux Ubuntu so that might contribute to the problem as well

 

EDIT:

>"what's a Unity heirarchy?"

>examines screenshot

>sees portion of screen labelled 'heirarchy'

>facepalm

 

Edited by Third_OfFive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Third_OfFive said:

What's a Unity hierarchy?

zO6nASS.png

As for the version, I use unity 5, and I use parttools to export the objects. My computer runs on linux Ubuntu so that might contribute to the problem as well

It is more or less what you have selected there :) 

An object with children, for the KK object, you put the PartTools exporter on the root object, It looks like you're doing that already.

67096f257e.png

Your problems are probably related to the Linux version of Unity, because I believe it is quite new? Sorry about that.

21a5206b83.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey beale last time I'll bother you I promise.

Could I perhaps have the obj files for the current launch site as well? The download link is broken.

Edited by Third_OfFive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Beale said:

It is more or less what you have selected there :) 

An object with children, for the KK object, you put the PartTools exporter on the root object, It looks like you're doing that already.

67096f257e.png

Your problems are probably related to the Linux version of Unity, because I believe it is quite new? Sorry about that.

21a5206b83.jpg

h285Prl.jpg

Ok I seem to have gotten it to work now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

Hey beale last time I'll bother you I promise.

Could I perhaps have the obj files for the current launch site as well? The download link is broken.

40 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

h285Prl.jpg

Ok I seem to have gotten it to work now.

It is no bother!

For the current files, I would like to keep them until everything is finished, hope you understand.
After that, you can have all you wish.

 

End result you have is very nice! :) 

 

By the way, it might also be the colliders you are using that is causing crashes.

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Beale

Uhh. Where do I put the file? There isn't a GameData folder to merge or a readme. I'm out of my depth, man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NotAgain said:

@Beale

Uhh. Where do I put the file? There isn't a GameData folder to merge or a readme. I'm out of my depth, man!

Place the "TantaresLS" folder inside GameData :) 

You must already have Kerbal Konstructs installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2016 at 7:14 AM, Beale said:

Yesss!

Also here's an update on Bealekor. It's pretty much ready to be released. Would you like me to send you the files or should I start my own thread?

g3ZFbkS.png

Edited by Third_OfFive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 6:20 PM, Third_OfFive said:

Yesss!

Also here's an update on Bealekor. It's pretty much ready to be released. Would you like me to send you the files or should I start my own thread?

g3ZFbkS.png

Wow, this has been there fore two months?

Great 3D work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Sees that there still isn't a runway*

 

I cri evry tiem ;.;

Edited by Andem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2016 at 4:58 AM, Andem said:

*Sees that there still isn't a runway*

 

I cri evry tiem ;.;

1 like=1 pray

So, @Beale, how's everything going? Is the progress continuing? :)

Can't wait to see what new things you have in store for us. Thanks for all the awesome things you make.

Edited by DMSP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier you mentioned thinking about adding the N-1 launchpad, which is a great idea, but that just wouldn't work in this location if it only permits highly inclined or polar orbits... actually, as I'm typing this, I'm developing a question related to this: is 51.5 degrees an accessible orbit from here? That's the flight path of the real N-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2016 at 1:49 PM, DMSP said:

1 like=1 pray

So, @Beale, how's everything going? Is the progress continuing? :)

Can't wait to see what new things you have in store for us. Thanks for all the awesome things you make.

Very slowly, sadly. :( 

22 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

Earlier you mentioned thinking about adding the N-1 launchpad, which is a great idea, but that just wouldn't work in this location if it only permits highly inclined or polar orbits... actually, as I'm typing this, I'm developing a question related to this: is 51.5 degrees an accessible orbit from here? That's the flight path of the real N-1.

I think the plans have been scaled back a little,

I will finish this, but it will remain small :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Very slowly, sadly. :(

Hey, that's fine. Take your time, we're all here giving you a thumbs up. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey beale, I'd like your advice.

I'm re-doing the big mission control building for Bealekor.

eZrPAPP.png

I'm not sure what texture I should use to fill in the area in black. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this still being developed? Or will it work with the latest Kerbal konstructs version? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2016 at 5:16 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

Is this still being developed? Or will it work with the latest Kerbal konstructs version? :) 

Idk. This thread really seems dead atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2016 at 6:16 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

Is this still being developed? Or will it work with the latest Kerbal konstructs version? :) 

 

On 11/18/2016 at 6:35 PM, Third_OfFive said:

Idk. This thread really seems dead atm.

The Developer(s) have many other mods, Tantares for instance to attend to.

Edited by Noah_Blade
spelling errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried the launch site in KSP 1.2.1 with the newest Kerbal Konstructs. The launch site is in the middle of the sea. How do I go about moving it back towards land?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2016 at 2:14 PM, Beale said:

this IS download for sw launchsite, right? i mean... there is no download link on the thread itself... 

also, is this mod abbandoned?

On 6/27/2016 at 7:20 PM, Third_OfFive said:

Yesss!

Also here's an update on Bealekor. It's pretty much ready to be released. Would you like me to send you the files or should I start my own thread?

g3ZFbkS.png

that looks amazing! where can i download it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

that looks amazing! where can i download it?

I'm working on improving the buildings and adding more, will release it when finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.