[WIP] [1.1.2] DIRECT - Super-Heavy Launchers - REVAMP RELEASE

benjee10

21 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Add me to the list of people curious about the progress of this mod is. I am gonna throw it into my save to see if its working, i don't forsee it not because its just a parts pack but I would like to know if its still being developed because its so beautiful.

Benjee has been busy lately with some real life work. :) I don't forsee anything being added to the pack but hopefully it continues to work.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Benjee has been busy lately with some real life work. :) I don't forsee anything being added to the pack but hopefully it continues to work.

I've been using it seems like it's all good. Beautiful parts and super useful for colony building. 

3 hours ago, sp1989 said:

I've been using it seems like it's all good. Beautiful parts and super useful for colony building. 

Depending on your preferences, there were/are some patches posted up the thread, circa nov 20 for adjusting the ratios used for these tanks c.f. other hydrogen using mods.

They are nice tanks though!

• 1 month later...

I have added some interstage nodes (with accompanying truss) to the DIRECT fairings, with the help of @IronCretin's fairing node calculator

The combined maintenance patches I've provided can be found here, with a Community Tech Tree support patch here.

EDIT: Combined patches and moved to here

Edited by PocketBrotector

20 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

I have added some interstage nodes (with accompanying truss) to the DIRECT fairings, with the help of @IronCretin's fairing node calculator

The combined maintenance patches I've provided can be found here, with a Community Tech Tree support patch here.

As I haven't looked back into the thread - are these updates on the existing patches or add on to them?

On 4/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, rasta013 said:

As I haven't looked back into the thread - are these updates on the existing patches or add on to them?

It's the combined and updated version of everything I've provided to date (and looking back, I think I'm the only one who's been providing patches). So if you just have DIRECT itself and this, you'll have everything I have. If you want to use LH2, you'll want CryoEngines; and if you have CTT, you'll want the DIRECT_CTT patch I linked to above.

EDIT: combined all support patches and moved them to here

• 4 weeks later...

Jupiter V!

Spoiler

jzhtGRj.jpg

Boasting 31 LH2O-fed SSMEs and 8 five-segment SRBs, it can lift 1000 tons to orbit. (A Jupiter III with 19 SSMEs and 4 SRBs can move a comparatively paltry 600 tons to LKO.)

Also, a Korolev cross made of shuttle EFTs is pretty neat...

Spoiler

JFn2DFg.jpg

eft korolev

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 11:04 PM, Deimos Rast said:

No worries mate, this is a treat to play with as it is!

I actually came here to post a question about the ratios on the B-Series tanks, since it was way off the usual LH2/Ox norm. Turns out it's actually LF/Ox. Funny that. :rolleyes:

As an aside, does anyone know of a good IVA for the Orion? All the ones I've tried don't match that well.

Are you referring to this pod?

aFzHw06.png?1

Because I know an IVA mod that seems to work just great for this pod! :) 

14 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Don't be coy

MK1-2 IVA Replacement by ASET   seemed to work just fine with this pod as well as the Mk1-2 Pod, I only got a glimpse, but I didn't see anything wrong when I tried it out for this pod. The IVA replacement is available on CKAN as well, I recommend installing it that way if you aren't all that familiar with installing. 

9 minutes ago, ISE said:

MK1-2 IVA Replacement by ASET   seemed to work just fine with this pod as well as the Mk1-2 Pod, I only got a glimpse, but I didn't see anything wrong when I tried it out for this pod. The IVA replacement is available on CKAN as well, I recommend installing it that way if you aren't all that familiar with installing. 

Oh... well, yeah, the DIRECT Orion uses the stock Mk1-2 IVA as a placeholder, so anything that replaces the Mk1-2 IVA will affect the Orion.

But the windows will still be in the wrong place & too small, not to mention that the Mk1-2 only has three seats while the Orion has six...

1 minute ago, PocketBrotector said:

Oh... well, yeah, the DIRECT Orion uses the stock Mk1-2 IVA as a placeholder, so anything that replaces the Mk1-2 IVA will affect the Orion.

But the windows will still be in the wrong place & too small, not to mention that the Mk1-2 only has three seats while the Orion has six...

I did not think of that..... what if you were to go into the cfgs for the prion pod and change it to only have 3 seats? and for the windows hmmm I see your point. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.