[1.3] Procedural Wings

Crzyrndm

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Question. What would cause the procedural wings, such as the PWing B9 PH to produce downforce rather than lift??

Thanks

Negative AoA. Shape is not simulated (straight bottom vs curved top of wing) neither is modeled in game. On higher speeds it is of less influence, compared to AoA.

So, you need to design wings to push plane down instead of up. You might need more than one wing surface for that, to avoid flipng of craft. Also be careful with downforce, too much and your wheels will explode.

42 minutes ago, worir4 said:

I can't seem to get any of it to work. I can place the parts but that's all. Non of the keys seem to do anything.

I am playing in 1.1.3

Have you updated Module Manager to the latest version? (Should be at least version 2.6.25)

2 hours ago, Fizwalker said:

Have you updated Module Manager to the latest version? (Should be at least version 2.6.25)

Yep, I have 2.6.7

Edit: oh wait a second. I see how this works... Thanks man i will update it. (I thought that .7 was after .25 (decimal system stuck in my brain))

Edited by worir4

6 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

This may have been asked already (apologies if it has), will we be seeing a compatible KSP 1.2 version of this mod?

Cheers!

KSP 1.2 isn't even released yet. Only the pre-release version is up for download, and that changes daily. There isn't a point in updating it yet. With that in mind, we'll see it after 1.2 is officially released, and when Crzyrndm has the time to do the work.

2 hours ago, Fizwalker said:

KSP 1.2 isn't even released yet. Only the pre-release version is up for download, and that changes daily. There isn't a point in updating it yet. With that in mind, we'll see it after 1.2 is officially released, and when Crzyrndm has the time to do the work.

Well aware that 1.2 aint out yet. Was inquiring as to whether or not the mod dev intended to continue work on it come 1.2.

Probably.  Nothing in the first post saying that the guys maintaining this are leaving (One of them, NathanKell works for Squad, soooo.......), or that they are looking for someone to take over the mod.... And have been since 1.0 at least.  Normally though it takes them a little bit to get it updated (This isn't their only mod, so it gets done in the order they do them.)  Oh they're very good at keeping the community informed if they're not going to work on a project further.

I am sorry if I sounded like a prick earlier, I misread your post.

There will be an update for 1.2. I don't like "encouraging" people to use the pre-release as just another release (ie. it's there for testing, not playing...), hence no mod update until 1.2 is the current release version

Edited by Crzyrndm

• 3 weeks later...

How does one adjust the size and shape of the parts? I downloaded it earlier, because I saw "elliptical wings" in the description and HAD TO HAVE IT but, pressing "J" while hovering the cursor over the part I want to adjust does nothing. It seems likely that I have missed missed some important information.

J is for the B9 window, these you modify by holding T to modify tip width/thickness, G to modify length and tip offset, and B to modify base width and thickness. While holding the key, move the mouse along the axis of the wing aligned to the property you wish to modify

17 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

J is for the B9 window, these you modify by holding T to modify tip width/thickness, G to modify length and tip offset, and B to modify base width and thickness. While holding the key, move the mouse along the axis of the wing aligned to the property you wish to modify

Thanks!

IIRC similar thing was with IR parts. I think that only deploy(extended) thing is reverted, usual pitch/yaw/roll behave properly.
For deployed control surfaces, you can revert direction on only one side without symetry. Although, it is pain when you need to de-attach whole wing in symetry mode again.

Since we seem to be doing this already, All relevant procedural wings links are now in this thread

On topic: Mirroring is an ongoing fight. Something isn't set up quite right and so KSP doesn't actually mirror those control surfaces at all and I am out of ideas at the moment (the last B9 update was aimed at fixing the shape not mirroring and that atleast appears to have been successful...)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.