[1.3] Procedural Wings

Crzyrndm

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:40 PM, Crzyrndm said:

Since we seem to be doing this already, All relevant procedural wings links are now in this thread

On topic: Mirroring is an ongoing fight. Something isn't set up quite right and so KSP doesn't actually mirror those control surfaces at all and I am out of ideas at the moment (the last B9 update was aimed at fixing the shape not mirroring and that atleast appears to have been successful...)

The "All moving" control surfaces appear to be working correctly. Out of sheer curiosity. What is different between the wing control surface and the all moving surfaces, as far as setup?

On 11/19/2016 at 8:17 PM, V8jester said:

The "All moving" control surfaces appear to be working correctly. Out of sheer curiosity. What is different between the wing control surface and the all moving surfaces, as far as setup?

AFAIK, the "all moving"  ones have all 3 (yaw,pitch,roll) baked right into the part. Therefore you can have a wing with built in control surfaces. Saves on part count :P

On aside note, this is my first post since the 6 month Kerbal break. I welcome to get to know you and all the new faces here at Kerbalspaceprogram.com ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/12/7 at 5:19 AM, Supergamervictor said:

Some of my wings are shorter when transferring to 1.2.1 due to wing length limited to 8 only. Especially the control surfaces. Thanks @Crzyrndm for maintaining this mod, please take your time.

Same!! all the wing spec are the same as in 1.1.3 but some how the wing is shorter in 1.2.1. I didn't know about the length limit, but in the B9PWing mod it seems that all the control sliders are limited to one scale.. I can no longer click the little rectangular button to change the scale of the slider when its at maximum. Don't know if this is a game limitation or a bug in the mod.

2 hours ago, bekoyim23 said:

Same!! all the wing spec are the same as in 1.1.3 but some how the wing is shorter in 1.2.1. I didn't know about the length limit, but in the B9PWing mod it seems that all the control sliders are limited to one scale.. I can no longer click the little rectangular button to change the scale of the slider when its at maximum. Don't know if this is a game limitation or a bug in the mod.

Its simply a feature/extension by 01010101lz's fork. I pm'ed Crzyrndm about it, he's really busy so we'll have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Crzyrndm I just heard procedural wings from 01010101lz was merged with this procedural wings. But I can't see anywhere align with back/forward edges or shaping by degrees sliders. It weren't implemented yet or it won't be implemented?

Edited by Toonu

• 4 weeks later...

@Crzyrndm It looks like B9 P-wings is having a mirroring issue in 1.2.2 with toggling control surfaces. The gimbaling works flawlessly but to toggle flaps / airbrakes it acts like it is in radial symmetry. Strangely enough, I imported a craft from 1.0.5 grabbed an assembled wing in mass off the plane. Reattached in mirror symmetry and some control surfaces work as they did in 1.0.5 but other are borked. This only affects flaps and air brakes so it's not a major issue from a playability standpoint. Just a minor nuisance.

I've been using the Procedural Dynamics wings (noob so I figured it was simpler then the B9 version) and noticed that the CoL changes very little no matter how large I make the wing or move it around; where as If I use a stock wing part I can achieve much greater lift in the same location.  Is it not working correctly for me? 

After installing the Dev version of Farram aerospace from Github it seems to have broken B9 procedural wings. one's i previously made show in the editor, but when launched end up the basic rectangle they start as and they seem to have zero aero properties. when i click show wing data, all values are at 0. when i create a new wing no menu comes up if i right click on it. 

clicking J on a wing does nothing.

I've been looking but I've not seen anybody else mention this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 11:39 AM, joebopie said:

After installing the Dev version of Farram aerospace from Github it seems to have broken B9 procedural wings. one's i previously made show in the editor, but when launched end up the basic rectangle they start as and they seem to have zero aero properties. when i click show wing data, all values are at 0. when i create a new wing no menu comes up if i right click on it. 

clicking J on a wing does nothing.

I've been looking but I've not seen anybody else mention this.

I've been using B9 Procedural Wings with the dev build of FAR just fine, so it might be another problem.

However...

Without FAR, the CoL indicator in the SPH doesn't respond to changes in wing Offset. Everything else changes it, but I can sweep the wings all the way back and forth, and while CoM shifts with them, CoL doesn't, which has produced some radically unstable craft, that appeared perfectly stable in the editor.

B9 PWings are 1.2.2 compatible (as of today anyway) with some known issues that shouldn't be obvious unless you use one as a flap (don't...)
I need to check the originals don't have the same issue that was just fixed (and port Boris's stock patch) when I get the chance so they may not be compatible with stock aero (FAR shouldn't be affected)

@Crzyrndm sup.

I've noticed an issue with some of my mods that involves mirrored control surfaces. If a control surface is mirrored using symmetry, then its 'deployed' direction is opposite.

If you have 2 mirrored control surfaces and you set them to 'deploy' one will point up and one will point down and you can't invert one as they are mirrored. This does not affect normal control such as roll and pitch. But it seems you are already aware of this. :P 

This isn't the only mod to be affected.

Hope you can get it fixed soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Do the B9 wings work correctly with stock aero ATM? I noticed some weird behaviour in the editor, namely the dimensions in the engineer report did not always update correctly, as if the wings were never resized in GUI.

They should work as expected in flight and engineers report data is not used for flight characteristics. IIRC, the engineers report doesn't seem to allow for shrinking parts which leads to errors when small winglets are used

I'm probably doing something stupid, but I'm on ksp version 1.2.2 and it always says that it's not compatible with the current version of the game.

Anyone else got this problem?

*Edit* I got it working anyway.

Edited by elokuva
fixed it myself

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.