[1.3] Procedural Wings

Crzyrndm

12 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Might be something for @JPLRepo to have a peek at? (Sorry for the ping, pal :) ). I don't recall writing it to care about negative inputs, but it's quite possible I screwed up.

@Crzyrndm @NathanKell So the question is the engineers report about vessel height yeah? and having possible negative values and IPartSizeModifier? Shall take a look.

@JPLRepo

IPartSizeModifier and negative values (ie. for a part smaller than its default size). The height thing is a consequence of the current setup thinking it's always at least 4x4x0.2m
@NathanKell
Good idea, but it would require someone other than me. The part icons (and related sizing) run on the raw model, which tbh I do not have the time to work out how to modify. Modifying the plugin to suit would be relatively easy, but that's the extent of my skills and time

Edited by Crzyrndm

Rescale factor did work and was simple to account for. It does have a side effect though... (part and plugin changes have been uploaded to github, it should work with any rescale factor now so if 0.4m minimum isn't small enough, just go lower)

Edited by Crzyrndm

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to have the control surfaces swept, so that the edges of them are parallel to the flight?  I can do that with wings, but not apparently control surfaces.  Looks kind of odd to have the control surface sticking out from the back of the wing, with the edges at right angles to the wing rather than in line with the direction of travel.

This is without using FAR, so I'm using the first download

Edited by linuxgurugamer

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Might I suggest that you add the information to the description as to how to alter the dimensions?  I just started using this (again), and it took a while to figure out the special keys.

It's there?

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any way to have the control surfaces swept, so that the edges of them are parallel to the flight?  I can do that with wings, but not apparently control surfaces.  Looks kind of odd to have the control surface sticking out from the back of the wing, with the edges at right angles to the wing rather than in line with the direction of travel.

This is without using FAR, so I'm using the first download

The deformation of the original PWings is quite fixed as it relies quite heavily on Unity objects. You'll have to use the B9 version for this behaviour (which works just fine in stock AFAIK, just like the originals should work just fine in FAR?)

I have both mods on this forum and the top one works great but the B9 one does not work. I followed all of the directions on how to operate and I'm fairly positive that I downloaded it correctly but I do not have a tap in the bottom right and clicking j doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

What does mouseover mean? Can someone explain the controls please/ Thanks.

1. attach wing on craft as any other stock wing
  2. put mouse cursor over procedural wing to highlight it (that mouseover mean)
  3. while wing is attached press "j" to open additional menu in case of B9 procedural wings
  4. in case of older procedural wing type, press and hold keys to strech out/srink wing ("B","T","G") and move mouse while keeping coresponding key pressed.

Once you try it in game it will be much understandable than anyone can describe in words.

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:
  1. attach wing on craft as any other stock wing
  2. put mouse cursor over procedural wing to highlight it (that mouseover mean)
  3. while wing is attached press "j" to open additional menu in case of B9 procedural wings
  4. in case of older procedural wing type, press and hold keys to strech out/srink wing ("B","T","G") and move mouse while keeping coresponding key pressed.

Once you try it in game it will be much understandable than anyone can describe in words.

OK I believe I understand. Is there a version of B9 for 1.3?

On 05. 08. 2017. at 10:15 PM, Kerbal Gamer said:

OK I believe I understand. Is there a version of B9 for 1.3?

Links for both, thread and download link is in OP.
Here is download link. This thread should hold more recent news regarding development of both procedural wing types.

Edited by kcs123

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but when I try to deploy mirrored b9 procedural control surfaces, they deploy opposite of each other.  One goes up and the other goes down.  Is there a way to fix this?  The normal pitch, yaw, and roll controls work fine, this only happens when I try to deploy them.

On 8/14/2017 at 6:58 AM, Hydrothermalventclam said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but when I try to deploy mirrored b9 procedural control surfaces, they deploy opposite of each other.  One goes up and the other goes down.  Is there a way to fix this?  The normal pitch, yaw, and roll controls work fine, this only happens when I try to deploy them.

You can set one of them inverted deploy I believe.

25 minutes ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

You can set one of them inverted deploy I believe.

No, you can't. It would invert both and they'd still go in opposite directions. It's a known bug, it just hasn't been fixed for the most recent version as of yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.