[1.3] Procedural Wings

Crzyrndm

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys! I am having an issue with B9 Procedural Wings and was wondering if anyone could help me :$ I am running the mod in 1.2.2 and I have lost the ability to tweak my wings using the swept-angle defining mode - I am using version 0.40.12 of the B9 Procedural Wings Fork mod, which was automagically installed by CKAN.

any ideas what I might be missing to recover the swept-angle feature?

also, I noticed the maximum lengths for all parameters are now limited - I used to be able to freely tweak these values without limits - I believe these features came from the following mod - @Crzyrndm @01010101lzy any ideas of what might be happening?

EDIT: OK, so I figured out I had been using B9-PWings-Fork-old version v0.3.2H in 1.1.3 which contains the swept-angle feature and the limitless lenghts - any hints on how to make this work under 1.2.2? :$

many thanks in advance!

Edited by hypervelocity

On 2017/8/31 at 4:53 AM, hypervelocity said:

hi guys! I am having an issue with B9 Procedural Wings and was wondering if anyone could help me :$ I am running the mod in 1.2.2 and I have lost the ability to tweak my wings using the swept-angle defining mode - I am using version 0.40.12 of the B9 Procedural Wings Fork mod, which was automagically installed by CKAN.

any ideas what I might be missing to recover the swept-angle feature?

also, I noticed the maximum lengths for all parameters are now limited - I used to be able to freely tweak these values without limits - I believe these features came from the following mod - @Crzyrndm @01010101lzy any ideas of what might be happening?

EDIT: OK, so I figured out I had been using B9-PWings-Fork-old version v0.3.2H in 1.1.3 which contains the swept-angle feature and the limitless lenghts - any hints on how to make this work under 1.2.2? :$

many thanks in advance!

You may download the source code and recompile a version compatible with 1.2.

(I do not have enough time to work on this)

15 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

Many thanks @01010101lzy!!! I very much appreciate your response!

Sadly I wouldn't know how to go about and re-compiling the source code for 1.2.2 - is there any tutorials or useful data I could get in order to learn how to do so? If not I will ask around the forum

Download Visual Studio and replace the dlls used in this project with newer ones (from [KSP Dir]\KSP_Data\Managed] and fix all errors mentioned in the editor, then compile the whole project. If it still doesn't work, try looking on commits Crzyrndm did in his Github Repository when upgrading to 1.2.2 and redo them in this project.

--That's all I could help. You could leave a link of your 1.2.2-compatible version in my thread if you want.

Edited by 01010101lzy

I saw someplace in an old thread a mention that procedural panels were going to be included in Procedural Wings, but if so I haven't found them. I ended up using wings for this which worked out, but some procedural panels with a few texture options would be really handy. I do have some very nice non-procedural panels someone made that I also use here, but I'd prefer not to as the edges look like plywood, not exactly in keeping with space vehicles.

VhJ8FdBl.png

So am I missing them? If not, any chance of ones being made? I don't have time to set myself up for modding KSP but I could do some textures easily enough.

On 9/9/2017 at 8:32 PM, Motokid600 said:

Everytime I hit J to bring up the ui it resets the orientation of the control surface I place. Anyway to stop that?

It did that to me for a while, too. Turned out to be a keymaping collision between the procedural wings plugin and some "auto-align" plugin I'd tried to straighten out landing gear -- they were both looking for "j", so when I pressed it, the procedural wings plugin would pull up its config window and the other plugin would align the part.

That was a while ago, though. There might be some other issue now.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

hmmm after playing around with this I just have to wonder? do they come in black? some of us like the stealth look 

No, but you can choose same black tileset texture on both, bottom and upper part of wing. That is close to what you are looking for.

1 hour ago, mindseyemodels said:

UUUM I have a problem...what you told me isn't working

You need to change "Material" like on picture below. This is screenshot from KSP 1.2.1., but I don't think it is changed at all in this regard for KSP 1.3.

PwaJTMh.jpg

35 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

are there plans for procedural structural panels? because wings can sometimes provide unnecessary hassle with center of lift and stuff 

I think a simple MM patch could do this:

+PART[Proceduralwing2]
{
        @name = ProceduralPanel2
        @title = Panel part of yet to be determined shape, size, mass and other measurements aswell.
        -MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}
        -MODULE[FARWingAerodynamicModel] {}
}

(Be warned, I didn't test it)

1 minute ago, whale_2 said:

I think a simple MM patch could do this:

+PART[Proceduralwing2]
{
        @name = ProceduralPanel2
        @title = Panel part of yet to be determined shape, size, mass and other measurements aswell.
        -MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}
        -MODULE[FARWingAerodynamicModel] {}
}

(Be warned, I didn't test it)

but for those of us not fluent in coding I am not yet but I am planning on learning it after my tr-3b model is complete(it still has a ways to go but it is on hiatus until I can get someone to help by providing ideas via discord because instant communication is best communication) as for that patch I think for those without the time or skill a simple addition to the addon from the creator would be their better option also about all the stuff listed I am eventually going to learn what all that stuff means but not yet as I am saving that bit of learning for after my models are complete

Just now, whale_2 said:

Is a bit hard to call this "coding". Just put that lines into some file with .cfg extension and drop somewhere under GameData.

that's the problem I don't know what the hell that means because I see someone talk about files and they expect me to automatically know what they are talking about when I have zero idea what to do and I think vids would be a better option because then I could see what you mean because some things its easier to learn through sight then by reading it somewhere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.