[1.3] Procedural Wings

Crzyrndm

1 hour ago, Arcanejack said:

Hey, I remember have more precise controls for the wing parameters when last using this mod, I believe mouseover + J brought up a menu. Can anyone confirm if this is still a feature in this mod or if I have this completely backwards?

It is stll a thing. But for B9 variant of procedural wings. You need to be aware that there is two similar procedural wing mod. One that allow you to construct large wings from just one piece - continuation of first procedural wing mod. And other mod is B9 procedural wing that have limit on wing part size, but with additional features on "J" key.

1 hour ago, Arcanejack said:

Hey, I remember have more precise controls for the wing parameters when last using this mod, I believe mouseover + J brought up a menu. Can anyone confirm if this is still a feature in this mod or if I have this completely backwards?

that is a feature of the B9 Procedural Wings mod

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MightyDarkStar said:

Any word on the B9 P Wings? I don't really have an incentive to play the game without them working ngl ( ;_;)

well, a simple rebuild did not work for me... So if somebody is to take it over, there will be some work to be done...... It builds fine, but does not work in game......

On 20/03/2018 at 2:26 AM, Acvila said:

No, this one

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/ProceduralWings/releases

but you don't have graphic configuration, just mouse over and then press T, G and B for adjustments. you need to keep them pressed, not just click. 

Gave it a try and it works! HOWEVER, the wings only. The control "mk2 control surface", which is the only one good-looking enough to use, gives no control input whatsoever. So the wings do provide lift (yeay!), but the control surface provides no control - MEANING, they do swing around visually, but the control in non-existent. I haven't even tested the other control surface there, it's a tremendous eyesoare, but I imagine it does not work too.

With other stock or modded control surfaces, though, the wings works like a charm in 1.4.2:

83gGHnp.png

Now, @Acvila, when you say the other one does not work, I have it installed (from CKAN, granted), and it does work, kinda, but the appearance is all screwy... the bottom of the wing is transparent. Is that the same issue you are  getting? I would sure love that one to work, it is (or was) a very valid choice for procedural wings. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

6 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Gave it a try and it works! HOWEVER, the wings only. The control "mk2 control surface", which is the only one good-looking enough to use, gives no control input whatsoever. So the wings do provide lift (yeay!), but the control surface provides no control - MEANING, they do swing around visually, but the control in non-existent. I haven't even tested the other control surface there, it's a tremendous eyesoare, but I imagine it does not work too.

With other stock or modded control surfaces, though, the wings works like a charm in 1.4.2:

83gGHnp.png

Now, @Acvila, when you say the other one does not work, I have it installed (from CKAN, granted), and it does work, kinda, but the appearance is all screwy... the bottom of the wing is transparent. Is that the same issue you are  getting? I would sure love that one to work, it is (or was) a very valid choice for procedural wings. 

for me pcontrolsurface mark 1 are working well and they are nice, i think you used wings mark 2 and thinking they are control surface. yeah b9 control surface are ugly, but if you make them thin, will look better. just use control surface mark 1 and for tail all moving pwing mark 1. B9 wings, i can't modify them, they are not transparent, but no possibility to change anything. i use ksp 1.4.1 dx 11 with shadow mage patch for dx 11. however, i like pwings better, they are lighter i think :)

5 hours ago, Acvila said:

for me pcontrolsurface mark 1 are working well and they are nice, i think you used wings mark 2 and thinking they are control surface

No. I've been using this mod for years and should know the difference between the control surface and the all-moving wing. I'm telling you, they move allright,  in other words,  the animations work,  but they provide no actual control. If I see them moving, they couldnt be tbe wing parts, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway,  you did shed some light over this. If they work for you,  there must be something wrong with my install. Are you using some dependency to make it work? What about your MM version?

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

No. I've been using this mod for years and should know the difference between the control surface and the all-moving wing. I'm telling you, they move allright,  in other words,  the animations work,  but they provide no actual control. If I see them moving, they couldnt be tbe wing parts, right? :rolleyes:

Anyway,  you did shed some light over this. If they work for you,  there must be something wrong with my install. Are you using some dependency to make it work? What about your MM version?

no dependency, ksp 1.4.1 with latest MM 3.0.6, i think i installed it through ckan enabling compatibility for 1.3. procedural wings vers. 0.12.2. Pcontrol surface mark 1 work perfect for me, i can use them like flaps(brakes) or control, no problem.

Edited by Acvila

1 hour ago, Acvila said:

no dependency, ksp 1.4.1 with latest MM 3.0.6, i think i installed it through ckan enabling compatibility for 1.3. procedural wings vers. 0.12.2. Pcontrol surface mark 1 work perfect for me, i can use them like flaps(brakes) or control, no problem.

Weird that I can't. I mean,  I can configure them for the apropriate axis,  but they do nothing. Something I have must be creating a conflict!

Edited by Daniel Prates

The 1.3 one does NOT, in fact, work for 1.4
The basics work, but restricting the range for ailerons and other important features just don't work.
Also, saved craft doesn't load the procedural bits and they can't be selected.

Also... I really think pwings is just not as good as b9s. :/

Edited by innociv

4 hours ago, innociv said:

The 1.3 one does NOT, in fact, work for 1.4
The basics work, but restricting the range for ailerons and other important features just don't work.

My tests appear to confirm - a lack of ability to adjust control authority and also to inactivate specific rotation axes.

Also, saved craft doesn't load the procedural bits and they can't be selected.

Saved craft seem to load just "fine" for me?

Also... I really think pwings is just not as good as b9s. :/

True :(

Yeah it wasn't the save that was broken.  It turns out that adding Kramax Auto Pilot broke the wings, for some reason.  Removing that mod folder has them working again.

Guess I'll have to wait for a proper update of both.

I have just now discovered that the KSP 1.3 version of pWings is also doing unacceptable things to the drag of the parent part in KSP 1.4.2.
Guess we will both have to wait for proper updates!

16 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I have released a new version of B9-PWings compatible with KSP 1.4.X .

You can find it here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/v0.50

B9-PWings  is a very important mod for me so I decided to fixed it.

I want you to know you are basically my favorite person right now. Minor problem, though: the offset function is very sensitive for the control surfaces, and seems to jump in much larger increments. Is there any way to tone them down a bit?

16 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I have released a new version of B9-PWings compatible with KSP 1.4.X .

You can find it here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/B9-PWings-Fork/releases/tag/v0.50

B9-PWings  is a very important mod for me so I decided to fixed it.

Thank you for updating this! question though, is FAR still a requirement for this, as it says on the front page here? Or, is it simply saying that FAR Vx.x.x needs to be used, if using it at all.

22 minutes ago, Javascap said:

I want you to know you are basically my favorite person right now. Minor problem, though: the offset function is very sensitive for the control surfaces, and seems to jump in much larger increments. Is there any way to tone them down a bit?

yeah this has been a problem, had to replace the control surfaces on all of my aircraft

3 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Thank you for updating this! question though, is FAR still a requirement for this, as it says on the front page here? Or, is it simply saying that FAR Vx.x.x needs to be used, if using it at all.

As far as I know. FAR is not required :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.