[1.3] Procedural Wings

Crzyrndm

Thanks for the info, alas that's too technical for me. I can build engines out of rocket parts but I don't understand programming languages.

I have opened Blender with your .mu importer ... now I just need to figure out why I can't see the model.

Apparently it has something to do with the model itself, since a different, non-procedural model is visible.

Edit: I won't use Blender again. Ridiculous program. Trying with Unity.

Edited by Azimech

Azimech: Oh, darn. I forgot. My importer doesn't support skinned meshes yet. Unfortunately, I'm busy fighting with EL's recycler code so fixing that or doing up a suitable script for you will have to wait.

Thank you for your time :-) Maybe instead of a script someone who's proficient in these things can adapt PWing2, add the texture and add it as an extra in the mod?

I think A LOT of people would be eternally thankful - FAR compatible cockpits and fuselages with real windows, made by the users themselves.

Here's an example of struts giving the idea of a cockpit frame & windows. Imagine soft bronze tinted glass :-)

we1Lrby.png

Edited by Azimech

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm having the same problem a couple of other people have reported about placing wings and then being unable to change their shape or remove them.

Here's my output log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0IvQ0TbDcGORGFYTFNSZ3Fla0k

Any clue as to what went wrong? I really love this mod (the stock wings are frankly feeble when trying to build heavy aircraft), so I'd really like to be able to use this mod!

If you need any more help, just ask :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue while using procedural wings with far. The aircraft all fly crooked in level flight, all banked a few degrees to the left. When I turn on aerodynamic forces, there's a distinct and strong diagonal lift force from the root of the left wing only. It angles up and to the right of the aircraft at a 45 degree angle. Upwards lift on both wings is as it should be. This is a fairly fresh install of kerbal with rss, rp-0, far, etc and this only happens with procedural wings. There aren't any hidden surfaces causing this lift component as it happens even with a very basic, fresh design and few parts. Help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having an issue while using procedural wings with far. The aircraft all fly crooked in level flight, all banked a few degrees to the left. When I turn on aerodynamic forces, there's a distinct and strong diagonal lift force from the root of the left wing only. It angles up and to the right of the aircraft at a 45 degree angle. Upwards lift on both wings is as it should be. This is a fairly fresh install of kerbal with rss, rp-0, far, etc and this only happens with procedural wings. There aren't any hidden surfaces causing this lift component as it happens even with a very basic, fresh design and few parts. Help is appreciated!

It would appear these have developed fat mirrored wing syndrome when used with FAR. ferram4 has fixed this before, so I guess w/e he changed in the latest version didn't only affect the B9 PWings

I'm wondering, why use this when there is B9 procedural wings? What is so good about each?

PWings:

• Unrestricted dimensions (whether that is a good or bad thing I don't really want to weigh in on.)
  • Simplicity

B9 PWings

• Appearance customisation
  • Granular shape customisation
  • Repeatability
  • Fueled

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Thank you for the awesome mod, I have been using it since 0.90 

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a radiator module that would react accordingly to the size of the wing. I have been messing around with MM a lot, but this is above my understanding as i dont have any clue of how a dll is built. 

So, there is probably a bunch of equations in the dll that determine the weight of the wing depending on its general shape and size, is it possible to add a line there and output maybe two new arbitrary variable, like fuel volume and radiator capacity, that could be used by a tank or radiator module if it needs to? 

I'm quite unsure if it's possible thought, MM is patching everything at loading, and it seems like Pwing dll is outputing the weight value in the VAB. So it means that the dll would need to output a radiator capacity value in the VAB as well, could it be as simple as copying the line, multiplying by a ratio, and giving the value a name. Or do we have to code a whole bunch of stuff to make sure the value get outputed in the right field ? 

Anyways, It would be great to have such an option, as much as a compatibility with interstellar fuel switch (wich would probably require the same kind of work ) 

Hi Crzyrndm and thanks for updating my favorite wings mod, and DYI for making it.

I have made a video of the mod within my KSP Mod Spotlight series

If you like it feel free to use it on your forum page :-). Keep up the great work

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.