Top Gun AI - The Official Tournament Thread

Yes it does, my fighter has been reoptimized. Faster, with both heat seeking and anti radar countermeasures, along with a radome. State of the art fighter.

I saw a WIP radar nosecone for fighters. Is that in the update? It looked very nice.

The AWACs dish is fascinating, how to use that in full AI scenarios...?

The satisfaction of a correct analysis and hypothesis :P

Thanky you! I will use my awesome skillz to keep betting ...

Budgie vs. Hobgoblin -> Hobgoblin

XMF vs. Airframe -> XMF

XMF vs. Hobgoblin -> XMF, very close

The problem is that the new update doesn't have working AI. We might need to use the old version for this.

I guess the current tournament has to be finished with the old version, but until the next one BD should have released an AI fixing update (he said he´ll do so soon).

Thanky you! I will use my awesome skillz to keep betting ...

Budgie vs. Hobgoblin -> Hobgoblin

XMF vs. Airframe -> XMF

XMF vs. Hobgoblin -> XMF, very close

I guess the current tournament has to be finished with the old version, but until the next one BD should have released an AI fixing update (he said he´ll do so soon).

Hopefully.

Also, if the Hobgoblin wins, it fights my Blizzard.

We have a sort of rivalry. We did some unofficial matches and he won the first, I fixed up my plane, won the second... and this will be the tie breaker :P

Unfortunately I submitted my older version of the Blizzard, and not the Blizzard II, so lol

Nice tactic from the budgie there (flying so high enemy planes don´t get air anymore :)), just sad it didn´t really work. Is the Budgie an SSTO? ´Cause I saw RAPIERs there.

But one question: In the video I saw 2 wins for the Hobgoblin (battle 1 and 3) and one draw (battle 2). So how can the budgie (according to the challonge bracket) have won 5-1?

Nice tactic from the budgie there (flying so high enemy planes don´t get air anymore :))...

I noticed that during some test matches I ran between myAirframe 88-92 vs. Budgie.

During one match, one Budgie zoomed up to 8000m and began circling and leftthe one remaining damaged 88-92 in its dust. The 88-92 went into a verticalchase limping on its one remaining engine and blasting both GAUs straight up.After some sustained fire, Budgie bits came raining down from heaven. It wasbeautiful.

I'm predicting that my Falcon won't do too hot against the Budgie... 4 (Correction: 2) engines vs 1 seems a little one-sided.

But I guess I can make a full prediction...

Round F: XMF vs Air-Fram (XMF moves on to H, Air-Fram goes to N)

Round G: Blizzard vs Hobgoblin (Blizz moves to H, Hobgoblin moves to O)

Round K: Budgie vs Falcon (Budgie move to L, Falcon is ELIMINATED)

Round L: Budgie vs Subat (Budgie moves to N, Subat is ELIMINATED)

Round M: Peregrine vs Fighter Pod (Peregrine moves to O, Fighter Pod is ELIMINATED)

Round N: Budgie vs Air-Fram (Budgie moves to P, Air-Fram is ELIMINATED)

Round O: Hobgoblin vs Peregrine (Hobgoblin move to P, Peregrine is ELIMINATED) [Only about 50% sure on this one]

Round H: XMF vs Blizzard (XMF moves to I, Blizzard moves to Q)

Round P: Hobgoblin vs Budgie (Hobgoblin moves to Q, Budgie is ELIMINATED)

Round Q: Blizzard vs Hobgoblin (Blizzard moves to I, Hobgoblin is ELIMINATED)

Round I: XMF vs Blizzard (XMF WINS TOURNAMENT, Blizzard places SECOND)

Edited by Slam_Jones

I loved this one. I've never seen them collide...from behind. The Hobgoblin must have serious TWR to chase down the Budgie like that (have I got them the right way round? I think videos need a little intro to let people know what plane is what and by whom.)

It was also a useful test of whether high altitude was a cheaty exploit.

It assuredly was not.

I loved this one. I've never seen them collide...from behind. The Hobgoblin must have serious TWR to chase down the Budgie like that (have I got them the right way round? I think videos need a little intro to let people know what plane is what and by whom.)

It was also a useful test of whether high altitude was a cheaty exploit.

It assuredly was not.

The Budgie is the longer, flatter one, and the Hobgoblin has the thinner wings with 3 missiles at the end of each. I believe the Budgie is shown first.

But I agree, a brief window popping up with the name and creator when showing each jet for the first time would not be uncalled for.

Edited by Slam_Jones

Er chaps, should you not have told me before you disabled two of the engines...

I get it, the rules are evolving. But I didn't realise that you were going to kill half of it. No wonder it did so facking badly, it was missing half its power. The point of that airframe was too much power.

Edit: You'll find that if you had just reset the offset off the turbojets, all four engines would have functioned. The RAPIERS have rear attachment nodes, so its only offsetting. RAPIERS still work with stuff on the back.

Edited by FlipNascar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.