Catch of the century Class E asteroid with ~ 90% Ore

JZ6

8w7sHeX.png

Well now i can safely say i dont need to setup ore stations when i can just build a space station out of this asteroid XD

Also i have two more asteroids on a kerbin encounter course in 60-90 days, so maybe i ll build my own ring !

That's almost as good a mass ratio as a fuel tank, you should put a big ISRU propulsion unit on it and Go Places.

I second this notion, if you wanted fuel stations you can always bring in those lame class A's and then hop from one to another.

Back in my day we didn't have none of this new-fangled drilling. If we wanted to move an asteroid we had to move the whole thing with the fuel we brought along. Grumble grumble get off my lawn.

Back in my day we didn't have none of this new-fangled drilling. If we wanted to move an asteroid we had to move the whole thing with the fuel we brought along. Grumble grumble get off my lawn.

We never usta needa drill nothin and I ain't drillin nothin now! Darn youngsters and their new 'ideas', thinking they know it better... just give me a regular ol '67 and I'll run rings around these doohickeys of theirs!

That's almost as good a mass ratio as a fuel tank, you should put a big ISRU propulsion unit on it and Go Places.

Yep i already have 5 more Klaw +isru + Ore tanks+ Fuel tank+Mammoth engine asteroid landers launched, and they are all due to land on E87 in a couple of days.

My end game is to use it as a interplanetary space station!

- - - Updated - - -

I second this notion, if you wanted fuel stations you can always bring in those lame class A's and then hop from one to another.

why hop when u got one E class asteriod thats equal to a lot of A?

- - - Updated - - -

Time to get that thing into a stable orbit! That's 34 14400 tanks right there.

yep at the kerbin encounter in 63 days i will fire retro grade with 6 mammoth engines to create the third moon of kerbin!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Never thought it was possible to find such good percentages on asteroids. I'm used to 2-5% on moons...

have a look at this... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130275-Minimus-Ore-Drilling-high-Concentration-location%21

Because you have the freedom, unlike many of us, to go where you damn please. Go out there, follow your dreams! Install all the planet packs out there and then visit every single one of them!

I recommend more Rhinos instead of Mammoths as Rhinos actually have remarkable vacuum ISP though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.