[1.0.4] Sentar Expansion - A remake of Krag's PlanetFactory planets.

Borisbee

Hm, back then I got this picture by zooming out from the vessel as much as I could. I think.

http://s29.postimg.org/56iruio6v/ablate_detail_lw.png

Try to do that and see if they're the same. The weird looking Ablate from the map view was not Krag's intention. It was a remnant, and the thing you see here is how it looked like for real.

I'm not sure how did you get this PlanetFactory Ablate pqs view to look like that. :huh:

Fraid there was something wrong with your install then buddy, just did a fresh install of the old PFCE i had in backup ad this is what Ablate looked like when landed & fully zoomed out:

bH8HoMJ.png

its clearly not rounded as you claim :wink:

Planet Factory CE is not the mod being resurrected.

"The" mod, the original Krag's mod was Planet Factory. It had pretty well rendered stuff, but the models in the map views were goofy and highly approximate.

The screenshot I took back then was taken with maximum details turned on. Nothing was wrong with my installation.

Thomas is correct. My version is based on the CE PF as that was the most updated version, so that may be the confusion here. When using CE all the planets work perfectly, with everything matching up in scaled space.

I can't seem to get this to work with my current save. Some ships change what planet they are landed on or orbiting after installing this mod but they go back to normal if I uninstall it?

Sorry to ask this again, but does anyone know what's going on? Or how to fix it? It would be really cool to use Ablate and Inaccessable in my save. I have OPM installed btw. Does this have something to do with the things in the config that says "removePQSMods = ect." for minmus as a template?

I found one more error. The mod renames Gilly as Eeloo in the map view.

Also, this one not being an error, but a weird thing Krag did - Ascension's surface gravity is ridiculously high. 0.66 g. Ascension is a comet, a fluffy ball of icy rubble and it has higher surface gravity than Ablate which is a rocky vulcanoid.

Sorry to ask this again, but does anyone know what's going on? Or how to fix it? It would be really cool to use Ablate and Inaccessable in my save. I have OPM installed btw. Does this have something to do with the things in the config that says "removePQSMods = ect." for minmus as a template?

Are you saying the planets don't load at all?

- - - Updated - - -

I found one more error. The mod renames Gilly as Eeloo in the map view.

Also, this one not being an error, but a weird thing Krag did - Ascension's surface gravity is ridiculously high. 0.66 g. Ascension is a comet, a fluffy ball of icy rubble and it has higher surface gravity than Ablate which is a rocky vulcanoid.

I can't reproduce the Gilly renamed as Eeloo in my install. As far as Ascensions gravity, it's what Krag had orignally so I'm leaving it as is. If you'd like to change it for your install just edit the config to match something more suited to your liking.

Are you saying the planets don't load at all?

No they load, it's just my ships are orbiting or landed on random bodies. Like my minmus satellites are orbiting Inaccessable and my Eve rover is on Moho for example. Luckily I always make backups before installing mods like this.

I think that might be caused by the way the flightglobal indexes are calculated. I'll have to wait until later when Thomas is online to confirm.

I think it might be too, thanks for the help. Hopefully this can get working so I can explore some of these places in career! :D

I've had that happen when adding or changing planets before too. I don't know if there's any solution other than to move the objects back to their correct location with Hyperedit or savefile editing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Borisbee

Sentar Expansion compatibility patch for Galactic Network is ready, and Kopernicus 0.3.2 fixed the issues with Pock not loading.

So as soon as you change the :FINAL tag into the cfg of barney I can release an update of GN compatible with Sentar :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, still no news about this and v1.0.5? :blush:

On 12/5/2015 at 2:46 AM, ProtoJeb21 said:

I want to play golf on Pock SOOOOOO bad. Too bad the Kerbin Cup mod is discontinued, because I would've used the soccer balls as golf balls.

It's just a part mod. Those balls should still work. It's a great idea so go for it. :)

1.0.5? plz?

EDIT: I'm impatient, so I'm gonna test it.

It worked until I landed on another planet... the planet dissapeared until I removed sentar.

Edited by Andem

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2016 at 10:53 AM, Andem said:

1.0.5? plz?

EDIT: I'm impatient, so I'm gonna test it.

It worked until I landed on another planet... the planet dissapeared until I removed sentar.

did you try with kopernicus 0.6.3 ?

I haven't checked in a bit, but last time I tried it was working, (I tested to see it it was compatible with one of my mods, and it was)

@Borisbee if you plan to update the mod in the near future, could you change the planets that use :FINAL to use something else? like :AFTER[Kopernicus] for example

that would make it easier to make sentar expansion compatible with other planet packs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.