Aerodynamics Display. What do the colors mean?

The list above is correct, except that maybe "lift from lifting bodies" might be misleading. It's body lift, which is slightly different. Think of it more in terms of blutly ramming any object through the air at high enough speeds, vice a specially shaped aerodynamic body.

Also, can you be more specific about it becoming unbalanced?

Cheers,

-Claw

If you're going super fast super low, any deviation from exact prograde can have surprising and devastating results. And it's impossible to maintain exact prograde, especially when going super fast, super low.

You can mitigate this with craft design, so with luck we'll be able to help with the image.

Okay, that's asymmetric lift from the rocket fuel tanks you have there. Which is... Interesting, considering it should be on both from what I see.

I notice, however, that you have wings stuck to wings without strutting. That could be another cause of the crash.

Have you tried using more struts? Because I think you should try more struts to see if it's a rigidity problem. But that's just my .9x thinking.

Any input from someone who knows about spaceplanes?

I haven't looked into the asymmetric lines from these pictures yet, but I can say from experience that the lines from the Aero overlay aren't exactly perfect. There are instances where the lift lines will go out the side. So if the craft isn't actually reacting to the lift in that picture above, then it's not really getting asymmetric lift.

The aero overlay was a debug option that ultimately was left available for users. So while it's handy, it won't always show exactly what the forces are doing. Though I think it been improved a bit from the 1.0.0 release.

It's important to note that there are lots of effects going on at high speeds. So seeing this one picture from low speed doesn't necessarily convince me of asymmetric reactions at high speeds.

Cheers,

~Claw

The asymmetric lift from mk1 fuselage is a kind of bug I encountered myself and there are a few topics around about it.

Here you can have another example of it and here the "bug report".

My issue below. The plane actually turns left so it is basically useless.

FytPDE6.png

Edited by Signo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.