[KSP 1.0.5] [BDA 0.10.X] BDDMP [WIP]

jediminer543

ive been having issues, my server is external on good connections but where is used to be smooth even when full now it laggs if two or more people are in a subspace, ships i sused to use fie now wont run, and i ften experience intenxse slo mo, is this due to the added data size of this mod? is there anyway to mitigate this?

ive been having issues, my server is external on good connections but where is used to be smooth even when full now it laggs if two or more people are in a subspace, ships i sused to use fie now wont run, and i ften experience intenxse slo mo, is this due to the added data size of this mod? is there anyway to mitigate this?

Yes, the mod does throw large volumes of data around, it is probable that it will cause lag. I'm in the process of updating to BDA 0.9.X and while doing so, I'll see about reducing the data volume. The main issue is the update frequency, which should be easier to do during rewrite.

• 1 month later...

I'd actually forgotten about this, having been caught up in school work (GCSEs are high priority after the holidays). However everything's calmed down a bit now, so I'll try to update this soon (after I find my code)

Edited by jediminer543

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just updated to:

Version 887942c

After returning from Hiatus, I have now updated to the latest BDArmory. The mod should now support all of the combat features of BDArmory.

Bugs

• If a player is in a construction facility and another has weapons deployed, the mouse will break in interesting ways. I'm looking into a way to solve this.
  • Instrumentation isn't synced, technically a feature, but ignored as currently superfluous
  • Other players can sometimes gain control of weapons on a craft they are spectating (Again, just NYI)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Due to GCSEs (UK Secondary School Exams), I am on hiatus, but may slowly update to BDA 0.10.

Currently i have created a preliminary upload on Spacedock.info, since the original mod was lost with kerbalstuff

http://spacedock.info/mod/253/BDArmory%20DMP%20Mod

Mod will be updated Soon if easily done or later if it requires lots of time (Revision is a pain)

--EDIT--

@Toonu I'm currently working on it, but as git is difficult (and never does what you want), I've had to write the BDA side of the codebase.

Got it compiled last night before sleep, will be testing for bugs today.

--EDIT-2--

UPDATE

New version available, now using standardized versioning, name 0.5.0

Edited by jediminer543
Status update

@jediminer543 Ive got some problems, but i do not know if that's just because its not the final version or not. I go to a plane with all the necessary parts and try to bring up the weapon manager, and then it says "No weapon manager found", even though im sure that i have one. Another thing is that two tabs for BDA uppears in SPH and VAB. When I tried to degrade and reinstall the older version of BDDMP, it worked again. It is also working to run BD Armory 0.10.0 without BDDMP. I think some withing is wrong with BDDMP.

Thanks for the help.

Boltyx

@Boltyx Thanks, I'll have have a look now and see if I can find the issue.

--EDIT--

Couldn't find anything, could you send a screen shot? and preferable the /KSP_DATA/OutputLog.txt

Also:

Update: 0.5.2

• Fixed some performance issues
  • Added some scene checks to stop KSC lag
  • Limited tracer count to 20, and reduced update frequency
Edited by jediminer543
Update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23/08/2016 at 2:43 AM, Bigdcd65 said:

Why does it say "No Weapon Manager Found" I have armed it.

two possibilities: you don't have a weapon manager, even though you do have weapons (that implies you have no idea how bdarmory works, so I don't think that is the case), or there's some kind of glitch. considering that the current bdarmory version is 0.11.something and this thread says it's compatible with up to version 0.10.something, that is probably the case.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.