[1.2 - 1.4] Lithobrake Exploration Technologies 0.4 (2016-10-12)

NecroBones

3 minutes ago, eberkain said:

You would just need to use multiple ladders, if you scaled the ladder the bars would probably look too far apart. 

Granted... but then again, the bars would be just aesthetic... If the collider was lenghtened, they should still work as normal
Plus, i can think of some situations where there might not be anything to ATTACH more ladders to...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2017 at 5:15 PM, Stone Blue said:

Granted... but then again, the bars would be just aesthetic... If the collider was lenghtened, they should still work as normal
Plus, i can think of some situations where there might not be anything to ATTACH more ladders to...

You could use 2 block segments, (middle, end) the two ends are just flipped after all.  Repeat the middle block segement to form the longer ladders.
This can be done with model behavior / part editing in the part-tools or a (very) simple geometry shader.

Edited by Ruedii
clarification

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Starslinger999 said:

Hows 1.3.1 going?

I doubt this pack needs updating for 1.3.1.  It's a straight parts pack, and as far as I know there weren't any changes in how parts were built.  (Parts packs are usually immune from needing rework for every update, unless things like wheels or landing legs get worked on.  What needs updates are mods that include code modules.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

someone needs to make procedural ladders because I am building an absolutely GARGANTUAN forerunner keyship from halo in ksp(about 173 meters total height and it's still quite miniaturized) and the problem I have is the ship has the crew holding parts in the core of the ship and the ship rests on three huge stilt like legs and none of the laddrs are even CLOSE to long enough for this beast of a ship... btw this is what I am modeling my ship after 

latest?cb=20080504003421that is what my ship kinda looks like... the real thing is about 25 kilometers tall mine is only 173 meters. that core structure in the center is where the crew modules are on my ship, I tried to make the ladder run down the side of the legs but none of the ladders are big enough... btw I did use a hangar extender mod for my keyship

Is this working OK in 1.6.1?  Does it work with Restock? I'm on 1.5.1, and trying to move to 1.6.1, and this is one of the mods that seems to have been abandoned a long time ago. I have craft that absolutely depend on the legs and ladders.

4 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Is this working OK in 1.6.1?  Does it work with Restock? I'm on 1.5.1, and trying to move to 1.6.1, and this is one of the mods that seems to have been abandoned a long time ago. I have craft that absolutely depend on the legs and ladders.

Works fine for me in 1.6.1 - parts mods typically work back ages, so you can generally assume older parts will work for quite a while.   (Wheels and landing legs got reworked a few versions back, and areo got reworked in 1.0, but other than that even *really* old parts will generally work.)  I haven't tried with Restock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.