[1.2 - 1.4] Lithobrake Exploration Technologies 0.4 (2016-10-12)

NecroBones

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's only a parts pack, no code.

Like many here (yourself included) I go back to the end of 0.25 and started really playing with 0.90, so I've heard those kind of things said before.  Been there done than, and have the holes burned into my t-shirts to prove it.

KSP has taught me that Hopeful statements are Kraken bait. :D

(but in all seriousness, you're right).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Does this mod need the Firespitter Core plugin? CKAN lists it in dependencies.

Doesnt look like it? Its not mentioned in the OP... I poked a few cfgs, and didnt see any patches or modules for Firespitter... vOv

Quick way to check, if you have *this* installed, but not FS, is to scan your KSP.log for [ERROR] or [Warning].
If any of the LETech parts require FS, but FS is not installed, there will be messages in the log saying that module FS"something or other" couldnt be found

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Doesnt look like it

In this case, who should I contact to remove that dependency in CKAN? The Firespitter Plugin isn't even compatible with latest KSP, so I can't install this mod.

2 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

In this case, who should I contact to remove that dependency in CKAN? The Firespitter Plugin isn't even compatible with latest KSP, so I can't install this mod.

2nd to last post in FS thread, by RoverDude himself, says CKAN data for FS is updated, and FS *is* compatable with 1.9.1
If you are seeing issues with that, then the proper place to post would be the FS or CKAN thread.

As to whether *this* mod has a true dependency or not on FS, you are correct in posting here.
I guess either the dev ( @NecroBones ), or someone who uses/and or really knows the workings of this mod, would have to reply. Necrobones hasnt been on in a longwhile, so I wouldnt really *expect* an answer from them any time Soon™ :(

12 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

2nd to last post in FS thread, by RoverDude himself, says CKAN data for FS is updated, and FS *is* compatable with 1.9.1

No, RoverDude says it's compatible only with 1.8 and that CKAN is right about that. "1st" last post says it's incompatible with 1.9.

Anyway, all we can do now is wait for CKAN's author to update LET's data... or to explain why that dependency shows up.

Edited by Krzeszny
back to topic

52 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

No, RoverDude says it's compatible only with 1.8 and that CKAN is right about that. "1st" last post says it's incompatible with 1.9.

Not to argue semantics, but RD posted that on Feb 29th... 3 days after 1.9.1 dropped
Last post is just someone asking for a 1.9.1 update... has NOTHING saying its incompatable... they are probably just *assuming* it doesnt work because RD is too lazy to create a new thread and keep the thread title updated.

54 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

Anyway, all we can do now is wait for CKAN's author to update LET's data... or to explain why that dependency shows up.

Well, if *someone* can confirm LET works in 1.9.1 (doesnt necessarily *have* to be the mod dev), the NETKAN file can be updated by the CKAN team. Unless a dev specifically states they dont want their mod listed on CKAN at all, or that *they*, only want to be the ones updating the NETKAN file, just about anyone can submit an update for it. vOv

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a hard Fatal Error - Exit to Desktop problem upon starting the game during MM processing. Its not related to this mod, but its stopped me.  B9Partswitch throws the error and puts up a popup about it during the game startup screen, and all you can do is close the game (exit directly to desktop).  So I'm at a stop right now until that gets resolved.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@HebaruSan@DasSkelett

• 3 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 7:59 AM, NecroBones said:

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@HebaruSan@DasSkelett

Thank you @NecroBones!

new thread:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.