RoveMate behaves as a cylinder?

Hi, I'm new to the forums

I've been having this inconvenience, I just researched unmanned tech and I wanted to build a rove to send it to the mun, problem is that it behaves as a cylinder as shown in the image. How can I make it so that I can put the wheels correctly? Pls halp

1jvouh.png

Edited by antifaxer

And for dummies, see those two (mostly) yellow icons below the part list? One denotes symmetry (4x in your first screenshot, 2x in the second). The other, displaying a hexagon, is angle snap on/off. Both can be toggled by clicking on them. Though you want to learn about keyboard shortcuts sooner or later.

RoveMate the WORST Probe Core.

High power drain. No features. No reaction wheel. Shape that pretends to be square but isn't really. Its forward direction points skywards.

Worst. Probe. Core. Ever.

Seriously, open the Aerodynamics tab, pick a small wing connector or a pair of Structural Intakes, or the I-beam from Structural, or even a plain Girder for your rover body and attach an OKTO or HECS in the right orientation, or even OKTO2 and a small reaction wheel. Don't torture yourself with this piece of junk.

Edited by Sharpy

Hi, I'm new to the forums

I've been having this inconvenience, I just researched unmanned tech and I wanted to build a rove to send it to the mun, problem is that it behaves as a cylinder as shown in the image. How can I make it so that I can put the wheels correctly? Pls halp

http://i62.tinypic.com/1jvouh.png

Because this is VAB, you should encounter way less hassle if you assemble your rover vertically and then just rotate the whole thing 90 degrees forward. This (with mirror symmetry mode) also eliminates the wheel placement problems.

Because this is VAB, you should encounter way less hassle if you assemble your rover vertically and then just rotate the whole thing 90 degrees forward. This (with mirror symmetry mode) also eliminates the wheel placement problems. in the SPH, then merged, subassemblied, or otherwise imported it into your VAB rocket.

Fixed that for you.

Of course, subasseblies and merging have their own problems, but the build tools should at least be defaulting to the most useful mode.

RoveMate the WORST Probe Core.

High power drain. No features. No reaction wheel. Shape that pretends to be square but isn't really. Its forward direction points skywards.

Worst. Probe. Core. Ever.

Seriously, open the Aerodynamics tab, pick a small wing connector or a pair of Structural Intakes, or the I-beam from Structural, or even a plain Girder for your rover body and attach an OKTO or HECS in the right orientation, or even OKTO2 and a small reaction wheel. Don't torture yourself with this piece of junk.

And this is why I delete the part from my saves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.