[1.0.5] Custom Clusters - More freedom in engine design (No longer supported)

Randazzo

Just gave this a whirl, and it works precisely how I imagined it would. Very nice indeed. The adapters are definitely going into my future installs :)

And perhaps I can even teach the 1.25->0.625 multiadapters I'm adding through Near Future and RLA Stockalike to produce interstage fairings like the stock adapter variants you made. That will be great for electric engine upper stages... I'll finally be able to fit dual DS4G's into a normal launch stack!

Do those interstage fairings use the same mass per area as stock fairings do, by the way?

They use ModuleJettison, just like engines. I left the mass at the stock setting of 0.1, but I've honestly never watched to see if that mass gets dropped.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleJettison
jettisonName = fairing1
bottomNodeName = bottom04
isFairing = True
jettisonedObjectMass = 0.1
jettisonForce = 0
jettisonDirection = 0 0 0
}

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='mjl1966']I don't get it. I put on a 2.5 plate and it holds - one engine. I don't see how to cluster. Yes, I'm being serious here. What am I missing?

Don't forget to set the symmetry to more than one, and you'll need to use a surface attachable engine (such as the ones from the mod) to stick more than one on there.

Edited by Randazzo

• 3 months later...