Business Insurance Help Please?

Zipmafia

Hello all, and thank you for your time.

First, a brief back story....

I have recently had to leave my job of over 9 years. I didn't want to, but the nature of the business became too stressful and unappreciative for me.

Once I left I received several higher paying jobs as a sub-contractor. And the businesses that were employing me are extremely appreciative.

This has helped me decide that I want to go into business. The job I left is tanking since I left, and it would be really easy to employ or sub-contract my old co-workers for my new business.

Now for where you come in if you can help....

I need to find business insurance. And since I am still in the developmental stage of creating my business, I want to structure it so that the insurance premiums are as low as possible.

The problem is that I have absolutely no experience with business insurance. And every time I try to get more information from an agent, I get one sentence responses, or just get ignored.

Admittedly, I haven't tried to get a lot of quotes, but it seems like a dead end trying to get information from them.

Is there anyone here who has experience with business insurance that would be willing to coach me? I know a little about what is going on, but would like to know if I'm right, and what to expect. I hate going blindly into things.

In any case, if you have read this far, thank you again for your time, I don't know where else to ask but the greatest gaming community on earth!

Take the time to set up an appointment with your city's employment office, or swing through your City Hall and ask about small business counseling or advisers. Most cities of medium or larger size have a group/department that focuses on small business growth. Their main job is to promote the growth of small businesses in their town in an effort to bring in additional revenue for the city - something helpful for both them and business owners (via customers). I live in a small city in MD, population ~40k, and we have this.

They don't always have everything, but they have information to help get you started and incorporated. They can also get you in touch with a lot of the right people to get the ball rolling on everything from legal needs and rights to dealing with insurance... And even helping find a location for you if you need business real estate.

Source: My wife is part of the city Arts Council where I live and fed me all of the above since she sees these folks several times a week, and it's a common thing in most cities once you have enough residents :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.