Parts Idea, Looking for a Partner

I've got an idea for a part or series of parts based on some of the real world research into creating fuels from bacteria cultures. I don't really have the modeling chops or understanding of mod programming to execute it. If anyone's interested in starting a new space fuels "company" with me let me know. I'm happy to share more details.

Edited by SgìobairOg

I don't really have the modeling chops or understanding of mod programming to execute it

Well, which part would you be contributing in then? I personally can model and I could learn how to texture down the road, though if you're just going to provide an idea...

I suppose I'm really only contributing the idea, though from what I've seen of modeling, I could probably provide texture graphics. Mainly thought it'd be fun to have a parts "company" and do a little branding. I could learn to do it myself but I'm starting grad school and I already burn enough free time in KSP.

Anyway, the idea, just because it'd be neat to have even if I'm not involved:

I'd like a part or series of parts consisting of glass tanks of "bacteria" which slowly produce liquid fuel and oxidizer. Not fast enough that you're jetting around on "free gas" but fast enough that a staging station could produce enough over a long mission to fuel a return from orbit or some such. The details need to be hashed out a bit so it doesn't end up just cheating on fuel. I'd expect it'd be up the science tree with Fuel Cells, etc. I'd also expect you'd need a scientist and an engineer for it to work effectively. Not sure if it can be implements but I would expect the further out from the sun a real world system like this would get the slower the organic processes of the bacteria would get so less effective in the outer solar system, or perhaps using more electricity to maintain a temperature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.