Performance issues and glitch

Hi i have two questions both kind of same related to mods.

Currently i have these mods: Blizzy Toolbar, Antena Range, Magic Orbital Science, Contracts Window +, Docking Port Alignment, KAS, KIS, KOS, MechJeb 2, SCANsat, Science Alert, SETI contracts, Stage Recovery, Trigger Tech, WayPoint Manager, ModuleManager

First thing is when i EVA i return to ship its EC is full for no reason at all and (so far i noticed on moon) without warping time my kerbal falls and acts like it is SOMETIMES like when i hit ship with him or some action like that but he falls really quick and fall from slopes faster and such.

Second question which mod takes most of the memory, every few sec it freezes for 0.1s but it is so annoying like when alligning the orbit or specially building the ship. in stock KSP there was no such problems even on highest setting. I dont see problem in my pc (i5 4460, 8gb ram, radeon r9 280).

Thanks.

.. every few sec it freezes for 0.1s but it is so annoying like when alligning the orbit or specially building the ship. in stock KSP there was no such problems even on highest setting. I dont see problem in my pc (i5 4460, 8gb ram, radeon r9 280).

Thanks.

KSP loves to write to the log file... you'll most likely find that during the freezes... KSP is updating the log file with enormous amounts text which is for our benefit, to happily spend a month of Sundays reading. -- Some of the installed mods are having an argument with KSP.

It'll be nice to turn off this as a lot of the time it's irrelevant stuff, until you need it.

:wink:

The behaviour of ragdolled kerbals is weird and unpredictable, probably a bug.

The freezing is most likely MechJeb, SCANSAT, or some other calculation/garbage intensive mod... Though I'm pretty sure it's just exacerbating an underlying problem in the game engine. Look here for more on this.

Either that or, as ColKlonk suggests, something is spamming the log. Have a look in said logfile, or pull it up in-game with the debug menu.

A heap of exceptions in the log usually indicates that there's something up with a mod... and should be investigated further. Take a peek.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be nice to turn off this as a lot of the time it's irrelevant stuff, until you need it.

-nolog

Not sure what is happening with your EC. I've seen similar reports about the ISRU (mining) parts where the ore tank randomly fills up after switching vessels. Can you upload an output_log.txt and/or a save file that demonstrates the problem?

As for the glitches, it is more likely that this is the well known garbage collection glitch. Some mods do make the problem worse, however this does also happen in the stock game but there are a number of factors that affect how noticeable the effect is. In short, not a lot you can do about this one except try installing Sarbian's GCMonitor mod (linked in one or both of those threads) and see what effect removing the various mods has on the garbage collection rate and/or the length of the pauses...

Ok, so for glitch, what could be is that blizzy toolbar is for 1.02 and i use 1.0.4 which is said on start that is not compitable so maybe really is the log file which i will check. Also i was thinking about stuttering problem is with scansat, antena range (i doubt is mechjeb as it is constangtly runing normal.

For eva i will check again since there is one dll added with mod antena range, evamanager.dll or something and i think that added eva proppelant part as well EC so kerbal have EC in space (or is it KAS), i will investigate further but some mods really mess game up and without them, game is no so much fun :/

thanks for fast response

EDIT: i deleted EVA manager.dll (i get it with antena range and tought it was required) which i dont know how it enchances but deffinently destroys game. i delted Toadicious Tools so what it does if someone can explain, thanks.

Edited by phoda

EDIT: i deleted EVA manager.dll (i get it with antena range and tought it was required) which i dont know how it enchances but deffinently destroys game. i delted Toadicious Tools so what it does if someone can explain, thanks.
Both are required for AntennaRange to function correctly.

I'd strongly suggest that you try removing MechJeb, even if just as a test... It's by far the biggest contributor to the stutter IME.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.