WIP: Deltaglider XR-1

Redneck

Project On hold pending release of KSP v1.1

Project Re-uploaded to Spacedock here:

http://spacedock.info/mod/164/Deltaglider%20XR-1%20For%20KSP

All future updates will be posted here

MAKE SURE TO DELETE OLD "Deltaglider" FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING

Version WIP V0.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4 Released on 2015-10-11

SCRAMjet Has been updated to work correctly with Effects and custom sound. Due to custom sound directory had to be restructured.

Docking port now works and docks properly now. I updated CKAN to use the docking port sounds MOD.

Retro engines Tweaked for more power

This will overwrite previous Deltaglider XR-1 Craft file

I am usually in Teamspeak3 @ OMP.ddns.net for any questions.

To DO:

Tweak internal props in cockpit (Make my own levers and switches) and tie them into action groups via .cfg file

balancing Hover engines

adjusting pivot points,nodes,Hierarchy on Landing gear

Tweak the lighting on textures

Figure out how to handle engine controls for RCS,Retro,Main,Hover engines

GOAL:

Fully working cockpit (fly without need for external view)

Keep XR-1 as original looking as possible

Make better videos lol

Thanks to Dr. Martin and dbeachy,frying tiger for permission and use of meshes and textures

I also have more Videos on my Twitch Channel that I stream on when Im working on the model. Usually in the afternoons after work CDT

http://www.twitch.tv/redneckksp/profile

88x31.png

licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. All rights reserved

Meshes and Textures Used with Permission from Doug Beachy, Dr. Martin Schweiger, Frying Tiger

Make sure you open the doors (hover and retro) and let the animations finish loading. Use Action groups extended to separate the engines and use Throttle control Avionics for a balanced hover. I will make a video of how this is done later

Edited by Redneck

Well I knew this question would come up. I havent asked Coolhand. I have talked to him in the past. His mesh is encrypted. If you try to import it into blender it is a scrambled mess. BUT! I have done it another way and succeeded. But the textures are a mess and that is where I will need some help. I have done the XR-5 and put it into KSP. I havent asked for permission to do that yet. But my overall goal is to do the whole fleet. But right now The XR-1 is my priority. Its my first mod and im learning as I go.

Should I make the wings fold to fit in the XR-5?

PvW97if.png?1

Edited by Redneck

To be honest I haven't looked at the beta recently Ive been so busy in my freetime reading tutorials and whatnot. But I will take a look at it. Thanks for the heads up. In the meantime i tweaked the body of the XR-1 and smoothed it out

Before:

ne4UI23.png?1

After:

VK6dVN1.png?1

Next thing I guess is the rocker switches and nose cone and docking levers in the cockpit and assign them

Edited by Redneck

gib, pl0x

man, I've been waiting for this in KSP for a long time :D

btw, what about Delta Glider IV? it has a better model...

atvdg4newbeta8.jpg

btw, since I haven't played Orbiter for like, 7 years, does the XR-1 have a payload bay, containers and solar panels like the IV? I do remember that it was able to open the hatch... or was that the IV?

Oh, my giddy aunt. The DG! I can't count the number of hours I spent flying this little beauty in Orbiter 2006. Thanks for bringing this space-going hotrod into KSP! I'm sure that with alexustas' ASET Avionics Pack you'll be able to create a faithful, if not improved, IVA experience.

Really looking forward to flying this again!

XR1s are crew transfer only. If you want to deliver payloads, you have to step up to the XR2.

Speaking of the Ravenstar, if you do manage to port her across, I will be VERY cross if you leave out the fuzzy dice.

nice, I didn't remember any of these, since it was 7 years ago that I last played Orbiter :)

So, what about asking Dan Steph or authorization on a conversion of the IV? it could be a neat in-between ship, able to ressuply or deliver small payloads into orbit (or even to Mars/Duna, I haven't actually managed to achieve orbit in Orbiter, I tried many times but failed miserably, I learnt in KSP last year, so I actually don't know if the IV is able to go to Mars as I haven't tried Orbiter since I started playing KSP :P )

EDIT: btw, could I suggest adding flag templates where the ALTEA and the US flag are? just so we can use custom KSP flags :D

Edited by JoseEduardo

Oh, my giddy aunt. The DG! I can't count the number of hours I spent flying this little beauty in Orbiter 2006. Thanks for bringing this space-going hotrod into KSP! I'm sure that with alexustas' ASET Avionics Pack you'll be able to create a faithful, if not improved, IVA experience.

Really looking forward to flying this again!

ASET is already in there and Im making some of my own specific to the deltaglider model. Such as the rocker switches and gear levers etc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.