Scart91 Texture Pack WIP

Scart91

Suit set now finished up, will probably add onto it in the future when I have time, files are currently jpgs but if somebody could convert to DDS then that would be a great help! Will update to png again when I have time. RqspZfY.jpg

Download link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jTBhRYrQ-8ajBNTllIME5NRXc/view?usp=sharing

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings,

Could you please tell me how you got hold of the Kerbal head and suit textures from the game assets? I'd like to try my hand at editing them, but cannot figure out how to get them.

Otherwise, if you'd like to help me do some art, I could help you do some dds and cfg work... My intent is to create a set of suits for IVA, EVA, and specific parts for each class with differentiation between experience ranks that fully encompasses all the 'classes' of stock and USI.

Stock:
Pilot, Engineer, Scientist, Tourist

USI:
Kolonist, Miner, Technician, Mechanic, Biologist, Geologist, Farmer, Medic, Quartermaster

Edited by Electrocutor

Well, I hope he comes back around and gets in touch with me. In the mean-time, here is a sample TexturePack utilizing his files. Let me know if anything is broken. I've only bothered to convert the diffuse textures into dds for now and haven't bothered to resize anything yet.

IMPORTANT
If you start a new game, then you're fine; but if you add this to an existing game, it will not work right unless you edit the save file and add the config data for TextureReplacer into it. TextureReplacer by default overrides .cfg configurations with the data that already exists in the save, which is almost always blank.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_LTOcS7EtOyQUg4bmV0cTBjV1U

Requirements:

• TextureReplacer

Features:

• Females have 5 randomized faces
  • Males have 12 randomized faces
  • Jebediah, Bob, Bill, and Valentina have an elite suit progression: 0.Used, 1.New, 4.Elite; each specific to their class
  • Normal pilots, engineers, and scientists have a suit progression: 0.Old, 1.Used, 4.New; each specific to their class
  • Tourists have a special old suit just for them
  • USI classes all get a particular Old or Used suit except Kolonist
  • Kolonists randomly select from an generic old, used, new, or new(style2) suit

Screenshots:

B9mipgx.jpg
Pilots

Vs1GJV7.jpg
Scientists

SUluScB.jpg
Engineers

sQQUEvS.jpg
The Big Four

XJgnS4J.jpg
And... Tourists

Edited by Electrocutor

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Potato3478 said:

Well That was not expected...

Thats what popped up when i clicked on the link, I know this is old and all but still anways I hope this will be updated!

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/233646-scart91-texture-pack-wip

the link I posted is a bit dated, but it works.

also try a different browser because the updated link posted by scart works fine for me.

Edited by Galileo

Wow. The quality of these textures is as professional looking as it gets. This pack should have way more attention than it does!

Top notch stuff Scart. Cant believe i've not seen this till now. *Rushes off to DL and install*

Edited by Stevie_D

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2017 at 11:11 PM, Stevie_D said:

Wow. The quality of these textures is as professional looking as it gets. This pack should have way more attention than it does!

Top notch stuff Scart. Cant believe i've not seen this till now. *Rushes off to DL and install*

Thanks man appreciate the praise! :) I'm a graphic designer by trade and did some game design in Uni so the skills were there to sort the job B)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, PmThay said:

will you try to adapt the suits to the new Texture Replacer Replaced? 

I recall him posting somewhere that he was, maybe it was the TRR thread

hrm... ok n/m I just looked at his post history and don't see anything

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/25/2017 at 5:11 PM, Stevie_D said:

This, lol. Simply wow!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Scart91, Are you still around? Sorry for the Necroposting but I think this needs a bit of attention. These are arguably the best suit textures anyone's made, and I think everyone who uses TR would agree that it'd be great if you managed to update these for the new suit textures. 

Also, anyone that has any experience with making textures for things, WE NEED MORE SUIT TEXTURES FOR 1.5 AND UP!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.