[1.7-1.9] SMURFF: Simple Module adjUstments for Real-ish Fuel-mass Fractions 1.9.1 (02019 Nov 12)

Kerbas_ad_astra

Stock spacecraft are designed with the stock solar system in mind, so while SMURFF will improve their performance, it's not surprising that they may not necessarily work in the real solar system.  I've found that doubling the fuel tank on the upper stage of the Kerbal X and shedding the legs and ladders lets it get to orbit.

The basis for the engine buff was comparing the TWR of stock engines (15-25) to the state-of-the-art (60-100+).  There are engines nowadays that are better -- the Merlin family is approaching 200 -- but it feels appropriate, given KSP's style, to keep the setpoint in 70s-90s era technology.  Note that the stock size 1 engines are at the lower end of that range, so you may be better off losing the boosters from the Kerbal X and replacing them with a pair of size 2 boosters or using higher-TWR size 1 engines from a mod (e.g. SpaceY).

What would be the proper way of determining what lever is the right one for a certain system scale? I was assuming that the mass ratio multiplier relative to stock is proportional to the lever, and that levers=1 is balanced for RSS.

Then, the lever for a certain scale, I would htink, to maintain roughly the same difficulty, should I think be proportional to the ratio of the mass ratios you need to LKO in the different scales, which would give ~0.56 for the levers for 64k if you use engines with an exhaust velocity of 3500 m/s.

Is that anywhere close to sensible?

I had a big post typed up where I used the fuel tank mass fraction to calculate maximum single-stage delta-V, compared that to the delta-V required to get to orbit in a "characteristic difficulty factor," and then calculated the required tankLever to match CDFs for stock, 64K, and RSS, but there's something I'm missing because the numbers don't match my experiments.  I thought I could ignore engine mass and focus on fuel tanks but clearly that's not the case.  I've got some more numbers to crunch.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

6 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I had a big post typed up where I used the fuel tank mass fraction to calculate maximum single-stage delta-V, compared that to the delta-V required to get to orbit in a "characteristic difficulty factor," and then calculated the required tankLever to match CDFs for stock, 64K, and RSS, but there's something I'm missing because the numbers don't match my experiments.  I thought I could ignore engine mass and focus on fuel tanks but clearly that's not the case.  I've got some more numbers to crunch.

FYI you can only ignore engine (and other non-fuel) mass when doing deltaV calcs if it's a negligible % of the final mass due to the way the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation works.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

I've read your writings on the Space Y thread, but I couldn't figure out the problem. I'm not using cyrogenic engines, and you'd already fixed the problem in current version.

I'm using current version of SMURFF (v1.5.5), and here's the output_log.txt(7.35MB).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl2slqtgtvt6b11/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thank you for notifing me that you need output.txt

Okay, the issue is that the Interstellar Fuel Switch Integration patch doesn't delete the LiquidFuel and Oxidizer resources from parts it acts on, so SMURFF treats them like regular fuel tanks, but then the IFS module has stock-balanced values in it, so SMURFF's changes get ignored.  The stock parts turn out OK because Color-Coded Canisters patches them before IFS does, and it properly removes the resource nodes, so SMURFF patches the IFS module.

@FreeThinker, you need to add the following to your IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch patch:

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}

(I also need to adjust SMURFF's IFS patch. The 'manifest' of resources has changed somewhat.)

7 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Okay, the issue is that the Interstellar Fuel Switch Integration patch doesn't delete the LiquidFuel and Oxidizer resources from parts it acts on, so SMURFF treats them like regular fuel tanks, but then the IFS module has stock-balanced values in it, so SMURFF's changes get ignored.  The stock parts turn out OK because Color-Coded Canisters patches them before IFS does, and it properly removes the resource nodes, so SMURFF patches the IFS module.

@FreeThinker, you need to add the following to your IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch patch:

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}

(I also need to adjust SMURFF's IFS patch. The 'manifest' of resources has changed somewhat.)

There is a problem with that. Removing the resource will make the part behave differently. IFS also uses it to select the initial tank and ensure mass and cost for stock parts is maintained.

On 1/9/2017 at 7:44 AM, FreeThinker said:

There is a problem with that. Removing the resource will make the part behave differently. IFS also uses it to select the initial tank and ensure mass and cost for stock parts is maintained.

I'm not sure that it's necessary, though.  That patch only operates on LFO tanks, so why should the default tank be anything other than LFO?  The cost of fuel and oxidizer can be subtracted from the part cost in the same Module Manager patch, and the 'mass' variable is the dry mass, so it doesn't matter whether LFO RESOURCE nodes are present or not.

(If it is necessary, I can still adapt SMURFF to it, but it's more trouble for me...)

On 1/25/2017 at 0:29 PM, Ultrop said:

Love this mod, simplicity it self for the end user. Now I can finally make use of the RSS. Thank you

I'm glad you like it!

In other news, I've figured out a way to more robustly accommodate IFS's integration patch (that does not depend on it deleting the stock resource nodes), and now that the latest release of Mark IV resolves its MM patch errors, I can move forward with patching its B9 tank types as well.

SMURFF Version 1.6 is out!

02017 01 28 (1.6): Happy New Year

• Removed "Extra" patch for the procedural ore tank, as they've accepted my PR to add it directly to the part config.
  • Engine patches now operate on minThrust as well as maxThrust (if someone should ever release an engine with nonzero minThrust).
  • Reduced reaction-wheel authority on command pods in proportion to their mass reduction.
  • Adjusted IFS patch. It works again, but note that IFS already has its own RSS patch, so SMURFF defers to that.  (SMURFF steps in for non-RSS solar systems.)
  • Added support for Mark IV tank types. Because the corresponding version of Mark IV was released for KSP 1.2.2, this version and later versions are not compatible with KSP 1.2.0 or 1.2.1.

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be an issue between SMURFF, MFT and Procedural Parts. The procedural tanks are very heavy (something like 1:6 Dry/Wet) and it looks like both the Procedural tank switcher and the MFT tank switcher modules are both active on the part - note the 3x different measurements for dry/wet mass in the below image. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

bKhx0SH.jpg

Oh sorry you are right, I somehow hadn't noticed the lack of support between SMURFF and MFT until now. That said, I haven't had any issues with just those two until I decided to try Procedural Parts, it had seemed to be working well having MFT for tanks with SMURFF just rebalancing engines.

According to the Procedural Parts thread it has built-in support for MFT, I might just try tweaking the config files myself to try and get all 3 playing nicely together.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Im new to trying out this mod and have some basic questions. CKAN is being used as a mod manager. First general discussion on why Im trying SMURFF

Im not using Real Fuels largely due to the engine restarts and ullage. For engine restarts I like reusable explorers which they often trouble. An EVA Kerbal engineer could replace the 'matches' or other starters but Im not aware of that being coded yet. The ullage is a relatively minor issue solved by having solid rockets fire for a few seconds before starting the engine. The game code though requires an extra stage or manual vs Mech Jeb auto staging. With larger and certainly complex explorers having to give up potentially several stages is actually a problem. SMURFF seems to provide the more real ISP, engines and tanks without those issues. Hoping it goes well.

My questions are more about views on if these are the right mods and if Im missing any. If got lots of mods installed, like MechJeb and so on, so this is more about mods giving parts.

Real Solar System is being used

USI for a decent yet playable life support mod has been selected.

SpaceY is installed

I was using KW Rocketry in a recent play. I'm wondering if it is reasonably close to this mod so I might copy over those craft.

Near Future various are installed as well.

Are there other mods I should consider?

Are there other mods to avoid?

Edited by brygun
added 'are there' questions

It would seem B9 makes SMURFF throw MM errors and hinder cache creation. Might just be my heavily modded RSS install, but hey, might as well report it =)

Seems to be similar to previous errors/problems in regards to the missing "addedMass".

KSP.log snippet: 

Spoiler

[LOG 12:21:26.477] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Adapter_Front/Aero_HL_Adapter_Front/B9_Aero_HL_Adapter_Front
[LOG 12:21:26.478] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.478] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.479] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/05m-Universal/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_05m
[LOG 12:21:26.480] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.481] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.482] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/1m-Universal/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_1m_U
[LOG 12:21:26.482] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.483] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.484] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/2m-Adapter-Side/B9_Aero_HL_Adapter_2m_Side
[LOG 12:21:26.485] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.485] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.486] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/2m-Universal-Adapter/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_2m_A
[LOG 12:21:26.487] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.488] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.488] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/2m-Universal/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_2m
[LOG 12:21:26.490] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.490] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.491] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/6m-Universal/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Structure_6m
[LOG 12:21:26.492] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.493] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.494] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Body/8m-Universal-Tail/B9_Aero_HL_Body_Tail_8m
[LOG 12:21:26.495] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.495] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.496] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Extension_A/Aero_HL_Extension_A/B9_Aero_HL_Extension_A
[LOG 12:21:26.497] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.498] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.499] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Extension_B/Universal/B9_Aero_HL_Extension_B1
[LOG 12:21:26.500] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.501] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.502] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_HL_Extension_C/Aero_HL_Extension_C/B9_Aero_HL_Extension_C
[LOG 12:21:26.503] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.503] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.504] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/Mount/B9_Aero_Intake_Mount
[LOG 12:21:26.505] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.506] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.507] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk1/body_mk1_section_050m/B9_Body_Mk1_Fuselage_050m
[LOG 12:21:26.508] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.508] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.509] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk1/body_mk1_section_100m/B9_Body_Mk1_Fuselage_100m
[LOG 12:21:26.510] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.510] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.511] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk1/body_mk1_section_200m/B9_Body_Mk1_Fuselage_200m
[LOG 12:21:26.512] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.513] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.514] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk1/body_mk1_section_400m/B9_Body_Mk1_Fuselage_400m
[LOG 12:21:26.515] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.515] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.516] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_125m_bicoupler/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_125m_Bicoupler
[LOG 12:21:26.517] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.518] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.519] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_125m_long/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_125m_Long
[LOG 12:21:26.520] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.520] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.521] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_125m_short/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_125m_Short
[LOG 12:21:26.522] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.523] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.525] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_125m_shroud_full/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_Mk2_Rot
[LOG 12:21:26.526] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.527] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.529] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_125m_shroud_half/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_125m_Shroud
[LOG 12:21:26.530] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.531] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.532] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_250m_long/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_250m_Long
[LOG 12:21:26.536] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.537] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.538] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_adapter_250m_short/B9_Body_Adapter_Mk2_250m_Short
[LOG 12:21:26.539] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.540] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.542] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_nosecone_125m_long/B9_Body_Mk1_Nosecone_Long
[LOG 12:21:26.543] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.544] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.545] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_nosecone_125m_short/B9_Body_Mk1_Nosecone_Short
[LOG 12:21:26.546] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.546] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.547] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_nosecone_direct_long/B9_Body_Mk2_Nosecone_Long
[LOG 12:21:26.548] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.548] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.549] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_nosecone_direct_short/B9_Body_Mk2_Nosecone_Short
[LOG 12:21:26.551] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.551] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.552] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_section_0m/B9_Body_Mk2_Fuselage_050m
[LOG 12:21:26.553] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.553] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.554] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_section_1m/B9_Body_Mk2_Fuselage_1m
[LOG 12:21:26.555] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.556] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.557] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Body_Mk2/body_mk2_section_2m/B9_Body_Mk2_Fuselage_2m
[LOG 12:21:26.557] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.558] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.559] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_MK1_Junction/Cockpit_MK1_Junction/B9_Cockpit_MK1_Junction
[LOG 12:21:26.560] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.561] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.562] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Adapter/Cockpit_S2_Adapter/B9_Cockpit_S2_Adapter
[LOG 12:21:26.563] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.563] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.564] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Body/05m-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_05m
[LOG 12:21:26.565] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.565] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.566] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Body/1m-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_RCS
[LOG 12:21:26.567] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.568] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.568] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Body/2m-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_Body
[LOG 12:21:26.569] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.570] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.570] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Body/6m-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_6m
[LOG 12:21:26.571] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.572] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.573] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Body_Crew/6m/B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_Crew_6m
[LOG 12:21:26.575] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.576] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.577] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_Body_Tail/Tail/B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_Tail
[LOG 12:21:26.578] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.579] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.579] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_W_Body/Body-Back-EM1-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_BodyLarge_Back_EngineMount1
[LOG 12:21:26.580] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.581] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.582] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_W_Body/Body-Back-EM2-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_BodyLarge_Back_EngineMount2
[LOG 12:21:26.583] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.583] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.584] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_W_Body/Body-Back-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_BodyLarge_Back
[LOG 12:21:26.585] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.585] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.586] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_W_Body/Body-Front-Intake/B9_Cockpit_S2_BodyLarge_Front
[LOG 12:21:26.587] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.588] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.588] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_W_Body/Body-Front-Universal/B9_Cockpit_S2_BodyLarge_Front2
[LOG 12:21:26.590] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.590] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.591] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_S2_W_Body/Body/B9_Cockpit_S2_BodyLarge
[LOG 12:21:26.592] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.593] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.595] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_SABRE_Body/M/B9_Engine_SABRE_M_Body
[LOG 12:21:26.596] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.596] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.597] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_SABRE_Body/S/B9_Engine_SABRE_S_Body
[LOG 12:21:26.598] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.598] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$
[LOG 12:21:26.601] [ModuleManager] Applying node SMURFF/SMURFF/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]]:FOR[zzz_SMURFF] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_Nosecone_Science/Nosecone/B9_Cockpit_MK2_Nosecone
[LOG 12:21:26.602] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key addedMass in SUBTYPE
[LOG 12:21:26.602] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key modMass = #$/MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[@SUBTYPE[LH2]]/SUBTYPE[LH2]/addedMass$

Full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xibekdtju12v24c/KSP.log?dl=0