[1.7-1.9] SMURFF: Simple Module adjUstments for Real-ish Fuel-mass Fractions 1.9.1 (02019 Nov 12)

Kerbas_ad_astra

I'll try now but it says:

"KSP_VERSION_MAX":{
		"MAJOR":1,
		"MINOR":4,
		"PATCH":1

Edit:

It looks like compatible. I compared several parts (especially latest Making History parts), engines, pods, tanks..etc all have different mass values.

Edited by CanOmer

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Is it safe to assume that all the recommended and suggested mods have whatever needs to be set to happily run with SMURFF? Don't need to manually specify any exceptions or anything?

SMURFF is a set of patches that will work well with pretty much any “stock style” parts mods. It doesn’t require any specific compatibility within the other mod.

It may not work with mods that have special fuel switchers,etc, although it generally works with Nertea’s mods.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, TheBok said:

I removed IFS and the MRS tanks are now fine, all of them it seems, tho the two SpaceY fuelled nose cones remain vanilla.

Many apologies for the delay in responding, but those two nose cones just come with about twice the dry mass of typical fuel tanks of their capacities.  (I don't know why NecroBones chose to make them so.)  SMURFF is making them lighter, but when every other tank is so much lighter still, it makes their extra mass more obvious.

In other news, it's finally time to release v1.9.0: The Power of the Special!

I'm getting down off my high horse with this release; I've un-exiled several mod- and part-specific patches that I had been keeping in an "Extras" directory, because some of those part-specific patches are for Squad parts (the new Mk1-3, Mk2, and Mk2 Lander Can pods).  These new capsules are much lighter than their counterparts (2.6 tons for the Mk1-3 vs. 4 tons for the Mk1-2, for example), so they'd be made of styrofoam if I let their masses get cut in half like the rest.

Here is the full changelog:

• Vintage Kerbal suit variants now excluded from patching.
  • Moved Ven's "Extra" patch into the main SMURFF folder, now called "Special".
  • Squad's new capsules (Mk1-3, Mk2, and Mk2 Lander Can) now have a "Special" patch, since they're much lighter than their predecessors.
  • Update ZBO power requirement patch and Procedural Parts patch to adapt to CryoTanks update.
  • New "Special" patch for Universal Storage II tanks.
  • New "Special" patch to handle Tundra Exploration fuel tanks.

As for Lithium. This metal is solid in its normal state. To use it, it must be heated above 453.69 K (180.54 °C, 356.97 °F). And at temperatures below 1613 K (1339.85 °C, 2443.73 °F) it should not evaporate much.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I imagine most people use this with RSS, have many people tested it with Sigma?

I may be showing my lack of skill, but I've been playing a Sigma rescaled game with just 2.5x stock sizes, and most destinations I can reach, but moving beyond Duna has proven to be seriously challenging for me.  Normally, reaching Dres orbit from Kerbin orbit is about 2000 m/s, but in my system it's about 7000 m/s.  It's do-able, but the difficulty scales very quickly the further I go.  I think that inclined planets also become harder to reach as you scale up.   And Jool... I can reach it, but I can never leave.

Is the default setting on the mod intended for x6.4 or x10 scaled solar systems?  I intend to dial down the mod for my comparatively smaller system, but I'm wondering by how much I should dial it down.   Has anyone tried it with small-scaled solar systems like 2.5x or 3.2x?

The default settings are intended for x10 scaled systems.

Are you sure you're doing your interplanetary transfers correctly?  Delta-V costs should scale with the square root of the distance scale factor, so you should only need ~3 km/s from LKO for your Dres mission, which is well within the capabilities of stock parts.

• 1 month later...

I do have SMURFF installed into a RSS version of KSP but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the mass of thinmgs such as the FL-T800.  Please see image to confirm.  Thanks for any advice.

Looks like 4.119t with SMURFF and 4.5 without.  Shouldn't the standard SMURFF settings (didn't mess with the config) make it lighter than that?

fl-t800.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had some changes sitting in the back of my hard drive for a while, but now that RSS is updated for KSP 1.7 I figure it's as good a time as any to release them:

SMURFF v1.9.1 "Green Origin"

• Adding support for CryoTanks' liquid methane tank variants. Because these were added for a version of CryoTanks made for KSP 1.7, this version and later versions are not compatible with KSP 1.4 to 1.6.
  • Futuristic Kerbal suit variants (Breaking Ground) now excluded from patching.

• 3 weeks later...

So because my potato laptop can't run JNSQ (and I can't always get on my desktop) I usually play 1.8.1 on there, as it runs better than 1.7.3 did, allowing me to add in some mods. But the standard 1.0x scale solar system was annoying me. So I found another use for SMURFF - instead of using this mod to scale up the engines (or whatever hocus pocus witchcraft this mod does) I used negative values in the configs to nerf the engines (or again whatever sorcery this does), thereby simulating a larger system without needing Kopernicus.

Not sure what side effects this will cause but so far so good!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I have a problem with SMURFF. I just recently downloaded it in KSP 1.7.3 along with a lot of other mods and it seems to be working, but only partly. While it changes pod weight, and engine thrust (along with booster Isp) , it does not do anything with the fuel tanks. I have Cryo-Engines and Cryo-Tanks installed, but I have deleted the tankswitcher.cfg file and it still doesn't change the dry mass of the tanks. Here is my modlist :

KSP-I ( with Interstellar Fuel Switch )

KSP Wheel

APUS Shuttle

Kerbalism

Cryogenic Engines + Tanks

Sigma Dimensions ( I play in a 3X rescale ) 

Community Resource Pack

Community Tech Tree

B9 Part Switch

OPT spaceplane

Mk2 Expansion

FireSpitter

Station Parts Expansion

Could anyone help me by pointing out the issue or the mod(s) that is incompatible? Any help would be appreciated

I think Interstellar Fuel Switch is the 'problem'.  I made a patch for it at one time, but I haven't used IFS in years so it may not be functional anymore.  I believe IFS comes with its own adjustment patch for Real Solar System, but that patch may not be active if you're using a different solar system.

26 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I think Interstellar Fuel Switch is the 'problem'.  I made a patch for it at one time, but I haven't used IFS in years so it may not be functional anymore.  I believe IFS comes with its own adjustment patch for Real Solar System, but that patch may not be active if you're using a different solar system.

Thanks a lot. Do you, by any means, have that config patch ?

11 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

It's in the code already, line 827.  Probably the order of fuels has changed since then, or something.

ok so if I remove Real Solar System from;

MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin,!RealSolarSystem] and

MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:NEEDS[SMURFF,!RealSolarSystem]

Everything should work ?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Will SMURFF make rockets overpowered again in JNSQ?

Try it and see if it makes it too easy. You can adjust the SMURFF config to suit your preferences.

// **** MASTER CONTROLS ****
SMURFFCONFIG
{
	// 1 = real-ish performance ("classic" SMURFF), 0 = stock, and anything in between is in between.  Probably shouldn't go beyond 1, since strange things might happen if too much mass gets subtracted.

tanklever = 1
	enginelever = 1
	podlever = 1
}